Master/Keyword to complement Molly/Forgotten

Butch

I'd recommend Yan Lo and the Retainers. It's a very tough/killy keyword to balance out her scheming ability and an elite one to balance out her more minion focused playstyle. Also, Archie and Manos have great synergy together, especially when taken into a Yan Lo crew with Chiaki. The only issue is that Yan Lo's new box isn't out yet and there's gonna be some overlap with his old between boxes (Ashigaru are in the Eternal Servitude box now)

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

@DeathinaboxI never thought of Yan lo, I'll give him a look. Don't know if I like his new art, so maybe I'll give his beard a shot.

@Maniacal_cackle Mc Mourning is one of the masters I already thought of. I like his fluff and to go Zombie heavy. I don't have a playstile yet - atm it's n00b.

@Fetid Strumpet Kira was on my list too. Thnaks.

@newsun Sounds great. Thanks

20 hours ago, thewrathchilde said:

What are you looking for? A keyword that is good for the pools where Molly isn’t the first choice? For the match-ups that are tougher for her? Or something that works well with some models you already have making the expansion easier? Etc?

This: A keyword that is good for the pools where Molly isn’t the first choice?

But if you have a suggestion for the tougher Match-ups I'll be reading with interest too!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 7:20 AM, Butch said:

This: A keyword that is good for the pools where Molly isn’t the first choice?

But if you have a suggestion for the tougher Match-ups I'll be reading with interest too!

Generally Molly is one of my go to choices in Plant and in Turf; but she can really play all of then depending on how you build the crew. I will play her into Reckoning with an elite build and have played her into Idols as well though she isn't my preference for that unless the schemes really favor her Usually it is in the attrition games and against crews with either a lot of (+) flips to hit or lots of things that can ignore terrifying where I look for some other choices. 

In Ressers we have a lot of masters that can compete well in just about every strategy so you can go almost any direction but there are a few I like to complement Molly:

1) Kirai gives you a solid Idols master that can also play into Turf and Idols. I have played Kirai into Reckoning as well but she usually isn't my first pick as she gives away models in Reckoning as well. She also gives you a great choice for terrain heavy boards and gives you some anti-armor. Down side to Kirai is not my first pick for Reckoning and almost none of the models cross over so you are making another big investment in models and time to add Urami.

2) Doc McMourning plays well into Idols with the resiliency and healing in his crew. Most of his crew doesn't rely on terrifying for defense and can be a good option against  crews with a lot of Ruthless and the healing is a good counter to things like Kaeris that want to stack Burning on you as it can mitigate the damage there. Doc also plays pretty good into Reckoning as well and can play into Turf and Plant though I generally don't take him in Plant unless its Standard Deployment. The Rogue Necromancy also works well with Doc and in his keyword so you get a head start from a Molly crew when you move into Doc. 

3) Seamus is another good option as well. He is more and more my go to master for Reckoning and although he isn't my choice for Idols with the right things in his list either he or Molly can get it done. Like Doc a nice things about Seamus is you get some cross over as if you already have the Rider (versatile) for Molly then he works well with Seamus. Similarly if you have the Emissary to give you another beater in a Forgotten crew it works well in a Redchapel crew also. Downside to Seamus is there are other "key" models you may want in a Seamus crew (a Nurse) that also force you to branch over into another keyword or box. 

From an efficiency standpoint it's probably easiest to go Molly > Doc > Seamus. Since you already have Molly then get the starter box for Doc and using it + the Rogue Necro which you already have and then Kentauroi you have a good start. Add Gassers (1) and Rafkin and you are pretty much good to go. Then when you move to Seamus you already have the Rider, Emissary, and Nurse so you really only need him, the Copycat, and Doxies. 

Just my opinion, probably wrong, YMMV, etc, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1