Kata-Boom?

KingCrow

Anyone had much luck with bringing Minako in a Mei Feng crew with Sparks? My idea is to summon in some Katashiro (so need a way to place at least two Scrap markers within range), throw some bombs in their bellies with Sparks and send them off to wherever they need to go. They get a decent amount of attacks, and while they are min damage one, any damage is good to have. The main thing is that they can kill themselves with Flicker tokens and do an additional three damage to everything within two inches. The sad part is that they won't drop any Scrap markers when they blow up so you if you need some Scrap markers placed, you could always send out Katashiro to attack things without the upgrade, have them kill themselves and drop a Scrap marker where you need something to Rail Walk to.

The crew I'm thinking of bringing is

Mei Feng - 8 Stones
Forgling
Minako Rei
Metal Golem
Sparks LeBlanc
Metal Gamin
Tanuki
Shadow Effigy
     - Effigy of Fate

There is enough stones to put one or two upgrades on someone or take another cheap Foundry model. So, what are people's thoughts?

I've played this in plant explosives to good effect;

Plant And Scheme Mei Feng Crew (Ten Thunders)
Size: 50 - Pool: 6
Leader:
  Mei Feng
    Masked Agent
Totem(s):
  Forgeling
Hires:
  Minako Rei
  Sparks LeBlanc
    Trained Ninja
  Metal Golem
  Dawn Serpent
  Metal Gamin
References:
  Katashiro
  Karmic Fate
  Bombs In Yer Belly

It was difficult to keep moving up field and have the Katashiro in range to get bombs in them. Also, at the time I wanted the Katashiro to scheme not kill stuff. But in theory you can have them do 4 completely uncontested damage on something by charging through and attacking, gaining flicker and dying. That's before bringing up the extra attack when placing them.

This list probably has more scrap than you need *most of the time. Depends on how many rams you have in your opening hand. 

Also keep an eye out for 6+ crows to make a metal golem(or gamin) fast and shielded (+1) after taking no damage.... But this requires specific positioning and the afformentioned ram for extra scrap nearby to sparks.

I've spent WAY too much time nutting out turn 1 positioning for this crew when at the end of the day terrain usually ruins all best laid plans. 

• Like 1

My answer is Obsi-Bada-Boom!

My dear friend, why use half measures if you can take a model that already has its demise. And this model is the obsidian oni, which is easily summoned by Asami Tanaka.

That's why i use list like this:

Mei as leader

Forgeling

Asami Tanaka

Sparks LeBlanc

And you have 26 SS for your targets)

2 hours ago, avmezhenov said:

My answer is Obsi-Bada-Boom!

My dear friend, why use half measures if you can take a model that already has its demise. And this model is the obsidian oni, which is easily summoned by Asami Tanaka.

That's why i use list like this:

Mei as leader

Forgeling

Asami Tanaka

Sparks LeBlanc

And you have 26 SS for your targets)

That crew looks deadly (and reproducible in my other factions -Arcanists with Sandeep and Poison Gamin) but a lot of tournaments around me seem to be leaning towards single Master crews.  I'm trying to make it work so it will work in the local scene. Definitely have to try that crew out in a friendly game tho. Lol. 

On 12/23/2019 at 12:42 PM, KingCrow said:

That crew looks deadly (and reproducible in my other factions -Arcanists with Sandeep and Poison Gamin) but a lot of tournaments around me seem to be leaning towards single Master crews.  I'm trying to make it work so it will work in the local scene. Definitely have to try that crew out in a friendly game tho. Lol. 

Thats real sad that tournaments around use restriction of solo master - it`s killing game aspects (

3 hours ago, SerZaka said:

I don't like multi-master list myself (or any out of keyword) but I agree . It's part of the game now , it shouldn't be restricted.

While I don’t disagree, I don’t have an issue with it getting worked in, rather than straight out of the gate.

There's a lot of changes for existing players to wrap their heads around (even worse for new players), that avoiding the complications that multi-masters cause, at least for the first year, is understandable. 

Heck, I'm only getting to my first Tournament at the end of this week (single Master), and I have no doubt I'll be overwhelmed. 

20 minutes ago, Morgan Vening said:

While I don’t disagree, I don’t have an issue with it getting worked in, rather than straight out of the gate.

There's a lot of changes for existing players to wrap their heads around (even worse for new players), that avoiding the complications that multi-masters cause, at least for the first year, is understandable. 

Heck, I'm only getting to my first Tournament at the end of this week (single Master), and I have no doubt I'll be overwhelmed. 

Yea, this is basically my reasoning for only doing Single Master tournaments recently.  Adding in another master does add a whole new dimension to the game but also makes it a bit rougher on our newer players. I'm trying to ease the new guys into the game and not send them running. Lol. 

Honestly, I do prefer single Master crews overall myself but don't want to restrict the game for others in the main scheme of things. 

Don't our friends across the pond (in England and such) maintain playing only single master tournaments? 

• Like 1