Sandeep Poison shenanigans?

Da Git

Ok, has anyone tried going for poison themed crew? Poison Gamin actually don't look too bad. They're the only elemental whose Demise does instant damage (& 1 later), so this works very well alongside Banasuva's Mantra as well as Sandeep's Aetheric Detonation (effectively 3dg+1 poison). Combine this with Catalyst and these guys are doing pretty good passive damage. Throw in the Scorpius as well for more shenanigans and Kudra to really pump out the Poison.

Something like this:

Academic (Arcanists)

Size: 50 - Pool: 4

Leader:

Sandeep Desai

Totem(s):

Banasuva

Hires:

Kudra

Kandara

Shastar Vidiya Guard

Magical Training

The Scorpius

Poison Gamin

Wind Gamin

References:

Shackled Elements

Plan is to summon 2 more Poison Gamin first turn and then just cycle through them, blowing them up as needed, along with other gamin if cards allow. Obviously wouldn't be any good in Reconning, but anything else could be fun!

Should have lots of cards from Kandara + Magical Training, good movement tricks with Wind Gamin's Demise/Shastar's Mantra. They can also both run schemes well. I dunno, looks fun! I've always liked the Sikh theme this crew has going on.

• Like 1

Sounds as an interesting crew. I'd like to know how it works in the table.

The raw damage is not as high as with others, but that would be useful as an assassination combo versus crews with lots of SS users, that like to clump or with annoying defenses (think off Dreamer, Colette or BBB as examples of Prime Targets for this). For example, if you manage to put the Scorpious near of the target (moving it or concentrating with a wind gaming) and then with Sandeep summon a Posion Gamin, obey to concentrate (in range of Banasuva) and blow up the Gamin, that's 2 damage plus 2 times the demise so 4 damage and Poison+2 (even 5 and Posion+3 summoning 2 Gamins and obey to concentrate with both) in area and that's the long range combo, in close range that would be 5 (7 damage in the two gaming version) for Fury, and that's damage that's is very hard to prevent and it's not taking in count the extra ping damage of Catalyst and the damage at the end of the turn for Poison. Also Sandeep still has 1 action (using only 1 obey) that may be used to command the Elements to Banasuva/other Gaming to finish the disabled model (or just finish him himself with an Arcane Storm)

For this crew the Scorpius is a very important piece imo; maybe investing a bit more in keeping it safe could pay off; you have 3 choices for this:

• Upgrade (10SS total): Both SS cache and Diesel (if concealment is useful) are good options
  • Mutation (10SS total): Hiring Myranda is as expensive as hiring Scorpius + upgrade; you may add a mutation to her the first turn (Wings, Camo or Platting depending on what you are facing) and shapeshift in turn 2. This my favourite, it also gives the Scorpius extra healing with the shapechange and let you adapt to the game and bring a Sabertooh to the table if you need more guns.
  • Both (12SS total): Myranda with an upgrade, VERY expensive and probably overkill, so I'd stick with one of the 2 above.

Banasuva is also more important than in other crews as you'll be relying in the demise for damage; throwing an SS cache on him and increasing the cache could also help to keep him in the table.

4 hours ago, Ogid said:

Mutation (10SS total): Hiring Myranda is as expensive as hiring Scorpius + upgrade; you may add a mutation to her the first turn (Wings, Camo or Platting depending on what you are facing) and shapeshift in turn 2. This my favourite, it also gives the Scorpius extra healing with the shapechange and let you adapt to the game and bring a Sabertooh to the table if you need more guns.

Completely agree with this. Actually waiting for test this formula + SS cache since start of the year but don t have the good Strat & sheme in my last games...

Seem really interesting and at list: fun ;)

That's a really great idea bringing in Miranda, adding armour plating (or other mutation is well worth the 2ss. Plus the extra Mv and placement from replace, df/Wp6, flexibility of other Beasts, still has poison with her attacks, the extra healing from shape shifting back to Miranda (and immediately being able to shift again). This model is growing on me more and more as I type! 

Now I need some modelling ideas to make her more Indian... Thinking about the new Miranda and turning her into a Naga with the snake Order Initiate and turning her top into more of a sari. 

Also want to turn the poison gamin into Naga. Ideas? Anyone know how to sculpt scales?