First turn Lynch.

Tsinner

Was wondering how you guys use Lynch turn one.Looking for suggestions and feed back.

I myself start off by just rigging the deck then handing out handshakes for brilliance and pushes.. followed up by this rounds on me.

Also if you flip the black joker on an attack that you were going to relent would you technically win that flip ?

4 hours ago, Tsinner said:

Also if you flip the black joker on an attack that you were going to relent would you technically win that flip ?

You decide to relent before flipping. Regardless of the card the attacker then flips and/or cheats, its considered a tie.

Relent rules are on page 10 of the free rules pdf.

I'm not always doing these but if I have to move forward they are fun tricks:

movement shenanigans with Kitty Dumont

1. move a depleted forward and 7'' max form Kitty Dumont

2. activate Kitty Dumont who is placed a little behind Mr. Tannen and make sure you put a very low card first and than a 6+ with rig the deck.

3. use Drawn to Brilliance on the Depleted. So when she moves she passed through Mr Tannen triggering Brilliance Saturation and since you put a low card first you fail with Mr. Tannen giving him a Brilliance which triggers Delirium on himself to push 2''

4.Kitty use Reaching tendrils on a slow model (Mr. Tannen or Lynch) or on Huggy if I want to do an obey rush

5. for her last action I charge the depleted which relent and than cheat a low :mask to draw lots of cards

movement shenanigans with a Beckoner:

1. give her trained Ninja

2. deploy her a little forward so that she's in range of your own models with her lure. try to deploy her somewhere safe!

3. use lure on your own models to move them forward!

4. she's also a nice target for drawn to brilliance from Kitty or depleted

edit: sorry just realised you were asking tips specifically for Lynch in turn 1 so I added another post below on this :P

In turn 1 I like to activate Lynch early and keep everyone within 6:new-Pulse: so I can give lots of brilliance on my own models! after that I will often move forward and charge Kitty Dumont to give her more brilliance to fuel her Lingering Contamination.

I like to keep Lynch a little in the back of my fronline but still within aura range!

Also don't forget once in every activation if a model within 6:aura of Mr. Tannen got a Brilliance it's a free 2'' push for your models or you can push an enemy outside of scoring zone or ping them for 1 dmg!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nikodemus said:

You decide to relent before flipping. Regardless of the card the attacker then flips and/or cheats, its considered a tie.

Relent rules are on page 10 of the free rules pdf.

Interesting.  In my mind "black joker" was always a failed action no matter what.   But re-reading p10 you are correct.

For me the relevance is for when I'm using something like "Toss" on my own models, which doesn't have a TN.  Been using it wrong.

1 hour ago, Bort said:

Interesting.  In my mind "black joker" was always a failed action no matter what.   But re-reading p10 you are correct.

For me the relevance is for when I'm using something like "Toss" on my own models, which doesn't have a TN.  Been using it wrong.

No, black joker is not an automatic fail, and red joker is not an automatic success. I've successfully hit things with a black joker as my card, and missed things with a red joker.

Sure, most of the time scoring 0 on the cards will mean you miss, and scoring 14 will mean you succeed, but not always.

First cluster (if you can) almost everybody so by moving from actions (Lure/tendrils/etc) they will go through the Kitty.

You may start with Beckoners to shot one luring/pushing model forward and one slow model (healer/Tannen/Lynch), build in Reposition is brilliant - abuse it in first round (you may say that this give you 3 move action for the price of 2 actions).

You may start also with the Graves with lead the way to push 3 models for 4" (two targets (Beckoners/Kitty) and Graves).

If you don't expect fight in turn one you may use as first activation Huggy to obey Beckoners to give them a headstart (or give them trained ninja) to lure the rest of the crew.

Probably next activated model will be Kitty to use tendrils on two models and push herself thanks to her zero action (again 3 models goes forward unactivated).

Always remember to (ab)use Tannen's aura aka free +2" push each activation by moving/pushing everyone through Kitty (by failing duels thanks to the rig the deck) and in some moment from Lynch's charge to shake hands with somebody from the crew by using low mask to move himself a bit. Those 2" gives a lot for mv4 models like Lynch or Tannen.

10 hours ago, Cursed25 said:

In turn 1 I like to activate Lynch early and keep everyone within 6:new-Pulse: so I can give lots of brilliance on my own models! after that I will often move forward and charge Kitty Dumont to give her more brilliance to fuel her Lingering Contamination.

Lynch can place Huggy from the back by shooting someone from the crew for weak damage and any tome card (damage will be mitigated by some ook healer, or Lynch or by shooting at Illuminated) so i usually prefer to activate him later to give Huggy additional movement so he can easy catch up with the rest after obeying the crew, or threaten somebody in first turn if anyone will be in range.

I've not used Kitty at all yet..I'm not one to proxy ,also have no suitable model to which to do it.

I like starting with Lynch turn one and rigging my deck with low cards for the handshake and possible push.

Might try the stealth on Beckoners trick, seems legit. I wonder if Kitty will be in the new Lynch box?

1 hour ago, Tsinner said:

I've not used Kitty at all yet..I'm not one to proxy ,also have no suitable model to which to do it.

I like starting with Lynch turn one and rigging my deck with low cards for the handshake and possible push.

Might try the stealth on Beckoners trick, seems legit. I wonder if Kitty will be in the new Lynch box?

I think so.  Kirai has the master , 1 50mm Totem , 1 Henchman and 3 other 30mm models . So a box with Lynch , Huggy, Kitty and 3 Illuminated could be possible.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, BoneHeart said:

What do you guys use to model Kitty right now? I was thinking about using a 2e Lilith model painted up as a spirit, maybe getting her a mask or something.

Post pics! I'd like to see some solutions:) unfortunately google did not yield anything in this regard.

I'm using my Chiaki model! She looks ''spirity'' with the energy at her feet! she doesn't look at all like the image we got but it's a good proxy for me and my oppponents until we can buy the real model! 🙂

• 1 month later...

I used a M2E Arcanist Performer in my Zoraida crew back when she could hire in models with 4 or less WP as mercenaries...

...since M3E came out, this blue-dressed performer has worked well as a Serena Bowman, Kitty Dumont, and Gwyneth Maddox when it's not busy being an extra Beckoner.

Until the actual model comes out, I've never been one to put too much work into a proxy.

On 2/27/2020 at 3:29 PM, BoneHeart said:

What do you guys use to model Kitty right now? I was thinking about using a 2e Lilith model painted up as a spirit, maybe getting her a mask or something.

Post pics! I'd like to see some solutions:) unfortunately google did not yield anything in this regard.

I would say Margaret Belle from the Other Side would be an excellent proxy. Especially when the dagger is swapped for bottle. 🙂