Corpse fiesta: Reva and Seamus team up.

Maniacal_cackle

Here's a rather strange list I came up with! It'll be a while before I can play it, but thought I'd share it here. I call it corpse fiesta!

• Seamus + totem
  • Reva
  • Archie or Grave Golem
  • Asura Roten or Emissary
  • Gravedigger
  • Grave spirit's touch on any model.
  • Optionally a corpse candle.

Seamus and Reva bring crazy killing power that synergizes with corpse markers.

Archie/Grave Golem can hurl corpses (including candles and mindless zombies), ensuring repositioning as needed. Archie is more resource hungry AND can't focus, so have to consider that. Archie is a better schemer, however.

Gravedigger and another model with grave spirits touch pulse out focus for the whole team. Starting with two extra focus helps counterbalance the lack of card draw.

Asura roten brings scheming power, as well as walking corpse markers. The emissary brings terrain for Seamus and walking corpse markers. Probably matchup dependent which you bring.

You probably never want Archie + Emissary, as they're too resource hungry and the crew might starve for cards (unless Archie is a dedicated schemer/corpse thrower).

The idea is a crew that packs a hell of a wallop, can attack from crazy angles and at a distance, and has a surprising amount of scheming power to boot.

It is the first double master list that I have made that I really like the thematic feel of too!

What do you think?

• Like 1

I really dig it!

I think there's value in making Reva the leader.  You lose the Copycat Killer, but you gain a lot more corpse marker manipulation (Light the Way on the candles).  I also think you could benefit by swapping the Gravedigger for a Shieldbearer.  You keep Blasphemous Ritual, but you gain the extra 4"-12" of pushes to move Reva/ Archie/ Asura/ Emissary around.  

Have you had a chance to put it on the table?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Diceman87 said:

I really dig it!

I think there's value in making Reva the leader.  You lose the Copycat Killer, but you gain a lot more corpse marker manipulation (Light the Way on the candles).  I also think you could benefit by swapping the Gravedigger for a Shieldbearer.  You keep Blasphemous Ritual, but you gain the extra 4"-12" of pushes to move Reva/ Archie/ Asura/ Emissary around.  

Have you had a chance to put it on the table?

Worth a go! Although at that point might drop Seamus altogether.

Haven't had a chance to put it on the table yet (don't own all the models either), but will set up a proxy game sometime.

A shieldbearer could be sweet, but I worry they're be not enough corpses at that point. It'd probably be fine if you had Asura pumping them out I suppose!

So the basic point of this is killing so fast, the opponent can't score enough points before being overwhelmed?

I'm going to list a few potential issues I see from theorycrafting, so take salt and whatever you can out of this.

You want three Ethereal Reaping attacks to kill off prime targets, for that you need some way to push Reva into position, that's missing atm. The mentioned Shieldbearer would be Reva's usual option, but 7SS? I don't like that.

You'll be forced into quite predictable activation patterns with this list. Which might be an issue, might be not. Depends on if your opponent can capitalize of this.

Emissary is gold for Seamus, apart from being a good allround model. Asura seems like more of an niche case here, even though I see why she's in consideration. I'm just not confident she and her zombies can fulfill the scheming role. Certainly not in all pools.

I think The Whisper is the much more important upgrade than GST, this model choice will create a lot of pressure on your hand so any card you can get is important.

I'm not sure you can afford two 10SS slots with a 2nd Master. Focusing on only one slot would lessen the hand burden. Also would make the whole Asura/Zombies thing less necessary.

I'm quite firm on the opinion that Seamus is the better Leader. Not only loosing out on CCK but also A Cause for Celebration is to much in my opinion. He's most likely still a good addition as a damage dealer but moves down in the "apply only if necessary" categorie from my point of view. Reva may not like losing her Candles but especially with this amount of corpse generation I don't think she'll mind losing them as much as what Seamus loses.

So what does that all mean? I see some synergy between them. They are both killy masters and the double-down approach often is one to test out. I feel like it's hard to combine them into one coherent list though. No matter where you fix up something, another weakness opens up elsewhere. But if you know your strats, schemes and opponents well... you might be able to pull the right combination for a specific game out of your hat. That's definitly beyond my scope tbh. Not a combination you can have a standard set-up for though.

Thanks for your thoughts!

3 hours ago, Graf said:

So the basic point of this is killing so fast, the opponent can't score enough points before being overwhelmed?

