Asami Tanka vs. Seamus 12.7.19

Forgotten

Ten Thunders vs Resurrectionists

Asami vs. Seamus
Flank Deployment, Krampus
Scheme Pool: Breakthrough, Harness the Leyline, Take Prisoner, Assassinate, Deliver a Message
55ss game

Ten Thunders:

• Asami 
  • Amanjaku
  • Ama No Zako
  • Yasunori
  • Minako Rei
  • Huckster
  • Ohaguro Bettari
  • Akaname

Vs.
Resurrectionists:

• Seamus
  • Copycat Killer
  • Madame Sybelle
  • Bete Noire
  • Carrion Emissary
  • 3 Rotten Belles
  • Dead Doxy

Resurrectionists win 3-2 - 1 for Strat, 2 for Take Prisoner; TT - 1 for Strat, 1 for Breakthrough

This was the second round of the Mali-Food Tournament and the strategy was a story event: The Krampus. The Krampus would come into being at the center of the board at the end of round one and move towards the nearest model, then do a melee 3” attack on all models in range, or do a melee 1” attack on all models in range. To score VP, teams must do an amount of damage equal to the round # of the game. He also gained Shielded +X, where X is the turn number, so it took some doing.

Round 1 - Seamus was setup on the left and I had chosen Assassinate so I setup on the right ready to set up a turn 2 take down. Bete Noir activated and put herself within a 2nd AP charge of the Yasunori, who took the bait. