Where We'll Be In 2020 - Upcoming Shows

Kyle

Before the year ends, we thought it’d be a good idea to look toward the future.

We just launched our Upcoming Shows page for 2020!

We’ll be starting off the new year by heading to a show for the first time: the Las Vegas Open! There’s already a fantastic group of players that will be running tournaments and events there, so we’ll be accompanying them with demos for The Other Side and Malifaux. We’ll also be setting up a booth there, so you can scoop up some goodies while you’re waiting for the next game.

lvo_logo.png

It’s important to note that the Upcoming Shows page only currently details the shows we are already committed to, so keep an eye on that page for any more additional shows that may be added as 2020 moves forward.

You’ll also notice that we have a Volunteer Sign Up sheet on that page, as well. Starting with Adepticon, we’re looking for volunteers to help out with events, demos, and general assistance in our booths. If you’re headed to one or more of these shows and want to give us a hand, sign up to be a volunteer!

We hope to see you there (at any and all of these shows, that is)!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awesome! I really appreciate the heads-up - helps me plan my gaming excursions for 2020. I definitely want to help out as a volunteer when/where I can, but out of idle curiosity will Wyrd be incentivizing with convention entry/badge costs? Absolutely not an issue if that's not the plan. Figured it'd be worth an ask ;)

Obvs its in the future and that page is a good tool to gauge interest in shows.  That said, I did notice that there's only a 'what would you feel comfortable demoin question'.  Since I know people help out in booths in GenCon (the only one from the list I go to) it would of been nice for that to be an option also, no biggie tho (specially since it's probably a standard form and not all events would necessarily have booth volunteers). 

Assume there'll be discussions closer to the events.  Till then, goodluck in Vegas!

17 minutes ago, nomadicXnightmare said:

Awesome! I really appreciate the heads-up - helps me plan my gaming excursions for 2020. I definitely want to help out as a volunteer when/where I can, but out of idle curiosity will Wyrd be incentivizing with convention entry/badge costs? Absolutely not an issue if that's not the plan. Figured it'd be worth an ask ;)

The benefits from volunteering depend from show to show, as well as the amount of coverage a volunteer is willing to help with. As we get closer to each show, we'll post details about shifts, schedules, and goodies.

3 minutes ago, muraki said:

Obvs its in the future and that page is a good tool to gauge interest in shows.  That said, I did notice that there's only a 'what would you feel comfortable demoin question'.  Since I know people help out in booths in GenCon (the only one from the list I go to) it would of been nice for that to be an option also, no biggie tho (specially since it's probably a standard form and not all events would necessarily have booth volunteers). 

Assume there'll be discussions closer to the events.  Till then, goodluck in Vegas!

As in general help in a booth? While we might provide volunteer shifts like that for future shows, historically, that type of volunteering is generally only needed for Gen Con. The volunteer submission page on the Upcoming Shows page is more or less to get in early interest for those who already know that they will be attending and want to help out. We'll be making more specific callouts for exactly what we'll need when we get a little closer to the shows themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1