Waldo's Weekly - Stuck On You

mattc

Disappointing.

We had Not a single Waldos weekly for The Other Side since months!

So the release was Not the best for ToS, but NOW we need a Bit more Support for the game Wyrd!

What about the 2player starter or the Kimon or 3 Kingdoms?

A rule teaser, a Render, a Artwork at least something!

• Like 1

I don’t know about faction but Wikipedia suggests a Zoroastrian demonomancy connection

Edit: I am officially guessing minions for a new Explorers Society master - a malevolent deity that has been awoken by unearthing ancient inscriptions and relics.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Toqtamish said:

Says on Facebook “new malifaux characters “

Ah - I don't go that page anymore. Too many negative experiences. Hate when they put stuff there instead of here... 

Edit - sorry - thought you meant a Wyrd Place. I see Wyrd has it's own page and it's mentioned there. 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Rufess said:

Don't think people in Neverborn know how to wear a suit after Jakob had left. So my bet on Resser.

Funny you should mention Lynch—my mind jumped to Kitty Dumont as the only model that might look remotely like these. Maybe an older Coppelius model, but these are human and that is not.

According to the Bell of Lost Souls article on 21 January by Mars Garrett, the Daeva do indeed belong to the newest faction, the Explorer's Society. So, too, the (presumed) Master, Lord Cooper, and the three other (Minion?) models pictured wearing animal skins, with the Apex keyword, in the previous Waldo's Weekly: Don't Think Twice, It's All Right.

It is not yet clear whether the Daeva share a keyword with Lord Cooper and the Apex, or whether the Daeva are intended for yet another Explorer's Society master/keyword, as yet unannounced. My suspicion is the latter, given the aesthetics of the artwork, and the Zoroastrian etymology.

No matter which keyword the Daeva use, this artwork is very cool! 👍

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Scatterbrain said:

According to the Bell of Lost Souls article on 21 January by Mars Garrett, the Daeva do indeed belong to the newest faction, the Explorer's Society.

Beasts of War/OnTableTop (whatever you wish to call them) also claim that the Daeva are Explorer's Society but nothing from Wyrd has stated what Faction they are so it's all just speculation.  Compare this announcement to Lord Coopers last week and that was very explicit that it was Explorer's news.  This one is very light on the details.

They probably are, as expanding that faction makes the most sense for the next wave of releases, but I'm not going to definitively say anything belongs to the Explorer's Society until Wyrd officially announce it.

11 hours ago, theamazingmrg said:

Beasts of War/OnTableTop (whatever you wish to call them) also claim that the Daeva are Explorer's Society but nothing from Wyrd has stated what Faction they are so it's all just speculation.  Compare this announcement to Lord Coopers last week and that was very explicit that it was Explorer's news.  This one is very light on the details.

They probably are, as expanding that faction makes the most sense for the next wave of releases, but I'm not going to definitively say anything belongs to the Explorer's Society until Wyrd officially announce it.

Caution and healthy scepticism are wise traits, in such matters. ;)

• 4 weeks later...