Basically. This strategy has become pretty dominant in my meta. The winning tables tend to be deleting 1-3 models a turn, so battle can get pretty intense (less so on corner deployment of course).

That said, the crew has pretty good scheming power. Archie is one of our faction's best scheme runners IMO (as he can scheme very effectively without being so squishy that he can be deleted easily by the enemy team). Asura Roten can bring zombies into play on any table edge (as long as you have a tomes or crow in hand), and then those zombies can interact (although unfortunately she can't use her bonus action to make them interact, she can use it to make them reposition). EDIT: Damn, I forgot the zombies can't interact at all that first turn (mindless, her bonus action can't do it, AND summoned models can't interact the turn they come down. Editing the schemes too).

So I imagine the crew would be pretty good at:

• Breakthrough
  • Harness the Leyline 
  • Search the Ruins
  • Dig their Graves (although so is any crew with a grave digger)
  • Power ritual (it is pretty crazy that Asura can do this from across the board, as long as she can get sight).
  • Outflank
  • Assassinate
  • Claim Jump

So that's ~97% 82% of scheme pools that they can probably do pretty well. Of course, they might struggle if it is plant explosives (the interacts just add up to too many at that point). It is also hilarious to imagine the mindless zombies moving corrupted idols, but that'll be pretty niche as you need lucky setup for that. So when you take into account scheme pools, strategies, and deployment types... I'd imagine this would be a good crew in at least 30% of pools (assuming the crew idea ends up working out).

And of course, don't forget masters are very good at scheming. If you manage to get the board down to a couple of models, two of which are your remaining masters, you can do quite a bit of scheming that final turn. But yes, definitely fits in the "prioritise killing, scheme later" types of crew.

3 hours ago, Graf said:

You want three Ethereal Reaping attacks to kill off prime targets, for that you need some way to push Reva into position, that's missing atm. The mentioned Shieldbearer would be Reva's usual option, but 7SS? I don't like that.

I think you really only need two attacks to make it worthwhile, and for that she has a threat range of ~18" (ignoring severe terrain). Assuming you have a corpse marker positioned correctly, of course. The whole crew hinges on the question of whether the markers can be positioned correctly.

3 hours ago, Graf said:

You'll be forced into quite predictable activation patterns with this list. Which might be an issue, might be not. Depends on if your opponent can capitalize of this.

Yeah, this is definitely a problem. I do like crews like Forgotten that can be very flexible with their activations. However, in tournaments one positive of this is at least gameplay will be much faster.

3 hours ago, Graf said:

I think The Whisper is the much more important upgrade than GST, this model choice will create a lot of pressure on your hand so any card you can get is important.

I'm not sure you can afford two 10SS slots with a 2nd Master. Focusing on only one slot would lessen the hand burden. Also would make the whole Asura/Zombies thing less necessary.

I'm quite firm on the opinion that Seamus is the better Leader. Not only loosing out on CCK but also A Cause for Celebration is to much in my opinion. He's most likely still a good addition as a damage dealer but moves down in the "apply only if necessary" categorie from my point of view. Reva may not like losing her Candles but especially with this amount of corpse generation I don't think she'll mind losing them as much as what Seamus loses.

Normally I don't like The Whisper, as it doesn't change what cards are there, just gives you information and the order.  You still have to work through them. However, in this case, I think you're right the crew probably wants it. Asura in particular really would benefit from having it, as she realllly needs those triggers to be done correctly, and stoning with the correct cards on top of the deck will allow her to hit her double suits. Excellent suggestion.

I don't think you can drop GST as long as the crew has enough soulstones when you take it. That focus is super important. Seamus really wants to be landing his hits (and cheating with moderate damage at least). Reva doesn't need to cheat damage, but she would like to hit, and focus can often save a card.

The two 10SS slots is really pushing it, I agree. However, remember one of those slots is actually just a support model (repositioning corpses) and has other roles (archie can scheme really well, and then if other beaters die he can swap roles to being a beater. Grave Golem can do Claim Jump really, really well).

Yeah, I think you're right on the Seamus as leader (especialy as Reva can still summon her corpse candles by discarding occasionally. Doubt you'll ever want to summon two except maybe turn 1), but the crew could be neat without Seamus and just run as a Reva crew.

I think overall you're probably right, the crew may be too resource hungry (although keep in mind Archie isn't as resource hungry as he usually is for this crew, since he plays a different role. He is more like an effigy with a fate upgrade. Early game supports, turns into a new beater when your primary ones die). If this crew falls over, it'll either be on the corpse engine not being workable or the crew being too resource hungry.

