New keyword umbra?

belorey

From Wikipedia: A Brocken spectre (German: Brockengespenst), also called Brocken bow or mountain spectre, is the magnified (and apparently enormous) shadow of an observer cast upon clouds opposite the Sun's direction. The figure's head is often surrounded by the halo-like rings of coloured light forming a glory, which appears opposite the Sun's direction when uniformly-sized water droplets in clouds refract and backscatter sunlight.

9 hours ago, TheEmptyRoad said:

So Daeva are Explorer’s Society after all then...hrmmmmm. 

Perhaps.  Perhaps not.  The difference between the Daeva and the Brocken is that the Explorer's Faction symbol was on the Brocken image but missing from the Daeva one.

The Daeva will almost certainly be for an Explorer's Master's Keyword (and probably Umbra), but not necessarily Explorer's themselves.  They could easily be Resser Versatile or something.

smells like ES-Ress dual to me. although Titania smells like dual too, and she's not, so you can't be sure...

Edit: I've just read the wikipedia entry quoted above and I lost my confidence in Umbra being dual keyword. light and dark theme has little to do with death and decay, after all. curious what Umbra's master is going to actually explore. the dark side of things? :P

15 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

Wastrels are thieves,

Apex hunt animals for sport,

Umbra trap spirits against their will,

Frontier are Guild, ew.

..... are we the bad guys?

I may need to delve into the lore more, but I thought that Basse is someone the Guild could you to claim that they are not all evil.  Or however they would try and spin it.

3 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

Wastrels are thieves,

Wastrels are archeologist without research grants, not thieves!

I hope that umbra will be partially Neverborn (cuz they rather can't be TT and be some weird friends with Huggy) as i have obsession with shadow/dark/umbra/void theme, but Tara is meh and dark Theme of Huggy is underused...

42 minutes ago, SerZaka said:

That sell their discoveries to the best bidder (or to the TT for McCabe) instead that put them in a Museum xD

Same thing in archaeology (look at Elgin's Marble, after all he sold them to museum, so if they are the best bidder why not in that case. That's quite sad truth, that most of museum's collections came from basicaly what we could name as robbery) - trust me, i'm archeologist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, SerZaka said:

I just hope that that cloak touches the floor lol

I don't wanna think about a miniature floating supported by two thin chains xD

I used to have lots of problems with this with my ressers.

I've taken up basing and it has really helped. For example Dead Rider has really spindly legs and is only standing on two of them to support the whole model.

So I just have his base covered in severe terrain looking stuff (he is unimpeded), and some of the rocks/rubble just happen to touch key points on his legs to strengthen the model.

• Agree 1