M3e Bayou Keyword Rankings

rober695

So the other faction forums have this thread. So I figured I would try it out over here. I guess just to kick it off:

S Tier - Swampfiend, Tricksey

High Tier - Infamous, Versatile, Tri-Chi

Mid - Sooey, Wizz Bang, Kin, Big Hat

Low - Maybe none?

I think the faction is in a pretty good space right now. I don't really know that we have any bad masters. And most of them feel like they could do every strat. But some def feel better than others. In my games WizzBang has been pretty lackluster. And I am sure it comes down to player skill. But Big Hat feels like it takes more effort to do less than the higher teir masters. What do you guys think?

1 hour ago, rober695 said:

I just mean. That Bayou seems to have some of the best Versatile models in the game. Just seemed worth mentioning. Not that you would take a crew of only Versatile models haha. 

I'm not so sure on that.

One thing I find with Bayou is a lot of keywords don;t have the strongest synergy, I consider infamous for instance very strong, but my typical infamous crew is probably 50% versatile or OOK models.

Tricksey, Kin, swampfiend and Wizz-bang (to a lesser degree) imo don't really need to play in their keyword to be strong

• Like 1

I think Kin needs to be bumped up the ladder to Mid Tier, but for the most part I dislike this sort of ranking because its highly subjective. I know people who can win every game with Mah and yet I can barely scrape wins out with her. Conversely i have only lost like 2 games with Brewmaster so far and I've played him a lot. Player skill brings a huge amount of agency and for the most part the gap in keyword power is low enough that outside some pretty obvious answers its hard to really make a determination. 

Also keyword vs specific master is a thing too. As a keyword Swampfiend is kinda meh especially when you compare to Tricksy but Z is very strong. 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Mrbedlam said:

the most part I dislike this sort of ranking because its highly subjective

That's the point. Those tiers should be more like:

- I win with it most of time

- I often win with it

- I win with it sometimes

- I don't know how to win with it/I don't have enough experience

14 minutes ago, Scoffer said:

That's the point. Those tiers should be more like:

- I win with it most of time

- I often win with it

- I win with it sometimes

- I don't know how to win with it/I don't have enough experience

Which will be different for every player. Some people have unlocked Wong others havent

31 minutes ago, Mrbedlam said:

Which will be different for every player. Some people have unlocked Wong others havent

.... some people have no desire to play Wong at all, like me; he would get a 0 ranking then.  And even I know he's not a 0.