Hoffman ... in Guild

Bort

I've been toying a bit with the App to get a feel of some crews GUI Hoffman can do and there are some lists and models that looks really interesting.

Hunter with No Prisioners. Pricy but seems super good. With something that gives shielded to other models (like a lawyer) to reposition the models of the crew (like pushing forward the Peacekeeper or Hoffman 6''), this charge + Harpoon gun may also be used to Harass and Lure models into the bubble . It combines well with Obeys (Joss or the lawyer) to make the Hunter charge again to get the perfect placement before another Harpoon. And on top of that the clockwork grenade may be nice to get some extra damage and trigger On the Prowl and Assasin.

The support models from archanist (toolkit/automaton) may be good enablers of guild models (for example, the squishy Agent 46 would be much more safe fighting near of a Guardian and the Medical Automaton).

Lawyers and Pathfinders seems great with this crew.

Warden with No Prisioners also seems good, that Slow attack with a 8+5(+2) range can punish model while being safe.

Melissa with Marksman. Both Expert Shot and Armor Piercing seems so good with her.

Phiona LLC: LLC is very good to take the hit in a model that cannot be moved, with Armor 2, df6 and able to use SS. And on top of that Bring it to lure things into the crew (move forward other models) and take the hit to get his Wds low enought to activate the grit. Awesome model for the crew.

Some theoryfaux lists that catched my eye:

• Hoffman, Attendant, Melissa (EM), Peacekeeper/Rider, Lawyer, Pathfinder, Hunter (NP), Toolkit, 3/2SS.

NP Hunter with Laywer (shielded) to reposition models early, to "Lure" models into the Peacekeeper/traps or to run schemes. The pathfinder also helps to move forward the crew, has a decent gun and may summon traps (constructs). Melissa with EM to be able to shot to models engaged with the Peacekeepr or the Hunter.  The Lawyer may give each turn Shielded+2 to 2 models, get good cards from the discard pile (or Tomes to summon traps) and with some luck obey something.

• Hoffman, Attendant, Pale Rider, Phiona (LLC), Howard (LLC), Steward, Toolkit, 6SS.

Very tanky line up able to defend the well the rider and Howard (heals, take the hit, I've got your back...), heal and give a lot of Focused with some decent mobility (bring it, ride with me) on top of it.

• Hoffman, Attendant, Melissa (EM), Pale Rider (LLC), Hunter (NP), Hunter (NP), Steward, 1SS.

3 tanky models with Run and Gun and 1 with Ride with me to darting around, basically fat Parker crew. The rider may save tokens to use devastation later in the game, or use any of the other triggers to support the crew early if needed. Hunters may position models into the radio of Devastation. Not sure how this would work, but seems fun on paper.

There are other fun concepts, but not sure how good in the table. Like a list with 2 Pathfinder (and probably a lawyer to get tomes more or less reliabily) spamming traps and Hoffman in god mode getting power out of all those traps XDD

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Bort said:

Hmm, I missed/forgot that they are "living/undead" restricted.  :( 

Back in Closed Beta the Riotbreakers had a built in ability with similar wording to "Laugh Off"  (has since been replaced with "Unyielding".)

Either way, it was a great help against Lure and other move shenanigans my opponent tried to use.   So LLC definitely has its uses beyond the extra armor.

Stopping resistance triggers etc. from pushing you away is useful.

Definitely, and in any other keyword its a great pick.  I'm just not sure Augmented is the best place for it!

14 hours ago, theamazingmrg said:

Is LLC that useful for Guild Hoff?  Only* Hoff, Joss, Howard, and the Steamfitters can take it, and Joss and Howard are pretty much self-sufficient from Turn 2 onwards so don't rely on the Hoffball quite the same.

The other parts of the upgrade are good, but upgrading Armor+1 to Armor+2 is a big deal. It's maybe a bit overkill in Hoffman and Joss but very good in Howard and Phiona, plus Hoffman may also hire other living/undead model that may benefice from it.