Black Friday sale shipping

Griautis

3 hours ago, farmoar said:

Well, if you still don't have it shipped for order 28373, I guess I'm out of luck before the new year with order 28863 :(

Wyrd doesn't ship based on pure numerical order of Order number.  I got shipping notification today (~3 hours before this post) for Order 29130.  In the past, there have been occasions where I have received my order prior to receiving any notification of shipping.

/begin speculation

Myself and others have speculated that Wyrd prints out all of the orders in a big stack, cuts the stack into piles, allocates each of these stacks to a packer, who then completes packing of their own pile of orders (which may or may not be in numerical order).  Luck of getting a fast packer (or easy to pack orders in front of yours) as well as where your order sheet ends up in the pile is what determines when your order gets shipped.

/end speculation

Whether that speculation is correct or not, it may make you feel better to believe it is correct and just hope that your packer packs faster.

35 minutes ago, Cats Laughing said:

Wyrd doesn't ship based on pure numerical order of Order number.  I got shipping notification today (~3 hours before this post) for Order 29130.  In the past, there have been occasions where I have received my order prior to receiving any notification of shipping.

/begin speculation

Myself and others have speculated that Wyrd prints out all of the orders in a big stack, cuts the stack into piles, allocates each of these stacks to a packer, who then completes packing of their own pile of orders (which may or may not be in numerical order).  Luck of getting a fast packer (or easy to pack orders in front of yours) as well as where your order sheet ends up in the pile is what determines when your order gets shipped.

/end speculation

Whether that speculation is correct or not, it may make you feel better to believe it is correct and just hope that your packer packs faster.

Thanks. That makes a bit more sense for a smaller company when doing large batches of orders.

Now I have my fingers crossed that all of my models will still be in stock...

1 hour ago, farmoar said:

Thanks. That makes a bit more sense for a smaller company when doing large batches of orders.

Now I have my fingers crossed that all of my models will still be in stock...

Well, I hope that the store software keeps track of stock and this is not gonna be a problem... 

I ordered a massive order (7+ freebies) in hour one of the sale and got an email last Thursday saying that Miss Deed was OOS and that I needed to pick another option. Emailed them back an hour later, but no news yet. I'm hoping it's because I told them I also had a replacement part request in so they're making sure everything is ok before it ships.

This is my first Wyrd sale experience, but I'm really happy with how open and honest they've been through everything. Tiny awesome company is worth the occasional delays, IMO.

For informational purposes:

Received Order today (notification received Thursday, I now live on the East Coast of the US).  Ross Jebson was not in package, instead a note that he's being mailed separately was included.

(No Archie from my Gencon order, but I'm not surprised if that is coming separately, it would probably be a waste time to have them check if I'm waiting on Archie from Gencon while packing my Black Friday order)

Ordered only special edition models, so as in previous occasions, no boxing included with models (iirc: no boxes have been made for special edition models).

2 hours ago, archivista said:

I ordered a massive order (7+ freebies) in hour one of the sale and got an email last Thursday saying that Miss Deed was OOS and that I needed to pick another option. Emailed them back an hour later, but no news yet. I'm hoping it's because I told them I also had a replacement part request in so they're making sure everything is ok before it ships.

This is my first Wyrd sale experience, but I'm really happy with how open and honest they've been through everything. Tiny awesome company is worth the occasional delays, IMO.

Aw man :( that is sad news about Miss Deed. I actually wanted her for a tech pick for Hamelin, and settled for Ross Jebsen as my second pick for TTB purposes. I never had a 3rd choice. Then again, I am still waiting for the order to be fulfilled.