12 AP for Coryphee? How?

RedeemerAZ

Hi!

Ok, step by step:

• The basic activation: Duet has a the dance apart / Dance together mechanic. That allows the duet to be replaced to 2 coryphees (ideally after doing its 2 actions), one of these will be unactivated and the other would be the model activated that will just end its activation. Then the unactivated coryphee activates, dance together and you has another 2 actions with the Duet. That would be 4 actions in total.
  • The mechanical rider: with the 5 suits trigger from its revel may reactivate a model, that would allow the Duet to do the above all again. That's 8 actions in total.
  • Fast and replace: In the replacement rules (step 3) states how conditions are pased around during activations. Basically, you are allowed to put fast into the unactivated coryphee when the duet dance apart after doing 3 actions with the Duet (fast only ends at the end of the activation, but fast will be in the other coryphee so it won't end). This will allow a Duet to get 2 extra actions from fast (1 in each activation) instead of 1; so from 4 actions to 6. However at the end of the second activation fast will end as usual. Combined with the rider this will be 10 actions (6 from the fast and 4 from the non-fast)
  • Double fast: so if you want the 12 actions you'll need to include 2 models able to put fast in the duet (Hoffman, Amina or Cassandra). The full combo will be something like this: Hoffman puts fast, Duet 6 actions, Cassandra copy Hoffman's action and put fast again, Rider activates and reactivates Duet, another 6 actions.

Mind the 12 action combo is quite greedy and require basically every model in the crew supporting the Duet, which is risky. I'd start trying the 8 action combo (just rider) that is quite solid before going all in with fast shenanigans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RedeemerAZ said:

Awesome, I wasnt aware that fast can carry over to the unactivated coryphee after splitting.  You mentioned Cassandra can put fast on Duet, but I dont see how she can do that

Glad to help :)

Cassandra with Upstage may copy tactical actions (even from Masters); she may copy Hoffman/Amina's Overcharge/Walk the line that give fast to the duet. Mind with walk the line you'd need 2 crows (or use SS) for this.

This is also in the other threads, but as it's relevant for this combo I'd point it here:

• Soulstone cache upgrade in the rider allow it to use Revelation trigger in turn 2.
  • The Mobile toolkit is a very cost effective model to buff the duet.