Karmic fate

Kiryn

Sorry if this has been answered before I did search but couldn't find anything. 

But who counts as killing the model if something with the karmic fate upgrade dies from the karmic ties. 

Seems like it could be a way to get around take prisoner for example. 

I don't don't find her overpowered, but I usually run Asami so I'm always using Katashiro anyway, and there are much better Versatile models in the crew; usually I go Double Dragon (Dawn Serpent & Shadow Emissary), or Samurai & Fuhatsu.  I think I even use Lust more than Minako (in Qi and Gong Lust is almost essential).

I'm not saying she's bad at all, just in how I play the game I think I have better options.

• 4 weeks later...

Minako is all about her upgrade and her summons. If anything they'll remove the Versatile I think and keyword her to Last Blossom. In all honesty though, she's a stellar pick into Idols but I don't see her being as nessecary in other strategies. 

Oni gets mileage as Trash Elementals drop scrap for her and McCabe can get some mileage out of False Claim and Luna. But her own stats are...I mean you're paying for the potential summons and the irreducible damage. If you don't need the irreducible and your summons aren't impacting anything she may be wasted points. 

She is very good... in the UK national she was an staple in several top lists for a reason. Those 2 Katashiros are very good schemers, other factions are paying 10-12 SS to have 2 models like those running schemes (It require some set up in turn 1 and hires for scrap/shadows tho). She is also a decent mele model with card draw and is hard to deal with for the Kharma upgrade, SS usage and Df6 (Which may let her summon a Wanyudo if the other player missplays). That kit for 8SS is a very good deal.

I think she's liable to just get ignored though is the thing. I think she's a staple for summoning things, at least in Misaki/Asami or with anyway to generate scrap to use her it'd be great. But 'decent' is one way to put it. She's 2/3/5. The inbuilt is nice, but if your opponent isn't attacking her and just ignoring her it's just like having a nagging little bite on your side. Yeah she may get to cheatable if she charges, but you're not buying her for an attacker. You want to put her in positions where your opponent has to deal with her. Camp her on your explosive tokens, or make her a guard-dog for your schemes. Force your opponent to have to attack her to stop you from scoring points.

I just don't know if I'd pay 8 stones for that in every list.

• Agree 1

Running around that karmic fate is not that hard . The Thorn Aura kind of skill is good but is based on the damage suffered , so after the prevention on the ss I think (we use it like that) . And it bounce around a lot , if the last one to touch Minako is hiding behind the Wheel is not going to happen soon. 

Without that she is actually "naked" behind is Df 6 (that is great) . If she uses ss to protect herself she prevents the damage to the enemy too. 

It adds a little of difficulty to your opponent because he can't recklessly spam Severe Damage on her when the Upgrade is on a nearly dead guy (well , that depends).

It provokes some headache to your opponent (that is always good) , but it is far from "ok, I can't touch that model" .

If letting die a random dude would mean the death of an Henchman that can summon new models I'm fine with that.

5 hours ago, SerZaka said:

If letting die a random dude would mean the death of an Henchman that can summon new models I'm fine with that.

If that "random dude" dies due to Minako taking damage then the Wanyudo still summons doesn't it? The source of that damage is the front of Minako's card so it belongs to her so the Wanyudo comes into play with full health and no slow. 

Also, her defensive trigger is optional so you don't have to move it around every time she gets targeted which would be better wouldn't it? Unless she keeps getting targeted by models with lower and lower health... Hmm...

It's not that easy to go around Karmic Fate unless you may bypass defensive triggers. Df6 and Henchman (ability to use SS), may let her defend very well the first hit (the one attaching the upgrade and not reflecting damage). Then that model either kill himself or Minako tear him appart with irreducible damage, 2/3/5 isn't that great, but 2/3/5 irreducible damage is another story; specially with Tanukis around giving Focused.

TT has good  healers, she can get being topped off to milleage the upgrade, and the Wanyudo get summoned even if other model kills that model (with slow and damaged tho); so after a model attacks Minako, any beater may kill that model to get that extra free model.