"The most annoying Reckoning Crew Ever" - insane?

RisingPhoenix

Okay, so maybe this isn't original, but the idea is from the Hamlin thread.  And it made me think of the single most annoying Reckoning Crew I could possibly imagine:

• Som'er Teeth Jones,
  • 2x Skeeter
  • George and Olaf
  • Pigapault
  • Taxidermist 
  • 8x Bayou Gremlins

There's exactly three significant models here, but there's almost unlimited ability to dump out stat 5 shots.  On top of that, the Pigapault can relocate the Taxidermist to the backlines to make more explosive pigs and scheme - or can just toss explosive pigs (because boy there's going to be enough Corpse markers lying around, times a dozen).  Som'er can just reload you on bayou gremlins for even more shots, and George and Olaf can give the entire team Focused.  

You have some ability to scheme with summons once the general mass of shooting dies down, and I really don't think your opponent will pack the shockwaves and blasts they need if they don't see this coming.  

I have no idea if this would score any points at all, but you'd certainly make someone unhappy.  "Is that significant?"  "No."  "That?"  "No."  "Okay, that giant mosquito?"  "No."  "That catapault?"  "No."  "What the fuck." 

Edit: If I took it slightly more seriously, you could cut 4 Bayou Gremlins for Big Brain Brin.  He can hand out focused to the Pigapault, heal George and Olaf above Hard to Kill, and in a crew of nothing but Bayou Gremlins is probably impossible to kill.  Plus Som'er can summon four of the Bayou Gremlins at once.  I hear Brin is a good model.

• Haha 3
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, RisingPhoenix said:

Okay, so maybe this isn't original, but the idea is from the Hamlin thread.  And it made me think of the single most annoying Reckoning Crew I could possibly imagine:

• Som'er Teeth Jones,
  • 2x Skeeter
  • George and Olaf
  • Pigapault
  • Taxidermist w/Inferiority Complex
  • 8x Bayou Gremlins

There's exactly three significant models here, but there's almost unlimited ability to dump out stat 5 shots.  On top of that, the Pigapault can relocate the Taxidermist to the backlines to make more explosive pigs and scheme - or can just toss explosive pigs (because boy there's going to be enough Corpse markers lying around, times a dozen).  Som'er can just reload you on bayou gremlins for even more shots, and George and Olaf can give the entire team Focused.  

You have some ability to scheme with summons once the general mass of shooting dies down, and I really don't think your opponent will pack the shockwaves and blasts they need if they don't see this coming.  

I have no idea if this would score any points at all, but you'd certainly make someone unhappy.  "Is that significant?"  "No."  "That?"  "No."  "Okay, that giant mosquito?"  "No."  "That catapault?"  "No."  "What the fuck." 

Good lord, I have to try this! Makes me miss the old version of Drunk and Stupid, where the summoned model also gained Insignificant 😁

1 hour ago, farmoar said:

just be careful. they only need to kill the significant models to score all 4 points for Reckoning

Only gets you 4VP if they can do it before the end of Turn 2 (or at least get one on T2, and then wipe on T3). Because it's not retroactive. If you didn't score Reckoning on Turn 2, you don't go back and add that VP if you did a table wipe of significant models.

Realistically, if you can prevent it from happening until past Turn 3, it's really not going to matter. So'mer on T4, the other two on T5, one or both of the others on T4, Somer on T5, would net you the same two VP. 

And given the crew in the OP has 10SS remaining, I can't see you killing So'mer on T3 without some serious misplays from the opponent.

• 2 weeks later...

I mean this is part of my strategy for reckoning with Somer, but the Pigapult is way extraneous. Much easier to build your standard Somer crew with Lenny and G&O and just flood the board with a wall of Bayous they have to get around, which doing so will always prompt a Pig Eatin' Grin.