3 buffs, 3 nerfs... a lot of theory

Nagi21

33 minutes ago, Nagi21 said:

Aeslin ignores LOS from any severe terrain she's touching so technically she is also somewhat immune to concealment to a more limited degree, same with the waldgeists, except their in a... weak spot right now.

That is kind of a consolation price in her case imo. Her best ability is Decay, not Tangling Roots, that one will get full disadvantages of the terrain and it's not an ability that get much out of Focused; she cannot navigate well that map and has 5 movement with no extra movement ability, she will be quite limited. Maybe with the Rider babysitting her to cross forests she could do something, but it's still far from her best scenario.

Waldgeist aren't awesome I agree, but in that kind of map have to be playable... they can ambush without discarding a card for extra movement and double scheme, unimpeded movement, equivalent to regeneration 1 thanks to the terrain and their tangling roots have 3 nice triggers.

On 1/10/2020 at 4:09 AM, Adran said:

If I was making a forest board for M3 rules I would use multiple sections of forest as individual clumps. Nothing would be more than 4" square or so (to avoid the worse of the abuses), but I would not object to making a board that was covered in lots of Severe patches for an event. I do like the boards to have a range of different challenges at the events I play to try and encourage people to build the list to deal with those challenges .  (That said, the argument of No, I wouldn't play Pandora on that board, I'd play Titania because she'd do much better is a fair counter.  It does lead to the slightly circular argument that you pick the emissary in games that suit it, but the games that suit it are also the games that suit Titania. ).

Also the emissary has some shenanigans with Lucius and getting Roots From Below copied by the Dopple and Agent 46 for extra uses(albeit without any  terrain being made). 

That's a good point. Lucius has all his investigators theme that may use an extra ranged attack able to inflict staggered. And extra uses of it may work quite well as it attacks in Mv and it also has a quicksand trigger, so it'll be better versus already staggered models. The only negative point is the emissary is an enforcer, so he can only be obeyed through Laywers. It's interesting to note how crippling Grasping Tentacles are versus staggered models tho; a Mv6 model get reduced to the equivalent to Mv2.

There is actually a nice combo with Lucius...

Investigators have the "Stand Back! It's Evidence!" aura that let them push models away from scheme markers and the crew has several triggers and abilities to create them, those pushes may be used to move models into hazardous markers dealing damage, clumping models and setting up roots from bellow with the :-flipfor some nasty blasts. False claim in fact is quite good for this, it could move 2 models with just one action (or one twice, but Hazardous cannot be triggered more than once per action).

EDIT:

Another way to put those markers in good use is with Obeys and Bring it. A charge/bring it generate an extra action, so a model forced to charge/move and attack into a Hazardous marker will get 2 damage from it. The obey may be easy to set up with Zoraida (just obey an enemy to charge into another enemy already stuck in the marker), but the bring it one seems a bit harder.