2020 Monthly Painting Challenge - January

Caedrus

On 1/3/2020 at 12:44 AM, GlowingFruit said:

My henchmen pledge is already done :)

rfwGRoB.jpg

P.S. If someone has a good trick to apply yellow I'll be interested to know it ;)

About the yellow, here are a few tipps:

1. Apply a layer of brown, before the yellow. If you want your yellow to be as bright as possible: first grey, then white, then yellow.

2. Thin the paint and apply layer after layer, until you like the result (seriously, that should always be done with all colors)

• Agree 1

@Harlekin - Great work on the Lost. Really gritty and thematic feel to them.

@Stranglelove - Horrific. Good job.

@Wintergloom - Nice colour theming on the Nightmares. Really nice scheme and does a great job of tying the models together without looking like they're in uniform. Also, custom web markers FTW.

@Pastori - Love those bases on the Investigators. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 1/20/2020 at 1:29 AM, Caedrus said:

@Franchute: While I'm saddened that you won't be taking part, please do drop in, critique, and show us what you've been up to! For those newer to the Challenge, Franchute ran the Challenge for a few years, and is an excellent painter.

Thanks for the kind words @Caedrus. I actually ran the thing only one year. Before me was @prof_bycid

• Thanks 1

Got my Rail Gunners done. I did the battery and gun in the same metal as the Dreadnought, the rest is contrast. (20ss)

7jNdhDm.jpg

That is probably all I'll get done this month. That comes to 17+90+15+45+25+10+20=222ss for January :).

Next up are the Cavalry; I attempted to straighten their weapons 4 times with hot/cold water before giving up. They will be painted, but I'm not going to spend more time fixing what can't be fixed.

• Like 6