Somer and a field of bodies

Takoa

So, I can't find anything that counters this idea, but with Somer's ability to mass summon Bayou Gremlins, and then immediately kill them off with "Make Me Proud, Boys", you have an impressive corpse marker generation. I was wondering if Bayou had a way to utilize this, but other than arranging things in a way to have Gluttony's  "Maddening Drums", or Taxidermists maybe, I couldn't think of anything.

However, I'm also not a big Bayou player, so maybe y'all had ideas.

2 hours ago, Takoa said:

So, I can't find anything that counters this idea, but with Somer's ability to mass summon Bayou Gremlins, and then immediately kill them off with "Make Me Proud, Boys", you have an impressive corpse marker generation. I was wondering if Bayou had a way to utilize this, but other than arranging things in a way to have Gluttony's  "Maddening Drums", or Taxidermists maybe, I couldn't think of anything.

However, I'm also not a big Bayou player, so maybe y'all had ideas.

According to the App, the following models can utilize Corpses (I didn't count stuff like Delicious Bacon)

Akaname - eat for +3 Poison (helps with the regen, but ehh)
Alphonse - Hurl Corpse ammunition.
Earl Burns - card draw.
Gluttony - Grim Feast heal.
Hog Whisperer - MORE SUMMONS! Piglets!
LaCroix Raider - card draw.
McTavish - Gator Snack, which is nice, but so random that meh.
Old Cranky - 50/50 chance of a SoulStone.
Slop Hauler - MORE SUMMONS! Piglets!
Taxidermist - MORE SUMMONS! Stuffed/Flying Piglets!
The Sow - MORE SUMMONS! Piglets!
Wong - Launch Into Space projectiles.

Having So'mer as Leader, means capitalizing on Piglets is expensive (unless you're just using them as more cannon fodder), cause you'ld need to spend for the Whisperer/Hauler/Sow AND Ulix. You can't really do it in reverse, as unless you're using So'mer just for generating Corpses (summon 2, blow up 2, end activation), the Plentiful on the Upgrade interferes (as you still need to attach the Upgrade to summon, before removing it). And if you're using So'mer for that, you can just have cheap models drop Scheme Markers for the same effect.

Same with Wong, it's just too expensive to capitalize.

Alphonse could be fun, but needing the Mask to make it more than meh on a model of that cost is pretty ordinary.

Card Draw is fine but So'mer handles that well enough, and getting Earl into the crew is expensive, and LaCroix Raiders aren't something I'd argue are necessary for a So'mer crew.

2 hours ago, Takoa said:

Yeah, honestly, Gluttony's Maddening Drums targets "marker", so that probably is the best use. Summon the guys near the target, get your damage from make me proud, place corpse markers right up against target, gluttony drums to take.. 8 damage?

Dang, I only considered "Corpse" in my search (cause I'm quite daft).

In that case, you could probably get a little more use out of Wrastlers and Mancha, giving them essentially Inj+1 on their melee attacks, if there are plenty of Corpse Markers in the area for them to whack people with.

1 hour ago, Takoa said:

Is it bad I'm now picturing a tag match of Sommer and Zipp, where Sommer is just sneakily handing Zipp's wrestling crew chairs throughout a match, while WWE announcers are losing their shit.

off topic, but reminds me of a bloodbowl game I played ages ago. Before the game started some random roll decided an audience member would throw a rock and attack one of my guys, rolled boxed cars on the damage and before the game started my bull centraur was killed. After the half time I got the same result on the dice and once again the audience member throw a rock at the corpse of my poor bull centraur. End of the game the random roll of the MVP for that match was my bull centraur that had 0 actual play time on the field. 

1 hour ago, wizuriel said:

off topic, but reminds me of a bloodbowl game I played ages ago. Before the game started some random roll decided an audience member would throw a rock and attack one of my guys, rolled boxed cars on the damage and before the game started my bull centraur was killed. After the half time I got the same result on the dice and once again the audience member throw a rock at the corpse of my poor bull centraur. End of the game the random roll of the MVP for that match was my bull centraur that had 0 actual play time on the field. 

Just lost my Rotspawn a few months ago to the same thing. RIP Mr. Wiggles... 

I actually noticed this myself, was planning on running Somer with Gluttony and 2 Criers. The ability to push Gluttony around with For Whom the Bell Tolls for Grim Feast is nice, barely has to spend time walking. The neg to WP duels is brutal too, for all the Lures. And even if they "kill" a crier, Somer blows the new gremlin up, Promotes another, and sends it back in. And now there's another Corpse.

On 2/14/2020 at 2:12 PM, SAYNE said:

I actually noticed this myself, was planning on running Somer with Gluttony and 2 Criers. The ability to push Gluttony around with For Whom the Bell Tolls for Grim Feast is nice, barely has to spend time walking. The neg to WP duels is brutal too, for all the Lures. And even if they "kill" a crier, Somer blows the new gremlin up, Promotes another, and sends it back in. And now there's another Corpse.

Part of the reason I will stand by that Somer is the best master in the game.