Thoughts on Gaining Grounds One?

Mycellanious

I played a game of Symbols with assasinate (both), claim jump, runic binding, leave your mark (pandora), and Let them bleed (Parker). It was Parker vs Pandora ending 7-5 for Parker.  Parker (4 strat, 2 assassinate, 1 bleed) to Pandora (2 strat, 2 assassinate, 1 leave mark).

The strategy was pretty straight forward with Midnight stalker getting free reign of the backfield after escaping Teddy.  Pandora got an easy point on Leave your Mark from being shot by Parker in the center but Parker's crew kept spread to the flanks, shooting in so Pandora's crew spent more time chasing and killing than staying in the center to scheme for the second point. 

The Let them Bleed scheme is actually more difficult to score the first point than expected. By the time Parker got the second highest health model down to half (Serena Bowman), Pandora had been killed, so now it moved to Serena and Candy (who was untouched).  In the end, Parker only got the end game point for hitting everyone but Candy.

I like the new schemes, but this one is definitely trickier than imagined so take heed when it is in the pool. Especially against healer teams.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sol_Sorrowsong said:

The Let them Bleed scheme is actually more difficult to score the first point than expected. By the time Parker got the second highest health model down to half (Serena Bowman), Pandora had been killed, so now it moved to Serena and Candy (who was untouched).  In the end, Parker only got the end game point for hitting everyone but Candy.

Just a note that leaders don't count for Let Them Bleed, so it was always Pandora and Candy.

On 3/9/2020 at 9:23 PM, Maniacal_cackle said:

Just a note that leaders don't count for Let Them Bleed, so it was always Pandora and Candy.

Serena and Candy I think you meant, but good catch! I guess it doesn't double up as well with Assassinate as I thought it did, but still a more difficult scheme than expected.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2020 at 2:32 PM, Angelshard said:

Zoraida can bring first mate into Neverborn and hire Marcus as a second master, who can then command first mate. That's the only thing I can see.

I just found the reason!  ULIX!

Ulix can be dragged by The First Mate, he can Protect into The First Mate, he can "Obey" The First Mate, and The First Mate can benefit from Adversary (Beast) & Ulix's Beast Healing Aura!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
3 hours ago, Strangedane said:

Do we know when a new season of gaining grounds will land?

I am considering buying the customeeple token set for season 1 for my group, but if a new season is around the corner...

If you're anything like me, it'll depend on if you purchase them or not.

If you do, GG2 will be out before they've arrived.

If you don't, GG2 won't happen until next year, unless you decide to change your mind, in which case it'll be released as soon as you've confirmed and paid for your order.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Strangedane said:

Do we know when a new season of gaining grounds will land?

I am considering buying the customeeple token set for season 1 for my group, but if a new season is around the corner...

I would bet they would be land soon. But you can still play GG1 so if you really wanna buy them you should have no problem.

2 hours ago, Morgan Vening said:

If you're anything like me, it'll depend on if you purchase them or not.

If you do, GG2 will be out before they've arrived.

If you don't, GG2 won't happen until next year, unless you decide to change your mind, in which case it'll be released as soon as you've confirmed and paid for your order.

Exactly what I am afraid of 😀

• Like 1