Perdita: a tactica

Calriel

Did anyone try Jury with Family? The extra obey with Abuela can be sweet for a Stat 8 attack from Frank. She also doesn't have to walk a lot, can get you an extra focus

New Perdita Ortega Crew (Guild)
Size: 50 - Pool: 2
Leader:
  Perdita Ortega
Totem(s):
  Enslaved Nephilim
Hires:
  The Jury
  Francisco Ortega
  Abuela Ortega
  Nino Ortega
  Guild Steward
  Monster Hunter
  Monster Hunter 2
(you can drop the second MH for Cache 6/4 and 1-2 LLC)

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/15/2020 at 2:58 PM, trikk said:

Did anyone try Jury with Family? The extra obey with Abuela can be sweet for a Stat 8 attack from Frank. She also doesn't have to walk a lot, can get you an extra focus

New Perdita Ortega Crew (Guild)
Size: 50 - Pool: 2
Leader:
  Perdita Ortega
Totem(s):
  Enslaved Nephilim
Hires:
  The Jury
  Francisco Ortega
  Abuela Ortega
  Nino Ortega
  Guild Steward
  Monster Hunter
  Monster Hunter 2
(you can drop the second MH for Cache 6/4 and 1-2 LLC)

The Jury can be great against some masters (Tara and Dreamer come to mind). But normally I would prefer saving 2 stones for the Guild lawyer. 

To be honest I think the Lawyer deserves a special mention as OOK for most Guild crews.

The ability to hand out +2 shielded a turn to 2 different models a turn helps a lot with the durability of the crew and the trigger to obey and drop a scheme marker makes some schemes possible that otherwise wouldn't be.

I find myself using the Obeys on Nino for the stat6 attack and to benefit from the range of his family values trigger.

One final thing I haven't found mentioned in this thread is you can (situationally) use the push from bravado to get OUT of combat depending on positioning of enemy models. The best use I have found for this is master hunting with Francisco but there may be some other niche cases.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So maybe it's obvious but I was surprised to realize A Por El allows Bonus actions so a Monster Hunter can A Po El Abuela to do Listen Up on Francisco :o

You can also A Por El Francisco after Dita to give him Finesse without activating him or get Nino out of combat

My current goto list is:

Dita

Neph

Phiona + LLC

Francisco

Nino

Lawyer

Abuela

Steward

• Like 1

@trikk there's some discussion in the rules forum about whether or not a bonus can be taken through A Por El! Personally I think it can.

Activating finesse is my favourite, if Fransisco is engaged, as it takes a lot of pressure off him. 

Another fun one is spamming locos blow it to hell, if your opponent relies on destructible markers. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • mattc unpinned this topic