Our Turf Warriors?

Yore Huckleberry

What’s your go to order for Turf War?

It feels like Marshals or Family are pretty solid here, able to pick off targets at a good distance. Hoffman, on the other hand, strongly resists an opponent dropping a unit just to flip a marker. Nellie can get something flipped with Don’t Mind Me and, say, a versatile Peacekeeper and Pale Rider for help. Or maybe Dashel’s summons are worth the most here, where there’s less of an immediate points penalty for losing a unit, provided you put them all on your opponent’s side. Of course, Basse can start you right near markers, trap other markers, and start the fight where your opponent is.

What are people having success with?

7 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I don't like lj into turf, because I tend to get pinned onto my own side.  Lj can get across the board, and lone Marshall can a little, but everyone else is pretty much a gunline.

I’ve got a tourney coming up with
Wedge

Turf War

Pool:

Power Ritual

Outflank

Claim Jump

Harness the Ley Line

Hold Up Their Forces

So it’s mostly positional play: take the four quarters, points available in the corners, the sides, the center, and along the centerline. I think I really like Dashel for this, with a lot of blasting into the Wedge deployment to scare them off.

My other thought is Hoffman, but he doesn’t really have the speed to stop someone breaking past and scoring Power Ritual.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yore Huckleberry said:

I’ve got a tourney coming up with
Wedge

Turf War

Pool:

Power Ritual

Outflank

Claim Jump

Harness the Ley Line

Hold Up Their Forces

So it’s mostly positional play: take the four quarters, points available in the corners, the sides, the center, and along the centerline. I think I really like Dashel for this, with a lot of blasting into the Wedge deployment to scare them off.

My other thought is Hoffman, but he doesn’t really have the speed to stop someone breaking past and scoring Power Ritual.

I find Hoffman to be deceptively speedy.  I love investigative in this pool myself.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2019 at 11:23 PM, 4thstringer said:

I find Hoffman to be deceptively speedy.  I love investigative in this pool myself.

I've only managed one game with Hoffman so far but I was definitely surprised by his speed.  On the face of it the Augmented all have low-ish Mv values, but they all get Transfer Power to push themselves 2" an activation, the Hunter gets an additional 4" at the end of the turn, Watchers are Watchers, and Guardian's Toss can push a model quite far when the opportunity presents itself.  I had standard deployment in my game and Turn 2 I was over the Centreline without much difficulty.

And lets not forget the Harpoon Gun on Hunters and the Peacekeeper, as well as the Restraint Claw on the Warden, can be used to move opponents models out of position before they can make a run for the Power Ritual scoring.  The Arcanist Augmented also have movement tricks: Joss has an Obey as a :ToS-Fast:,  Howard has Trail of Gore (as does the Peacekeeper) and the Like the Wind trigger on his :meleeAction.