Master Ranks by Strategy Survey - Arcanists

Khyodee

I think "very poor" is a bit harsh, especially without any alternative offered. In theory, if enough people respond, the kinks of two masters being roughly equal should work out. On top of that, this is hardly going to gospel fact, and mostly good as an indication on player perceptions more than anything else. Which is exactly the stated missions statement "peoples popular opinion on where the masters fall". Opinions and biases are a thing, and to find out the common popular opinion you don't need people to have perfect knowledge of every master, you need them to have something everyone on these forums seems to have, an opinion.

The main problem with this approach is masters aren't ranked in relation of how good they are at one strategy, but in relation to how other masters perform in that strategy. This approach needs that most players doing the survey have a good knowledge of the entire faction to get consistent results and make ranking masters that are good in one strategy akward. I think it'd be more useful ranking just Master and Strategy, being able to pick several masters as very good or bad at one particular strategy.

This approach also make harder (and require knowledge of a faction) to read the results. For example: If a lot of masters in a faction are very good at reckoning and in other faction only 2 are, then the nº5 in one faction at Reckoning may be terrible at it while in the other faction that same position may be a legit pick.

But anyway, looking forward to see the results.

• 2 weeks later...

I confirm it's a wrong tool to probe the argument.

I opened the page to see the results and I looked for it at the bottom of the page. Most probably I clicked on the wrong button and the website took my "votes" (even if I didn't modify nothing on the page, so didn't enter any preferences). Now the site tells me I already voted, so can't neither correct the mistake...

I fear the results will not to be trusted, unfortunately....

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, SunTsu said:

I confirm it's a wrong tool to probe the argument.

I opened the page to see the results and I looked for it at the bottom of the page. Most probably I clicked on the wrong button and the website took my "votes" (even if I didn't modify nothing on the page, so didn't enter any preferences). Now the site tells me I already voted, so can't neither correct the mistake...

I fear the results will not to be trusted, unfortunately....

I had the same issue.