Daeva?

TheEmptyRoad

Is there any basis to think they are adding models to factions that haven't been announced?

Aversion and Lyssa are new, but still got cards. There is also the theory that Asylum and Half-Blood are going to be ES keywords.

So it seems reasonable to assume new models will (probably) be ES, as models for existing factions that were new have already been announced mostly.

Could be totally off base.

My belief is that Explorers will be released in August. Going off the previous 2 editions release plans, it is certainly possible that the existing factions will get new models, but if they are releasing 6 new crews and all the support for the faction, then that might not leave a lot of space for releases for existing factions. Its more likely that some Explorers faction models will work with existing keywords in that case.

The only other time they released a new faction mid edition it came with duel faction models so that the existing factions still got new toys.

Its certainly the case that they have to add models to the game, or stop making money. There are 2 ways, by introducing new factions, and expanding existing factions. Wyrd has done a bit of both over the years, but a lot more on expanding existing factions than introducing new factions.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Adran said:

My belief is that Explorers will be released in August

I don't think so. In a Guild thread a guy shared a link to and online store where , for some reason, there are the upcoming Releases from March to June . The boxes of Kirai , Misaki , Wong , Leveticus and Molly where there . 5 in 4 months. 

Ophelia, Von Schill, McMourning, Hoffmann, Zoraida , Nekima , Yan Lo and Lynch are still missing. If they continue along this path 8 more months from June are required to release just the M2E stuff (with the new looks). 

In my opinion the Explorers are a thing for the next year

14 minutes ago, Ming said:

When were Gremlins as separate faction added to the game?

The edition change from 1st to 2nd, so as M2 came out Gremlins were a fully formed faction. (All be it with a lot of new sculpts to be made)

7 minutes ago, SerZaka said:

I don't think so. In a Guild thread a guy shared a link to and online store where , for some reason, there are the upcoming Releases from March to June . The boxes of Kirai , Misaki , Wong , Leveticus and Molly where there . 5 in 4 months. 

I'm basing my view on the expectation that the rules will eb released at Gen con, which has been the model for Wyrd rules for the past 10 years, although not last year, when the rules were a month before hand. I wouldn't be too surprised for them to have not re-released everything before they start doing new releases, though. It may be wrong,

6 hours ago, Sweet Tooth said:

A Bell of Lost Souls article. There's a Beasts of War one that says the same. What there isn't is a Wyrd announcement confirming it.

There's definitely an assumption that these models will be Explorer's Society, and they may well be, but there's no actual confirmation from Wyrd that I can find. So I really wouldn't be surprised to find them in another faction but sharing a Keyword with an ES Master. The other way round (ES models sharing a Keyword with another faction) is certainly possible, but doesn't give existing players the same reason to go out an buy them as models for their preferred faction would (in other words, would a Resser player go and buy an Explorer Master just to play these models, or would they buy Resser models they can use in that faction regardless of the ES connection?)

Obviously we'll find out for sure when we get more info.

What i suspect is that when Wyrd release the Explorers League, most of the Masters will be Dual Faction with Explorers and something else.  So DF Explorers with either Arcanist, Resser, Neverborn, Outcast or Bayou. Then there'd be one with one pure Explorers master (bringing the factions master total to 8), and then a pure Guild and pure Ten Thunders Master to bring their Master totals up to 8 as well. It's what they did when 10T were released, and it seemed like a pretty good way to introduce a new faction without the others being completely left out. 

As for when, precedent dictates that they'll have a new Malifaux book for the Explorers League out for Gencon 2020. But that's certainly not a guarantee. Maybe this year they'll focus on The Other Side instead, to give it a proper relaunch (i hope!)? 

• Respectfully Disagree 1

17 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

With the amount of dual Masters they cut out of Ten Thunders, who did the exact same thing in 2nd edition, I doubt they'll make that same mistake again.

Was it really a "mistake" though? My impression was that it was a pretty successful way of introducing a new faction without neglecting the others. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

19 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

With the amount of dual Masters they cut out of Ten Thunders, who did the exact same thing in 2nd edition, I doubt they'll make that same mistake again.

Prehaps you're thinking backwards. They may have cut the number of Ten thunder duel faction BECAUSE they wanted to do it again.  I'm sure time will tell, but I'm not sure that I would describe the last attempt as a mistake. (And Ten thunders came in in first edition, so they stayed largely the same faction for an entire edition)

• Agree 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...