Moving terrain markers unclear rule text

SunTsu

Question

As I wrote in the title, I found an unclear text in the lower left box about "Moving terrain markers" at page 36 of the rulebook.

The sentence is:

When other Terrain Markers move into base contact with a model or other object, their movement is not stopped by the object.

I can't understand exactly what does it mean.

Well, I understand what it means in english, but I fail to understand how it applies to the rules...

Let me explain: this sentence says that when a terrain marker is moved in btb with a model (or other marker/terrain/etc), the moving terrain marker is not stopped by the object it is moving toward. But this seems a nonsense since we know that if that marker is moving toward another object until it will be in btb, the marker itself will stop moving as soon as it reaches the target object. So why it needs a specification that the target object don't stop the moving marker, if the marker would stop anyway once reached the object???

Thanks for your support.

P.S.: I need understand it in order to make a correct translation of the paragraph.

6 answers to this question

Markers are moved by a plenty of game effects and in many different ways.

For example, Kaeris can use Fan The Flames to push a Pyre Marker 4" in any direction. Pyre Markers are terrain markers, because they have Hazardous terrain trait. According to this rule Kaeris can push a Pyre Marker 4" through models and other objects.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, SunTsu said:

this sentence says that when a terrain marker is moved in btb with a model (or other marker/terrain/etc), the moving terrain marker is not stopped by the object it is moving toward. But this seems a nonsense since we know that if that marker is moving toward another object until it will be in btb, the marker itself will stop moving as soon as it reaches the target object. So why it needs a specification that the target object don't stop the moving marker, if the marker would stop anyway once reached the object?

sentence you've quoted says nothing about "moving towards", it's - as far as I can tell without the whole context - about movement in general. so it applies to the situation when you have to move terrain marker through something.

Ooook.....

So the part that let me missunderstand is when it says "When other Terrain Markers move into base contact with a model or other object". As written it seems that this rules applies only if a marker is moved so to arrive in btb to a model/object. Now I understood however (even if I think there were some cleaner way to write it, afterall... ^_^).

Thanks again for your support. ;)

This is specified and specific wording because when creating markers they can only be created in base to base with the model that created it and no other models.  Since it’s a create not a drop the model can’t drop it around themselves like a bandersnatch can drop a web terrain marker around itslef.  I wonder if moving vs pushing a marker like this can climb climbable terrain?  Titania’s whole schtick is creating 3+ underbrush markers then moving them so they overlap.  She makes a sharknado of hazardous terrain in the center of the board.

edit: center of board I mean just wherever there is terrain markers to move

9 hours ago, goth said:

This is specified and specific wording because when creating markers they can only be created in base to base with the model that created it and no other models.  Since it’s a create not a drop the model can’t drop it around themselves like a bandersnatch can drop a web terrain marker around itslef.  I wonder if moving vs pushing a marker like this can climb climbable terrain?  Titania’s whole schtick is creating 3+ underbrush markers then moving them so they overlap.  She makes a sharknado of hazardous terrain in the center of the board.

edit: center of board I mean just wherever there is terrain markers to move

I think you misunderstood the question, its not about dropping or creating markers. But in answer to the moving a marker over terrain, the marker ends up on top of the terrain for rules purposes.