I'll try to test it out, with updates from your suggestions.

18 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Basically. This strategy has become pretty dominant in my meta. The winning tables tend to be deleting 1-3 models a turn, so battle can get pretty intense (less so on corner deployment of course).

I see. Killing two models per turn would be my estimation to be necessary for this list. I hope though such this elite set-up won't suffer to much when your opponents are really good at that as well.

That said, the crew has pretty good scheming power.

Very well, I refer to your experiences in this case. Nice to read about your view of Asura! I don't need her in my main crew atm, so I'm waiting for her re-release, after that I probably will have the chance to check her out.

I think you really only need two attacks to make it worthwhile

We'll have to agree to disagree for the time being then. Two attacks probably will be fine most of the time, but I see problems as soon as defensive tec comes into play and be it only armour. But I'm happy to be proven wrong on this point.

Normally I don't like The Whisper, as it doesn't change what cards are there, just gives you information and the order.  You still have to work through them. However, in this case, I think you're right the crew probably wants it. Asura in particular really would benefit from having it, as she realllly needs those triggers to be done correctly, and stoning with the correct cards on top of the deck will allow her to hit her double suits. Excellent suggestion.

I don't think you can drop GST as long as the crew has enough soulstones when you take it. That focus is super important. Seamus really wants to be landing his hits (and cheating with moderate damage at least). Reva doesn't need to cheat damage, but she would like to hit, and focus can often save a card.

True, Whisper doesn't get rid of bad cards for you. At least the list has some ways to discard useless ones. But with only two models being the heavy lifters in killing you can get 1-3 additional cards and I think that's critical. Another reason to make sure Reva can attack as much as possible btw. Idealy I wouldn't give Whisper to Asura btw, but instead activate her after another model with the upgrade.

I don't think GST *has* to be dropped, I simply give Whisper priority. Depending on who gets the upgrade, regen +2 can be very helpful as well, so GST is surely no bad choice. More than two upgrades can be a hard sell though, so I understand your train of thought there. If it's primarily about the focus, you could utilize the Gravedigger instead?

1 hour ago, Graf said:

I see. Killing two models per turn would be my estimation to be necessary for this list. I hope though such this elite set-up won't suffer to much when your opponents are really good at that as well.

Very well, I refer to your experiences in this case. Nice to read about your view of Asura! I don't need her in my main crew atm, so I'm waiting for her re-release, after that I probably will have the chance to check her out.

We'll have to agree to disagree for the time being then. Two attacks probably will be fine most of the time, but I see problems as soon as defensive tec comes into play and be it only armour. But I'm happy to be proven wrong on this point.

True, Whisper doesn't get rid of bad cards for you. At least the list has some ways to discard useless ones. But with only two models being the heavy lifters in killing you can get 1-3 additional cards and I think that's critical. Another reason to make sure Reva can attack as much as possible btw. Idealy I wouldn't give Whisper to Asura btw, but instead activate her after another model with the upgrade.

I don't think GST *has* to be dropped, I simply give Whisper priority. Depending on who gets the upgrade, regen +2 can be very helpful as well, so GST is surely no bad choice. More than two upgrades can be a hard sell though, so I understand your train of thought there. If it's primarily about the focus, you could utilize the Gravedigger instead?

Well so far it is just theorycraft (plus some experience with some of the models), so I will see if I can set up a practice game. We are doing some double master games soon, so I should have an opportunity.

The Gravedigger isn't enough for focus, though, as you need at least two of them (I think). That focus may also account for why I'm happy with less hits on Reva. On average she should be hitting for 4. Armor 2 may be a problem though!

• Like 1

Just tested out a poor version of the list on plant explosives against Zoraida (just threw something together with models on hand, even had a crooligan). Lost the game (5-6), but the idea definitely has potential.

Archie + Reva + Seamus provides such a powerful core. They all have incredible threat ranges (assuming corpse markers), can dish out loads of damage, and also have tremendous scheming power (all of them can move well over 10 inches and plant a bomb, scheme marker, etc). The three can rotate between key objectives, aggression against back-liners, and destroying their scheme runners. That said, I do wonder if the crew needs a tank (Reva and Seamus are so squishy), and wonder if Grave Golem would be better than Archie.

I had not realised that hurl corpse places the corpse marker whether or not it hits. That's tremendously powerful, and I hope to experiment with it more sometime.

