Miranda soul stone

out4egos

Question

12 answers to this question

32 minutes ago, out4egos said:

When miranda beast changes can she still use soul stones as a henchman.  Do I need to give her ss catch  if I want to use them while she's say a sabertooth?

No. Nothing in either the shape shift ability or the bestial form upgrade gives the minion or enforcer the ability to use soulstones. (the new model is not a henchman for any rules that matter for station)

EDIT - on the plus side that means if you transform into a minion beast, you will get the minion bonus from any upgrade

4 minutes ago, out4egos said:

When miranda beast changes can she still use soul stones as a henchman.  Do I need to give her ss catch  if I want to use them while she's say a sabertooth?

When Myranda is replaced by an enforcer/minion beast, that beast can't use soulstones, because it's an enforces/minion. So you'll have to give her soulstone cash.

Yes, as said above, she needs the upgrade to be able to use SS in beast form.

A fun fact that won't be useful in every game but that it's worth to know is Myranda can transform into a Jackalope (it needs the totem to die first tho). This would only be useful if she is very hurt (kind of 1-2 Wds) and in a hairy situation, but can both give her a demise (Eternal) that can be triggered multiple times and a high defense if she has a good number of mutations; it's worth also to note she will also become Insignificat, which may be useful to deny points in Reckoning or Explosives in Plant Explosives for example.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, out4egos said:

Wow I never even would have thought about the jackalope thing... see ogid you know this game.  If I ever cross the pond again I'm not going to see the sites... I'm finding you and getting a game in...

Haha, I’m glad to help man. I’m sure you have better (but more quiet) players closer; but if we ever cross paths, I’ll gladly take that game :).

• Haha 1

I live in ther middle of America but rural.  Me and a buddy have to drive 3 hours away to Get games in. So not a lot of diversity. Im limited to certain opponents as well. 

Another question.  So along terms of the shape change.  Can I grow a lets say young nephlim. Who is 7ss to a mature 10ss for schemes and strategies does ther matures still count as 7ss

20 minutes ago, out4egos said:

I live in ther middle of America but rural.  Me and a buddy have to drive 3 hours away to Get games in. So not a lot of diversity. Im limited to certain opponents as well.

mmm... you could try Vassal. Some folks enjoy it and if you have troubles finding oponents near of you, it could be a way to expand your oponent pool. I don't know how it works because playing online it's not my thing; but in the Vassal forum I'm sure you could find good info.

https://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/forum/174-vassal/

23 minutes ago, out4egos said:

Another question.  So along terms of the shape change.  Can I grow a lets say young nephlim. Who is 7ss to a mature 10ss for schemes and strategies does ther matures still count as 7ss

The growing/replacing mechanic allow some shenanigans. The model always count as what it is at that moment, but the schemes targeting remains the whole game and get transfered in the step 4 of the replace rules (check pg 32 ebook).

This could let you hire a BBS (6SS) and pick a 6SS model as a Vendetta target, grow it into a Mature and bully that 6SS model with your Mature (being it also easier to keep alive). However for "Hold up ther forces", that mature counts as a full 10SS model.

The BBS into Mature is great because it can be grown in turn 1 and give you 4SS and Focused; but any crew could just hire the effigy with the fate upgrade and grow that 4SS model into a 10SS emissary; that's riskier tho because it'd be vulnerable those first 2 turns.

I actually do the bb to mature every game unless I'm going to alpha strike. All that focus.  Plus I try and take a terror tot to scheme run and keep ther blood hunter next to him for corpse markers normally gives me lelitu late in the game to lure away models from scoring points. Or she scores herself depending in the game... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, out4egos said:

I actually do the bb to mature every game unless I'm going to alpha strike. All that focus.  Plus I try and take a terror tot to scheme run and keep ther blood hunter next to him for corpse markers normally gives me lelitu late in the game to lure away models from scoring points. Or she scores herself depending in the game... 

Neph is a keyword I'm really looking forward to be released in M3E so I got not experience with them yet, take this with a pinch of salt:

Even Alpha striking with a double Mature a BBS is a great inclusion, that initial pulse of Focused can help to deal good damage in the first turn (where Matures will probably only get 1 attack, so that Focused may double the damage they can deal that turn) and a Mature will eventually die (hopefully after dealing enough damage), and in that case you really want to have a Sz2 Neph ready to become a Mature. For example, Kharnage ultra agressive Neph list use that set up:

I take note about that use of the pig; I want to test different ways to use him and that particular one crossed my mind (I was thinking more in make it become a Young/Lelu tho); the other one is make him follow Matures/BBS to provide corpses for healing/Focused.

At 6 ss that's a little too high for me  il take 2 young who are pretty good in a fight.  Thru have built in pos flips.  Normally if one of my matures go down one of them will replace.  Hayreddin can do the mask trigger for the corpse marker. I hit nekima before she activates for a grow token on one of the young. Turn one.  Hayreddin can do a ton of damage.  My alpha list is 

Nekima 

Bloodhunter

Hayreddin 

Mature x2

Young x2

Terror tot

3ss

You can drop the tot and give neck butterfly and have 5ss because I tend to pack so jumping out is pointless. Also the bb splash will heal with hayreddin around

Defense duels with matures is very important you can't cheat melee  against them. So instead of cheating for triggers save those high cards for defense duels. 

• Thanks 1