Is Archie auto-take in Reva lists?

Maniacal_cackle

I realised Archie just seems nuts for Reva. He can generate corpse markers (dismember), he can pick up and throw corpse markers (and therefore corpse candles).

It'd be pretty neat to go:

• Enemy model activates, does something.
  • Archie throws a corpse candle, at that model, leaps, charges them, flurries for two attacks.
  • Reva is 17" away, charges, takes three attacks.
  • Someone uses grave spirit's touch on the corpse candle, putting a pyre marker down, so they'll take burning when they next activate.
  • Draugr charges onto the pyre marker, uses it to generate +s to the duel.
  • Etc.

That's a whole lot of attacks for not a large amount of investment. You don't even have to be that bunched up, as long as Archie can find a corpse candle (or in a pinch, corpse marker) to throw!

Can also summon an ashigaru there with Toshiro. Reva + Toshiro + Archie seems like a great core. Is she another one of those masters that has to rely heavily on OOK?

EDIT: Plus Archie is immune to burning, so the pyre markers don't cause any trouble for him.

Yeah, decent synergy. Lots of loops to jump through as always with Reva, but definitely worth considering.

I just think it's nice because Archie is good while being self sufficient. What he does for the Candels is increasing their threat ranges. Revenant already has Shieldbearers but because Reva does have a limited range with her attacks, I think it might be to much to combine them. Nice alternative though, as Archie should be worth the additional 4 points most of the time.

She does benefit from some (Anna is another example) and Ressers can essentially field playable Versatile/OOK list with *any* master, but I wouldn't go so far to say Reva is an OOK master per se.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, newsun said:

Archie is very good and a consideration In almost all lists. Because he's self sufficient it would even be okay in Urami where most things have synergy in keyword usually.

I don't think he is great in all crews. I think he is viable, but for example Von Schtook and Jack Daw have much better models (for them) in keyword.

Unless you mean a consideration in all Reva lists!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

I don't think he is great in all crews. I think he is viable, but for example Von Schtook and Jack Daw have much better models (for them) in keyword.

Unless you mean a consideration in all Reva lists!

If you need a model who can scheme, kill, and is mobile with no support he fills this role just fine. Is he always the best pick, No...could he do this work, definitely. Most of the time direct synergy is only needed with 2-4 models in a crew unless you are planning to bubble in the middle for claim or something.