Jaakuna Ubume, the moving hazardous terrain

Enkeny

Question

Hi!

My question is: if Jaakuna has her aura and charge someone, does it deal damage to enemy models?

Moving markers with hazardous trait deal damage (or other effects), but this case it is an aura. It is not written for auras but I think it is the same. If a model wasn't in a hazardous terrain at the start of the action, but it is in the end of the action, it's like the model was placed in it. 

Can you show me some rule for this?

Thanks

7 answers to this question

No, moving a hazardous aura does not cause hazardous damage to models the aura passes over

The rules for moving Hazardous Markers only apply to markers with the hazardous trait.

So according to the rules there are 3 ways to suffer the hazardous terrain - move through it, resolve an action in it or have a marker with the trait move through you.

If it did work the same way for auras then there would be a lot of broken interactions in the game.

Then if an opposing model do and attack to jaakuna does it suffer 2 dmg (1 for vengeance and 1 for hazardous) or those dmg are separated? 

Asking this cause this can change a lot versus armored model or shielded one. Dry if I didn't start a new post but I was thinking it was a good place. 

To clarify a bit, Hazardous used to work like that in the Beta, but the wording was explicitly changed to exclude models because of Mei Feng of the Thousand Pushes. As a Mei player I'm all for reverting it ;)

The way Hazardous works for models is "You take the damage when you move or are moved." So you can't Charge them to ping the damage, but if you Lure them into the Aura they WILL take a damage. If you Trigger "Yer Comin With Me" or "Mass Hysteria" while they are in / move them into the Aura they will take a damage. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Dr4mis said:

Then if an opposing model do and attack to jaakuna does it suffer 2 dmg (1 for vengeance and 1 for hazardous) or those dmg are separated? 

Asking this cause this can change a lot versus armored model or shielded one. Dry if I didn't start a new post but I was thinking it was a good place. 

It would be 1 and 1 damage, not 2.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Dr4mis said:

There are two different abilities, so there are two damage sources of 1 Damage