Second Master after Levi

Jafar

IMPORTANT: This topic is not about 2 masters lists, but second master that can cover all holes (schemes, strategies, counters, etc.) that Levi has.

Long story short, I participated in local tournament. Levi was good quite good, I was matched with some top players ;) But I saw that there are some strategies / counter that my crew was not perfect for (I am looking at you Shenlong with upgrade that ignores demise). So I started thinking what could be other master to cover it. I had two picks:
- Parker
- Tara

I think that Levi goes well into killy schemes, thanks to Necropunks he can take care or some scheming as well. Parker can help with scheme markers and has card draws, mobility, shooty game. Tara is summoner, so can fit into any scheme where summoner can fit ;) 

What do you think? Do you have other choices?

Parker is always good for Interact and marker heavy schemepool. He can both score and deny plus he can kill.

Tara is a board control master and needs a good planning. She offers unique opportunities with her mechanics.

Zipp is the most mobile master with a lot of denying abilities.

Schill offers versatility like a Swiss army knife.

Hamelin can be very interesting, too. But needs learning. Also, he has Demise, too.

Viks are more situational nowdays. They are more about mobility than just killing.

Part of the problem with your question is you seem to be reacting to counters- which, unless you are always going to face Shenlong when your opponent declares Ten Thunders, you are into some kind of bluffing game (depending on how well you know your opponent).

What are the circumstances where you struggle with Levi?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Levi and Tara are probably the best masters in faction (maybe Zipp too, but why play him in outcasts?).

Levi's keyword is filled with amazing models like Rusty, A&D and Necropunks and Levi counters so many things by having irreducible attacks.

Tara + Aionus can dominate Corrupted Idols like nobody else by spamming pass tokens and she has so much AP + mobility that she can easily get VP on her own.

Although they are both countered heavily by certain factions (Tara into guild and Levi into thunders/ressurs) you might be cover all of your bases using Levi for guild and Tara for Thunders/Ressurs (although Tara struggles with Kirai, who doesn't?).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, LexLock said:

Levi and Tara are probably the best masters in faction (maybe Zipp too, but why play him in outcasts?).

Levi's keyword is filled with amazing models like Rusty, A&D and Necropunks and Levi counters so many things by having irreducible attacks.

Tara + Aionus can dominate Corrupted Idols like nobody else by spamming pass tokens and she has so much AP + mobility that she can easily get VP on her own.

Although they are both countered heavily by certain factions (Tara into guild and Levi into thunders/ressurs) you might be cover all of your bases using Levi for guild and Tara for Thunders/Ressurs (although Tara struggles with Kirai, who doesn't?).

Tara and Levi are my to main masters in Outcasts, I love how both play and also that they play so vastly different to each other.

You are completely right about the hard counters to them though :( so they are rather hard to play into those factions.

if you are only going to pick up 2 masters (yeah right) they are a good two to have.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Zebo said:

Not sure which are the hard counters to Leveticus. Do you mean any anti-demise tech? 

Yeah, my first game of Leve VS Ressers he brought Manos and co. in Transmortis and a bad time was had by all 😛
Mostly to blame is my inexperience at facing Ressers - will definitely play that game different in future.

2 hours ago, Zebo said:

Not sure which are the hard counters to Leveticus. Do you mean any anti-demise tech? 

Actually, anti-heal auras work pretty well, too. They turn off all amalgam demises as well as all heals, ruinous repairs, essence transfers etc.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/20/2020 at 12:03 PM, Adran said:

Part of the problem with your question is you seem to be reacting to counters- which, unless you are always going to face Shenlong when your opponent declares Ten Thunders, you are into some kind of bluffing game (depending on how well you know your opponent).

What are the circumstances where you struggle with Levi?

In my local meta, players usually play 2/3 masters. And currently for example I am 90% sure that TT player will take Shenlong ;) so that's one point 

With Levi I struggle a little in some scheme pools (usually 2x necropunk and Stalker can fix it) but I am looking for more schemes and/or AP oriented crew. Parker and Tara fit it and both have different play style than levi.

To all others that wrote here, great answers, let's see what more can be decided. 

Still not completely sure of when you struggle with Levi.

Do you struggle vs shenlong regardless of the game, and also struggle with games where you need a lot of movement and interactions?

Are the thunder lists heavily teched to defeat Levi? ( if so one option is to build a very different Levi list, not based on death and rebirth). 

Parker is good at denying enemies, rather than scoring your scheme (although drawing their attention can be good for some extra actions if you're already in the right place, and run and gun keeps them efficient whilst moving). 

3 hours ago, Jafar said:

In my local meta, players usually play 2/3 masters. And currently for example I am 90% sure that TT player will take Shenlong ;) so that's one point 

With Levi I struggle a little in some scheme pools (usually 2x necropunk and Stalker can fix it) but I am looking for more schemes and/or AP oriented crew. Parker and Tara fit it and both have different play style than levi.

To all others that wrote here, great answers, let's see what more can be decided. 

for whatever it is worth, I saw Levi and Tara as a good duo (and would try to sneak in games with my Alt Hamelin crew). They were on my short list of tournament lists, but I have been seduced by Trixiebelle and her kin.

Funny thing is, I already own and really like Von Schill, but in games I had, Levi would be better choice ;) In "cool factor" Von Schill is top 1 master, cannot wait to get his new sculpt. In power level, I think that there are better OC masters :(