Weirdly I did not have any issues with having enough cards (I did end up taking The Whisper on Seamus because of his secret passage). But between that upgrade and the 2 focus to everyone on turn one, I actually felt pretty okay on the card front. This was partially because I used a rotation strategy for my beaters (there was no turn where Archie, Reva, and Seamus all acted as a beater).

Definitely did not have enough corpse markers. Felt starved for them all game.

The list really depends on whether or not you can get corpse markers to key locations. I really struggled with that with my first attempt (didn't realise Reva needs corpse markers to make corpse candles... xD). It is possible that the crew simply won't be good because it takes too much effort to put down corpse markers. But if you could have corpse markers placed so efficiently they were always available, the crew would be solid.

For my next attempt, what I'll try is:

• Seamus + The Whisper
  • Copycat Killer
  • Reva
  • Archie
  • Mourner
  • Gravedigger
  • Bone Pile + Grave Spirit's Touch
  • 2 stones.

Archie and Bone Pile can deliver corpses at range, Mourner and Gravedigger give you your turn 1 corpses. I also felt several times "man, I wish I had Mourners aura to turn corpses into scheme markers" since gravedigger can only do it end game. And of course, all the minions can be placed in positions where if your opponent kills them, you still get a corpse marker in a useful location!

It is likely correct to drop the GST upgrade and have four stones to work with. The crew doesn't need offensive stones, but some defensive ones would be good. However, when learning crews, I prefer to minimise stones to force myself to learn to play it efficiently.

EDIT: We're a bit sick of elite crews locally, though, so it may be a while before I get to test this list and report back!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Just tested out a poor version of the list on plant explosives against Zoraida [...] Lost the game (5-6), but the idea definitely has potential.

I love when people actually thest their unusual ideas, that's the best way to find out about new combination! 5-6 against Zoraida sounds like a close game, that's pretty good.

That said, I do wonder if the crew needs a tank (Reva and Seamus are so squishy), and wonder if Grave Golem would be better than Archie.

An important feature of tanks is: They have a big footprint, either by binding multiple models (GG at least has a bug base) and/or being hard to ignore (that's where I'm unsure about the GG). Guess the biggest problem is his reliance on Corpse Markers. But as always - test him out! 

I had not realised that hurl corpse places the corpse marker whether or not it hits. That's tremendously powerful, and I hope to experiment with it more sometime.

Yeah, that's hugely important! Did you realise that before, during or after the game?

Weirdly I did not have any issues with having enough cards (I did end up taking The Whisper on Seamus because of his secret passage). But between that upgrade and the 2 focus to everyone on turn one, I actually felt pretty okay on the card front. This was partially because I used a rotation strategy for my beaters (there was no turn where Archie, Reva, and Seamus all acted as a beater).

Makes sense, I kinda assumed Archie as an optional beater anyway, he's just to good at scheming to throw him away unless you've got a good reason to. Did you use at least 2/3 on full power? My feeling is that's necessary to get  a high enough kill count.

Definitely did not have enough corpse markers. Felt starved for them all game.

The list really depends on whether or not you can get corpse markers to key locations. I really struggled with that with my first attempt (didn't realise Reva needs corpse markers to make corpse candles... xD). It is possible that the crew simply won't be good because it takes too much effort to put down corpse markers. But if you could have corpse markers placed so efficiently they were always available, the crew would be solid.

Really not enough? I mean.... how many do you actually need? Grave Digger gives you one. Archie hurls but not doesn't consume them (he can create, but I imho he doesn't actually do that very often). Reva converts them into Candles (which still count as Corpse Markers) and with crows can convert Schemes into Corpses. Emisarry doesn't need Corpse Markers to create Mindless Zombies - another Corpse Marker. Seamus is the only one who actually removes the corpses. It can get difficult though when your opponent can remove/convert the markers, at least before Reva can convert them herself. How often did you use GST/Digger for Focus? Was that the reason for your shortage?

Needing markers in the right place is another story though... Here it's also good that Archie can throw Candles and Zombies around and they also can walk into position. But depending on your opponent's movement the situation might change to quickly. Might also need a lot of insight into what your opponent's list wants to achieve, how it plays and what plans your opponent has atm.

Archie and Bone Pile can deliver corpses at range, Mourner and Gravedigger give you your turn 1 corpses. I also felt several times "man, I wish I had Mourners aura to turn corpses into scheme markers" since gravedigger can only do it end game. And of course, all the minions can be placed in positions where if your opponent kills them, you still get a corpse marker in a useful location!

