Your greatest Neverborn moments.

Regelridderen

What’s your amazing warstories of the Neverborn. 

I just had a great moment in the weekend. 

Kade Lures in Rusty Alice with a Crow, uses the Slow to push her down a Hill into hazardous terrain for 2x1 damage. Then proceeds to stab her with his knivs and two coordinated attacks from the Teddy behind him, finally healing them both for 2 points. Six actions, a ton of damage and four health healed from a simple Enforcer. 

• Haha 1

M2E - Lilith v. Seamus

Seamus back alley tricks across the board and tried to .50cal Lilith off the board turn 1. I used Graves to Show Ya the Door to Lilith and triggered to Fence post Seamus for disrespecting his lady.  Lilith then proceeded to Greatsword (since she didn't charge, + flips) and cleave Seamus to death. End turn 1.

• Like 2

I had a game recently of Euripides (me) vs The Dreamer.
He tried gamble your life on one of my models, bringing back a 13 for this, and I flipped the red joker 😄
I don't know if that counts as a great neverborn moment, but flipping the only card that would defeat the opponent's is a pretty good feeling!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of moments involving changelings in M2E, the best was when my lucius crew faced Colette, and shoved killjoy deep into swamp terrain along with a single changeling killed him with his own weapon in two very lucky hits. 

Lately Thoon burying zipp for turns 2 and 3 was hilarious (for me) or anytime Euripides teleports into and annihilates a scheming skeeter (even better if its carrying earl burns) 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My NVBN Marcus list has been undefeated for about 5 games now.

Marcus -- Ancient Pact

Jackalope

Sabretooth -- Inhuman Reflexes

Myranda

Marcus and Myranda are sitting back and laughing as the Avatar is creating a beautiful forest for Sabres to hunt in. Myranda is used to scheme as needed and then step in as a Sabretooth when one dies. 

My friends bash Marcus as a NVBN master. I am pretty proud I am making him work!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

24 minutes ago, GremlinDaycare said:

Marcus and Myranda are sitting back and laughing as the Avatar is creating a beautiful forest for Sabres to hunt in. Myranda is used to scheme as needed and then step in as a Sabretooth when one dies. 

I don't get why the Emissary to create those Hungry Land markers. The Cerberus ignore the part of severe, but they still take damage (or am I missing something?)

2 hours ago, GremlinDaycare said:

My NVBN Marcus list has been undefeated for about 5 games now.

Marcus -- Ancient Pact

Jackalope

Myranda

My friends bash Marcus as a NVBN master. I am pretty proud I am making him work!

I don't think Myranda can shapechange into a Sabretooth when in Neverborn.  It says a Minion from the declared faction on the Beast Shape action.

3 hours ago, Chris Rivers said:

I don't think Myranda can shapechange into a Sabretooth when in Neverborn.  It says a Minion from the declared faction on the Beast Shape action.

Can confirm.  Your list is undefeated cause you're playing it wrong lol...

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Yeah, super bizarre. She can hire them, but can't transform into them??

Well she can transform into them when she hires them, because then she will be in an arcanist crew (Marcus has to be the hirer if its neverborn;), but the same isn't true for razorspine rattlers)... But I assume the limitation is there for a similar reason to why Marcus can only hire Cerberus with Inhuman reflexes when he has declared neverborn - game balance and to add a bit more into the choice of faction you use.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Adran said:

Well she can transform into them when she hires them, because then she will be in an arcanist crew (Marcus has to be the hirer if its neverborn;), but the same isn't true for razorspine rattlers)... But I assume the limitation is there for a similar reason to why Marcus can only hire Cerberus with Inhuman reflexes when he has declared neverborn - game balance and to add a bit more into the choice of faction you use.

Yeah, it is just a bit weird. Are there many other models that have their in-game ability influenced by what faction they are?

Toshiro can happily summon Ashigaru even in a Ten Thunders crew, for example.

EDIT: I guess it'd be hard to phrase otherwise. Otherwise arcanists could OOK hire her to get Neverborn beasts, I suppose? That's definitely not intended. They could always have something like "shares a keyword or is part of the declared faction." But changing her to only be able to do Chimera beasts could make a lot of sense and remove the faction bit entirely.

Guess there isn't any clean solution.

22 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Yeah, it is just a bit weird. Are there many other models that have their in-game ability influenced by what faction they are?

Toshiro can happily summon Ashigaru even in a Ten Thunders crew, for example.

I can't think of any others that specify a faction, but there are not a lot of models that can play in more than 1 faction. There are models that have different effects on keyword and non keyword, or friendly/enemy.

I can't speak for future plans, but there are a fair number of beasts in the game already. Allowing Myranda to turn into any of them would be a huge boost of options. And you would need to check if a new neverborn beast was a problem with any arcanist model (as well as those bought in by Mei Feng or Hoffman)  Yes you could word restrictions into which ones she can turn into so she was the same regardless of which faction she is currently playing in.

Skipped my brain! This quarantine must be getting to me! Still happy to be playing the NVBN List even if my friend may be winning that argument right now. The Avatar making a sort of scrummed area is still really nice. : )! I am picking up a rattler to make it less clunky! I am so happy I have this hivemind sort of on call. Second pair of eyes and all that!

@ShinChan it is in a sense making a scrum similar to guild ball tar pit. Sabres seem really cool in the interaction.

@Adran @Maniacal_cackle @Nagi21 @Chris Rivers I wish I could replay the T 4 and 5 of those games. I've had a few illegal replacements but not many. I'm going to continue testing with a back up rattler. 

I guess I should not be inventing in quarantine. haha! I'm going back to my gigantic white board. I still run my painting club for my school in distance learning so I do have Foundry, M&SU, and Marshal on my painting table. I have Amalgam, Big Hat, and Kin. Gremlins are my consistent main. I've been playing at home with new lists off of my shelf, this one included. I am starting to see what my roommate says though about NVBN Marcus. I have many test games ahead of me for this one. 

Thank you guys for your quick updates on this one!

EDIT: Clarifying I am still adjusting this list and I am still trying! I am not deterred : )

• Like 1

You totally should be inventing in quarantine if you have the time to think about the game, but not the oppitunity to play it.

Just accept that when you do get to put some of the things on the table, they may crash and burn. But those ideas that do fly are  worth trying those bad ideas for. And learning why some ideas don't work is a good skill to learn. (I'm a Jonny in MTG terms, love crazy combos that only work in really rare circumstances, but when they do its great. The trick to doing that in Malifaux is making sure the list works even if the crazy combo doesn't work that time).   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Speaking from the NVB side there's a bunch of models that DON'T do what you think they would do based on the fluff and their faction.

Non-terrifying 9 foot tall monsters that are afraid of dead hookers, 2 ruthless models even though we're the faction that slaughtered literally everyone during the first breach, etc.

Just now, Nagi21 said:

Speaking from the NVB side there's a bunch of models that DON'T do what you think they would do based on the fluff and their faction.

Non-terrifying 9 foot tall monsters that are afraid of dead hookers, 2 ruthless models even though we're the faction that slaughtered literally everyone during the first breach, etc.

Sorry, I meant where the model's abilities in game change based on declared faction.

As far as I know, Myranda is the only model who has different abilities based on what faction the crew declared. As a counter example, Neverborn Zoraida hiring Spawn Mother still summons Bayou models.

Plenty of models don't match their fluff.