Walker/Mech Infantry Question

tdc

Question

When do you chose to reduce the margin value in order to gain suits?

Is it during the modification step of the dual? - ie before the opponent gets to cheat

Or is it when you declare triggers? (Ie after they can cheat)

For the tracer round trigger does one specific fireteam shoot the prototype asset? - and therefore not benefit from the +1 AV

2 answers to this question

1) I can't find anything in the rules giving a solid answer one way or the other.  However, since you only get a Margin Value based on "the amount by which its duel total exceeded its goal" (aka: how much it beat the enemy by), I think it has to be during the Declare Triggers step.

2) Tracer Rounds affects all projectile actions so projectile Prototype actions would also benefit from it.

Agreed on #1, you don’t have a margin value to reduce until you’re resolving Step 3 or Step 4.  The effect isn’t a modifier on the duel total, so it’s not done during Step 2 of the duel; and as a result it’s going to be after both players have gone through their “Modify duel total” options (including cheating).

No comment on #2 because I don’t have the card handy.  😕