When you feel like you already didn't have enough corpses, then why adding a Mourner to burn even more? The one corpse turn #1 won't really help with that. EDIT: they don't convert, just treat "as if", my bad. Not so strong now but the question is still valid.

Bone Pile looks like a worthwhile consideration I haven't made yet though. He can do more than just creating markers, which is important imho.

EDIT: We're a bit sick of elite crews locally, though, so it may be a while before I get to test this list and report back!

That's to bad😕. I hope you'll reconsider.

22 minutes ago, Graf said:

I love when people actually thest their unusual ideas, that's the best way to find out about new combination! 5-6 against Zoraida sounds like a close game, that's pretty good.

Thanks! I love that there's so much brewing possible in Malifaux!

An important feature of tanks is: They have a big footprint, either by binding multiple models (GG at least has a bug base) and/or being hard to ignore (that's where I'm unsure about the GG). Guess the biggest problem is his reliance on Corpse Markers. But as always - test him out! 

For this crew specifically, I think the Grave Golem might be a good tank option because he can go to one place and hold it. I felt like I had tons of potential to wipe out anything anywhere on the board, but what I didn't have was the ability to hold a point. I really would have liked something in the centre of the board just making everything awkward for my opponent (try to break up the crew and go around me, get wiped out by my beaters. Bubble in the centre, get bogged down by Grave Golem). Will test it someday hopefully!

That said, I'm much more fond of the grave golem than a lot of people seem to be. I've only had one game where I took it and felt it was a mistake (I probably take it in 10-20% of games). Plus I have a home-made sculpt of it!

Yeah, that's hugely important! Did you realise that before, during or after the game?

Makes sense, I kinda assumed Archie as an optional beater anyway, he's just to good at scheming to throw him away unless you've got a good reason to. Did you use at least 2/3 on full power? My feeling is that's necessary to get  a high enough kill count.

Haha, didn't realise until after the game >.< Yeah, I had 2/3 on full power, but Reva died early in turn 2. I over extended before the corpse markers were down. A bit more patience/setup of the board would have really helped my cause I think.

26 minutes ago, Graf said:

Really not enough? I mean.... how many do you actually need? Grave Digger gives you one. Archie hurls but not doesn't consume them (he can create, but I imho he doesn't actually do that very often). Reva converts them into Candles (which still count as Corpse Markers) and with crows can convert Schemes into Corpses. Emisarry doesn't need Corpse Markers to create Mindless Zombies - another Corpse Marker. Seamus is the only one who actually removes the corpses. It can get difficult though when your opponent can remove/convert the markers, at least before Reva can convert them herself. How often did you use GST/Digger for Focus? Was that the reason for your shortage?

Needing markers in the right place is another story though... Here it's also good that Archie can throw Candles and Zombies around and they also can walk into position. But depending on your opponent's movement the situation might change to quickly. Might also need a lot of insight into what your opponent's list wants to achieve, how it plays and what plans your opponent has atm.

When you feel like you already didn't have enough corpses, then why adding a Mourner to burn even more? The one corpse turn #1 won't really help with that. EDIT: they don't convert, just treat "as if", my bad. Not so strong now but the question is still valid.

Bone Pile looks like a worthwhile consideration I haven't made yet though. He can do more than just creating markers, which is important imho.

I used two corpses turn 1 for GST (which also means the gravedigger isn't making any corpses). There's the additional problem of it can be awkward to place them where I want them to be.

By turn 3, the whole board was covered in corpse markers (though Reva was dead at that point). I just need an efficient way to get corpses where I need them turns one and two. And it was awkward finding places for Seamus to eat corpses, but that is because I never went more than 19" deep on the board with him, so I could have been more aggressive with him.

Mourner seems like it adds a lot of what I want: an extra corpse on turn one, a decent schemer, scarlet temptation + weeping widow can make for some horribly awkward checks against Seamus, Disguised + hard to wound so it is an annoying schemer to kill, Mourn the Dead for corpses as schemes when necessary (often you have a pile of 3-4 corpse markers from a battle and then placing corpses near models, so that's potentially a pile of 3-4 scheme markers). I guess it has stuff under the attack actions section of its card, but that wouldn't be the first use (although since the whole crew starts with two focus, I found that every single model packed an offensive punch without needing to cheat cards).

Which leaves the question of how to get corpses in the right spot, and I think to some degree I could try to rely on high crows with dismembers and bone piles to get the corpses. And bone piles are just a great all around model!

