2020 Monthly Painting Challenge - January

Caedrus

@Caedrus nah, just the base was airbrushed. I just haven't used my airbrush for more than priming, so even that little bit was a big step for me.  The mini was painted but I had a lot of trouble getting good green coverage so it ended up being a bit lighter than I wanted. Same with the skin tone, so while it's not a great photo it's prolly partially me.

Won't be my emissary. Gave it to a friend at the shop I go to since I had 2 of them and wanted to paint it + try adding a street lamp to his hand. He said he's gonna use it for an Archie or emissary in a Seamus crew... That said he didnt know I was painting / giving it to him, so who knows what he'll do with it. Ha.

• Like 2

If this were a Jack Nicholson movie, this would be As Good As It Gets. 1x Shikome for 7ss. Painted to tournament legal standard as everything has a coat of paint or two, and there are (more than) 3 colours. Had some good luck with the GW/Citadel Contrast Paints. Need to buy some Micro Art Studio Cobblestone bases (in resin), just found an online retail supplier in Australia today with some in stock. :)

0.jpg

• Like 2

Hello, I completed large parte of my pledge for current month: 3 scenic components that can be arranged to get a large ruined building and the 2 ruined city fountains I was going after for some past months.

In the pics I spawned around some old Malifaux minis painded in past years to give you a better idea of the size of the scenics I pledged.

IMG-20200131-135647.jpg
IMG-20200131-135701.jpg
IMG-20200131-135735.jpg
IMG-20200131-135805-1.jpg

Hope you liked it all. I please @Caedrus to estimate how many ss my pledge could be worth.

• Like 6

@Caedrus thanks so much! They were a blast to paint (and figure out the color schemes, expanding my RWBY theme for Thunders to the villains as well).

I managed to finish a couple more right in time for the month! Behold, both dragons (as Grimm, keeping with the RWBY theme). Had a blast with the custom work on the Emissary (wings and tail fins are press moulds of the wings I used on the Dawn Serpent and some for a Black Blood Shaman. They're a little rough around the edges from trying to make them thicker to be a bit tougher. Also filled in the holes where his lower legs should be for more of a sea serpent look.) Also the first time I've used any water effect for waves, so please, pour your tips and criticisms over me :)

So, with the 19ss from these two, that should bring me to 39ss for the month.

large.20200131_094140.jpg.c1158900f104fb3f6146393beade98da.jpglarge.20200131_094216.jpg.4494c05b964c65187f251d786e7f3220.jpglarge.20200131_094229.jpg.ca05ea15ac228a312b86fae2abe70280.jpglarge.20200131_094256.jpg.3311dfe6dc412c8040cfb347348554a3.jpglarge.20200131_094316.jpg.45dc71dbdab03dda386b66ca529b2d3c.jpglarge.20200131_094336.jpg.6cd9179186b3c9a9570189f1342d6d7b.jpg

• Like 7

Getting the last few stones in on the last day.  To complete this month I finished a huckster:

ig2LEdG.jpg

As much as I love the new m3e models, man do they got a lot of junk going on, which makes em a bit of a hassle to paint.  Guess I'll have to soldier on, ha.

@Caedrus that's 16 (10 + 6) for me, just sneaking by, hopefully next month is a bit better.

• Like 4

Always a pleasure to re-read through this thread towards end of the month.

@Magnus Digging the colourful bunch. Lovely crew.

@Boomstick Such whimsical crew. A Joy to watch you expand it.

@Pastori Classy whites. Cool investigators.

@lusciousmccabe Ice ice baby!👍

@Caedrus Good stuff all around. Almost scaring me into not painting my own Envy:P

@Viruk Interesting skintone on Rasputina. Solid Viruk-quality yet again for the whole crew.

@Harlekin You may be slow, but I can see where the time is spent. Rocking it!

@Monkeyfist In my experience "not my best" often translates into "pretty good". Not a bad place to be in:)Digging the investigator.

@Lukkimus Inspirational snakeman!

And big thanks to everyone I failed to mention too, for participating. 1 done (or almost), 11 more to go. Here's to many more painted minis this year🍻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, Nikodemus said:

Fun non-painterly tidbit, composer of Chrono Trigger's soundtrack (SNES era rpg) is named Yasunori. It's a pretty good soundtrack if you like SNES sounds.

Cool! I've played original Chrono Trigger, good memories :) and I love buzzling-tinking SNES sounds! Final Fantasy VI soundtrack is my absolute favourite (as is the game itself).

• Like 1

Hey! Here are my models for January! @Caedrus that would be 44SS (I only count one Anna). 

* Anna Lovelace: 10 SS. I wasn't sure I liked the new version, so I painted the old one two. 

Ana1.jpg  Ana2.jpg

* Student of Sinew: 7 SS.

Sinew.jpg

* Student of Steel: 7 SS.

Steel1.jpg  

* Student of Viscera: 8 SS.

Viscera1.jpg  

* 2 x Undergraduates: 12 SS.

u1.jpg  U4.jpg

• Like 6