Charles Edmonton Cheese

Jude

Since there is a new alt sculpt I thought it would be good to make a thread to celebrate our favorite Canadian sniper. Tell us about tactics and cheesy things you do with him, but also stories of cool or funny things that he's done in your games.

I personally have not used him enough and look forward to putting him on the table more soon.

On 1/7/2020 at 5:00 PM, Jude said:

Since there is a new alt sculpt I thought it would be good to make a thread to celebrate our favorite Canadian sniper. Tell us about tactics and cheesy things you do with him, but also stories of cool or funny things that he's done in your games.

I personally have not used him enough and look forward to putting him on the table more soon.

Wait, is he actually Canadian?  I thought that was just his name.

Yeah, he’s English.

I’ve found that he’s a good deterrent to Commanders walking around in his LoS. If anything people tend to overestimate his ability to kill single targets and are too cautious. If him and Marge Belle get to concentrate on the same target though, it’ll go down fast. The finest moment I’ve had from Charles is putting a bullet through the brains of a Siren that had been terrorising my company with her tide pools.

He’s also great at taking out pesky Morphlings and Engineers, extra credit if you can get hail of bullets off to stop them being reinforced back in.

I do find him difficult to get in to glory sometimes though, which hampers his mobility. Just got to remember that his accurate is a trigger and therefore optional, so don’t declare it if you’re going for a out and out damage to a fireteam. With piercing he can sometimes surprise you and wipe a base.

I think the key to playing him well is ensuring you can make the most out of Volley Fire on my Mark and Stoic Demeanor.

I actually had British written in my post originally, but then changed it because I remembered them playing Oh Canada on the podcast. I've just recently started reading all the fluff in the rulebook.

I like the idea of just having a perceived threat affect the enemies movement. Hopefully I'll be able to get some more time with him on the table and see what I can do.