Yin Reliquary help

Mr. Crows

29 minutes ago, cchase33 said:

So I recently added Yin the Penangalan to my crew builder and it put a Reliquary upgrade for Yin at the bottom of the list. Reading through the upgrade though, it says the upgrade can't be attached to Yin. I'm confused, can someone help explain this? Thanks!

So Yan Lo's models have a mechanic where when they die they give out "Reliquary Upgrades" to a nearby friendly model. It gives the model a little buff, but its basically the soul of the killed model. Yan Lo then has an Action which transforms the carrier of the Reliquary back into the model that was killed, making your important units effectively immortal if played correctly. 

His Henchman, Chiyaki, has a Trigger called Split the Soul, which allows her to place Reliquaries onto a model WITHOUT the original model dying, effectively giving that permanent upgrade to any model for a 4 Masks and giving a second life to whatever model's Reliquary was used regardless of its position on the table. The restriction that it cant be placed on Yin is to prevent Chiyaki from stacking upgrades from one model onto the same model. So for example, you cant use Izamu's Reliquary to stack Armor on Izamu, or use Manos' upgrade to stack Regen on Manos

6 hours ago, cchase33 said:

Ok I am hiring him into a Seamus crew, would this still apply?

Also it sounds like any model can pick up the upgrade? Or is it for sure a friendly model?

Thanks

Look at the demise effect of Yin (and all the models with reliquary's) and it states Friendly model. If there is no friendly model within 8" then it is just lost.

The demise (reliquary attachment) will happen regardless of who is your leader.

So if you aren't using Yan lo, they are just a boost to another model when 1 model dies.