That's to bad😕. I hope you'll reconsider.

There's so many cool playstyles, will do something fun regardless. And I'm sure in a few weeks time if I ask someone specifically to play me on a double master game, I'll find someone! But may wait a few weeks.

Oh, one more thing I think I should comment on:

Mindless Zombies felt like a really good idea in theoryfaux, and I didn't get the chance to use them in practice... But I think in reality they actually wouldn't work with this crew. Mindless zombies can't activate the turn they are summoned, so it is going to take a full turn to get them to where you want them to be.

There's lots of methods of getting corpse markers into position slowly, so the mindless zombies don't fix the problem I thought they did.

Corpse candles do to a degree since they can activate the turn they're summoned, but I consider that more corpse marker repositioning (since they eat an old marker). However, it is very useful that you can eat corpse candles with other models, leave behind a pyre marker, then turn that pyre marker back into a walking corpse. I also found them some pretty fabulous strategic nukes for hazardous (at one point I actually attacked my own corpse marker just to put a hazardous marker underneath Zoraida).

11 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Haha, didn't realise until after the game >.< Yeah, I had 2/3 on full power, but Reva died early in turn 2. I over extended before the corpse markers were down. A bit more patience/setup of the board would have really helped my cause I think.

I used two corpses turn 1 for GST (which also means the gravedigger isn't making any corpses). There's the additional problem of it can be awkward to place them where I want them to be.

By turn 3, the whole board was covered in corpse markers (though Reva was dead at that point). I just need an efficient way to get corpses where I need them turns one and two. And it was awkward finding places for Seamus to eat corpses, but that is because I never went more than 19" deep on the board with him, so I could have been more aggressive with him.

Mourner seems like it adds a lot of what I want: an extra corpse on turn one, a decent schemer, scarlet temptation + weeping widow can make for some horribly awkward checks against Seamus, Disguised + hard to wound so it is an annoying schemer to kill, Mourn the Dead for corpses as schemes when necessary (often you have a pile of 3-4 corpse markers from a battle and then placing corpses near models, so that's potentially a pile of 3-4 scheme markers). I guess it has stuff under the attack actions section of its card, but that wouldn't be the first use (although since the whole crew starts with two focus, I found that every single model packed an offensive punch without needing to cheat cards).

Which leaves the question of how to get corpses in the right spot, and I think to some degree I could try to rely on high crows with dismembers and bone piles to get the corpses. And bone piles are just a great all around model!

Losing Reva turn 2 is a hard blow. Then I'm less surprised you didn't have as much card trouble as expected. Two to three additional attacks can eat up quite a few cards when your flips are unlucky. Sounds like we really need more testing, not only for GG/Mourner, but also the core of the list.

11 hours ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Oh, one more thing I think I should comment on:

Mindless Zombies felt like a really good idea in theoryfaux, and I didn't get the chance to use them in practice... But I think in reality they actually wouldn't work with this crew. Mindless zombies can't activate the turn they are summoned, so it is going to take a full turn to get them to where you want them to be.

There's lots of methods of getting corpse markers into position slowly, so the mindless zombies don't fix the problem I thought they did.

Corpse candles do to a degree since they can activate the turn they're summoned, but I consider that more corpse marker repositioning (since they eat an old marker). However, it is very useful that you can eat corpse candles with other models, leave behind a pyre marker, then turn that pyre marker back into a walking corpse. I also found them some pretty fabulous strategic nukes for hazardous (at one point I actually attacked my own corpse marker just to put a hazardous marker underneath Zoraida).

Yeah, being unable to move the turn they are summoned makes them hard to use for Reva. I thought more for Seamus though, guess I wasn't clear on that. Often you'll want to use the Emisarry's coffin terrain for him anyway, because you control where you put it. In that case you can use the Zombie for the additional attack, so no matter if the Zombie counts as activated or not. Of course it's better if you have a Corpse Marker handy without the Emisarry (saving a edit: 8+ ), but it's good to keep that in mind.

• Like 1

@Graf I'll put him on the test list (could probably replace Archie). I worry cards will be a problem with him (high target number, attacks, etc).

And yeah, cards might have been tricky some turns if Reva survived. But turns 1 and 2 for example I only drew one severe and it was fine. That Whisper made a huge difference for Seamus (like at one point he had a 2, 2, 7, so I used focus to eat both the 2s, cheated my only severe, then used the 7 for damage to one shot a silurid).

Will see how it goes next time!