2020 Monthly Painting Challenge - February

Caedrus

Hey there!

For February I'll keep on painting my Resus, adding some friends for Von Schtook to play with. 

* Necropunks x 2: 10 SS. These little fellows are amazing as scheme runners, so jump in! 

* Sloth: 7 SS. He's the Valedictorian best friend, tossing away fasts as if they were free.

* Asura Roten: 8 SS. I'm not sure I like this model, I'll use the two zombis included as mindless zombies and have her alone in her 50" base. 

* Bete Noire: 8 SS. She loves Asura and her zombies, so she makes it to the list. 

* Mindless zombies x 2: 4 SS. The two zombies included with Asura.

For a total of 37 SS.

• Like 1

Greetings all! This month I'll be carrying on with my Nightmare pledge from January. 

Chompy (almost done) 3x Alps, 3x Daydream, Coppelius and a Doppleganger

Not sure how many I'll get done as I have a pretty busy month, so I'll start with Chompy and the Doppleganger to cover my 16 stones and anything else will be a bonus

• Like 1

All base colours done, and much, much happier with the results. Flames and knee pads still need some base but that will come much later. I still haven't decided if I want a hot flame (so mostly blue and white, or a cold flame so mostly yellow-red). And knee pads will be metallics.

20-02-05_skin_base.thumb.jpg.590384cf08d6017344639c08f7a0f700.jpg

• Like 2

@Barbercat I can't see any images. Links don't seem to work.

______

So here's first night's progress on Silent Knight:

pic5218915.jpg

This session was mainly focused on the wooden armour. Lots of drybrushing and washing on it. In reality the legs aren't quite that dark looking. I'll try to get a more accurate photo once it's all done. Going for a clean black base since friend this is going to prefers it that way. Next session will probably be metallics.

Best of luck with everybody's work.

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Caedrus said:

@Nikodemus: Perfect choice of ink, right there. Love the Inktense range. That's what I plan to use!

Brown on the wood is 3:1 brown wash (Army Painter) to Inktense Chesnut. Mixing ink into wash gave it a lot more oomph, and chesnut has a lovely redbrown look I wanted. All of this went over a light, desaturated brown.

I've got the Vallejo Game Ink set as well and it's quite good too. Exact colour tones mostly differ from the inktense range so I can justify having both. Sort of :P

On 2/5/2020 at 10:31 PM, Antinea said:

All base colours done, and much, much happier with the results. Flames and knee pads still need some base but that will come much later. I still haven't decided if I want a hot flame (so mostly blue and white, or a cold flame so mostly yellow-red). And knee pads will be metallics.

I know what you mean by "blue flame = hot" but that goes against colour warmth. If you want to paint a warm looking flame, then do it 'white-yellow-orange-red-black', if you want it cold do it 'white-bright blue-blue-dark blue-black'.

It seems like you're painting somewhat in a sketch style kind of way. Please post regular updates, I'm curios to follow your progress with such a colourful (base) scheme!

On 2/11/2020 at 3:32 AM, Harlekin said:

First miniatures finished for February. And I finally decided what I will do with the Rezzer bases. 

Philip and the Nanny - 8 Stones 

So, at least 3 Stones more to go for February - should be no problem. 

One plea I can not bear to hold back: Please wash the leavelitter! Right now it looks like what it is: cut out paper. The base structure is simple but effective, go for it. Just please blackline the cracks between the stones, right now it's more like a uniform grey surface. The extremely desaturated colour scheme fits Ressers quite well imho, although I'm curios to see how it pans out for a whole crew on the table. I'm painting my first Malifaux crew atm (von Schtook) and I went for desaturated colours as well, but the Glazes ended up to be more colourful than I anticipated, but I'm actually fine with that. But I'm interested to see a crew that's actually quite close to what I originally had in mind.

• Thanks 1

Chugging along with more wastrel models this month Got 2 more hucksters and desper for a running total of 20 so far for the month and means I'm done with that boxset.  5jk1v06.jpg

Hoping to get his nightmare wheels painted too (not that I can use em... They're just cool as heck models), but we'll see how the rest of the month goes.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Polar43 said:

progress on 2 bbs. I know i can highlight more but im going to be honest, i really have not enjoyed these models...I dont know why as I love all the other minis in keyword but I am just not feeling these. Maybe Ill just base them and be done

I like the look of those models. Reminds me of Dark Souls. But yea if it isn't making you happy, might be best to just shortcut to 'finished'. They're quite pretty to look at as is.

9 hours ago, Polar43 said:

progress on 2 bbs. I know i can highlight more but im going to be honest, i really have not enjoyed these models...I dont know why as I love all the other minis in keyword but I am just not feeling these. Maybe Ill just base them and be done

rIIS8kU.jpg?1

19VjTKa.jpg?1

Personally, I’d do a final highlight on the skirts (?) and be done with them. I think the rest of the models look finished. You can always keep highlighting more and more but honestly, I think they look great! 

• Like 1