Marcus?!?

Mxbedlam

Sorry if I missed it, but I haven't seen much discussion on how easy it is to hit for 6 (+1 with IR in this crew)?

Cojo can easily hit for six by getting two positives to the damage flip (focus, charge through, puncture from card or discard an upgrade). Or can burst for 12-14 in the godlike scenario, even against henchmen or hard to wound.

Myranda can shapeshift into a Rougarou as soon as you see a high mask or ram in your hand and do a similar trick.

The potential to just burst for 7 damage in multiple ways just screams "respect my crew's damage potential or die."

Does anyone abuse this? With the huge card draw in the crew it seems like something that can be abused?

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

For reference, this is the 'starter' list I want to try.

_20210601_000127.JPG

It was something I did in GG1. It was really strong when you could use Mark Territory to give Cojo 4 Focus Turn 1. 

Obviously it is still good and it is a great reason to take Cojo against Ressers. He can rather reliably one-round something like Archie. 

This type of approach however tends to leave you a bit AP hungry; it is a powerful combo but it's kind of like a haymaker that can leave you overextended if you whiff

• Thanks 1

those high damage maneuvers put high presure on your hand.  making your turn less flexible.

i do enjoy more the order initiated min 2+ 2(trigger) +1 stampede. landing two of those in a single activation. 

a normal setup is having 2 initiated with2 upgrades each. activate marcus to ugrade one of them. move forward and charge with the one with 3 upgrades.

then acomplice with the other. it charges. ends at 2” of the first one. discard both upgrades to do 2atacks with chimera strike then get a new upgrade for free(a defensive one).

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello again,

After several weeks without Malifaux and a Little affair with Jedza i made ist back to NVB Marcus yesterday. I had a Match against McCabe and his Environment destroyers. We played:

breake the line (wedge), spread them out, assassinate, claim jump, outflank, death beds.

i played 

New Marcus Crew (Neverborn)
Size: 50 - Pool: 5
Leader:
  Marcus
Totem(s):
  Jackalope
Hires:
  Myranda
  Grootslang
  Sabertooth Cerberus
  Order Initiate
    Inhuman Reflexes
  Will o' the Wisp
    Ancient Pact
  Will o' the Wisp 2
    Ancient Pact

against:

McCabe, Luna, Sidir, huckster, cryptologist, rough Rider, ruffian, ruffian2, lone swordsman 

i was worried that my wisps and the cat would die early because of his very mobility so i played it slow. I took outflank and death beds (lair Marker). 
the initiate once again did a huge amount of damage and singlehandedly killed the lone swordsman and the cryptologist. The death beds were a test cause I never tried this scheme so far. Therefor I made a mistake with the end condition for the markers have to be on the enemy table half which I forgot. So I didn’t manage to score both points. The strat went very easily as groot and the cat were able to push a marker twice in one activation more than once. 

and then again it was like most of my games with Marcus: i easily score fast and put pressure on the opponent, manage to kill 1-2 models and then start to struggle to get the thing done because the opponent kills my crew too easy while I try denying him VP... in the end I won 6:5. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Nice work on pulling off the win!

How long did the wisps end up living? I always worry about putting ancient pact on them as I use them as sacrificial pieces, but I imagine they can be pretty good at living if they avoid the fight - but then were they accomplishing much?

Thanks. One wisp died round 3 or 4 and the other survived the game.

The survivor scored the second vp of death beds since the lairs were there for the whole game and wisp just had to do dubble scheme markers. Easy work. and he handed out distracted through shimmering lights. 
the one that died saved the initiate after he killed the lone swordsman and lured him into healing range of Myranda... 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2021 at 12:24 PM, Maniacal_cackle said:

Nice work on pulling off the win!

How long did the wisps end up living? I always worry about putting ancient pact on them as I use them as sacrificial pieces, but I imagine they can be pretty good at living if they avoid the fight - but then were they accomplishing much?

Are 2 initiates better AP carrier in your opinion? I love the initiate with IR soooo much, I Never tried em with AP...

11 hours ago, extremor said:

Are 2 initiates better AP carrier in your opinion? I love the initiate with IR soooo much, I Never tried em with AP...

I've moved away from 2 initiaties as I have gotten better with card management for the crew.

Where possible, one initiate with AP and then one AP on like Marcus is often what I do. Though in this last game, I had two AP on two Mature Nephilim xD