Preparing dreamer - summoning

saxcloud

Hello everybody, 

I have a doubt, I read here and there about all the summoning dreamer I'd capable of, but in respect to the 2nd Ed, his summon action is only once for activation. There is widow and vasilisa Which can help summoning. But I am losing some aspect? So I ask :how to summon with dreamer? Wha when where? When and if summon multiple model? My consideration

Usually I try madness/stitched. 

Maybe a twin daydream if needed or alp. If  take vasilisa or widow they are in charge of stitched, 

As I am with very few games played I am still trying to understand 

Here are the steps, roughly speaking.

• Dreamer takes the Manifest Nightmares action.
  • He declares what he is summoning (for example, 1 stitched or an alp plus a daydream).
  • He decides whether to use a soulstone to get a mask (the required suit for the summon).
  • You calculate what number you need and flip a card (you need a total of 10 + the costs of the minions + a mask.
  • If the card is not enough to hit your target number, you can cheat fate from your hand (as long as it isn't the black joker). Don't forget to add the dreamers stat (6).
  • If you succeed, the models enters play with the summoning upgrade (waking dream) but doesn't go on the table. It is 'buried' and is placed off the table.
  • The next time an enemy fails one of your willpower duels, you may unbury one of your summons from off the table.

So for example if you want an alp (cost 5) and a day dream (cost 3), you need an eighteen of masks. You might decide to get there by soulstoning beforehand, then cheating a 12 from your hand. The 12 + stat 6 gives you the eighteen, and the soulstone gave you the mask. Of course, if you had a 12 of masks, you wouldn't need the soulstone.

Then you bury both the alp and the daydream, give them the summon upgrades, and give them stunned (the upgrade stuns them). The next time an enemy fails one of your willpower duels, you can unbury one of the models (but not both).

They cannot take actions until they unbury, or if something else allows them to take actions (Insidious Madness have one action they can take while buried).

Let me know if this doesn't make sense.

You won’t be multiplying your forces with any summoner in M3E. Dreamer is capable 1 Alp/Stitched/Madness Per turn. At best you can add a Daydream to that and with the help of a red joker two alps. 

Then again, that is quite a lot. Think of it like this, each turn you’re basically taking one activation and turning it into three - for every following turn.

Another aspect of dreamers ‘summoning’ is his ability to teleport Chompy from across the table, and his ability to put a nightmare in his place with his bat  .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Ahhh, but if your question is what are the good summons...

Stitched are the priority, insidious madness if you need schemes, getting a daydream with something else is good turn one. Alps are good if you want to save high cards for other actions.

Roughly speaking.

Alps are pretty much the staple summon IMO. They have more board impact than an IM unless you need something to go off and run schemes, and stitched generally take a lot of killing so you won't always be able to summon them. Daydreams are generally something you throw in with another summon unless you just really need a daydream for lead nightmare.

1 hour ago, Regelridderen said:

Dreamer is capable 1 Alp/Stitched/Madness Per turn.

Don't forget about the RJ letting you summon 2.

Summons are always a choice, in general I let the cards decide, the higher the card, the more expensive the summon. I will also prioritize numbers, a daydream might not seem very good on its own, but it is most likely two actions to remove, and as Lucid Dreams kicks in, their attacks become a drain on an opponents, and moving your significant models without the action cost is invaluable.

Daydreams - never a priority, but if you’ve got a high mask, get an extra - if only for having a buried nightmare. 

Alps - a choice, if you’re already engaging an enemy and have other buried Nightmares, as they reduce enemy damage potential, while maximizing their own. 

Downside - they need help.

Stitched - our best tar pit with Df6 and Arm1. And also a fantastic offense with Fiendish Gamble Your Life - a Min3 attack, that won’t drain your hand.

Downside - using Fiendish Gamble reduces your deck thinning. Then again it also ensures, that you can get some high cards back into the deck. 

Insidious Madness - Another nice Tar Pit. But more importantly, they have a WP6 attack, that will bring your other summons into play, and Terrifying 11. They have the potential to absorb a lot of damage and regenerate. And a good choice to save your high rams for. Another important asset is their mobility through Incorporeal and Mv6, as scary as Nightmares can be, as easily they can be outmaneuvered, and this makes a really good case for Madness vs Stitched.

Downside - You want them early, and they’re in serious competition vs Stitched. 

Your best unbury tool is the Dreamers own Your Nightmare. Hand out Adversary, bring in Chompy and unbury a summon, and this will easily cost your opponent one model, while you got an extra. 

I started just summoning Stitched but after several games I think the better play is to hire Madness and summon alps. A buried alp is essentially built in crit strike AND a psuedo onslaught on the Madness or Dreamer or Serena's attacks.  The trick is, you don't really care if the alp lives. If they kill him, they wasted actions taking him out and you are gonna summon in another one to do the job soon enough. I honestly think spending a RJ if its in hand to summon 2 of them in a turn is really good. 

As far as other summons in the game, I like summoning stitched off Widow Weaver, and Wicked Dolls off Vasilisa. WD are underrated models that can cause some havoc. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mrbedlam said:

I started just summoning Stitched but after several games I think the better play is to hire Madness and summon alps. A buried alp is essentially built in crit strike AND a psuedo onslaught on the Madness or Dreamer or Serena's attacks.  The trick is, you don't really care if the alp lives. If they kill him, they wasted actions taking him out and you are gonna summon in another one to do the job soon enough. I honestly think spending a RJ if its in hand to summon 2 of them in a turn is really good. 

As far as other summons in the game, I like summoning stitched off Widow Weaver, and Wicked Dolls off Vasilisa. WD are underrated models that can cause some havoc. 

Summoning stitched is solely Widow's job, among other things (although I do hire 1 stitched to get the LD protection).  1st Turn Dreamer summon is always going to be Alp + Daydream unless I can't get a 12 or better to hand (with double pact this usually works).  RJ is always used to get a pair of alps when it comes around (unless I need it for something else entirely, but that's a very low chance since it's 10 ss of model vs whatever it needs to happen).  Can't say I've needed to summon a madness yet, but that usually because the alps are really good for their cost (I'd say they're underrated).

• Agree 2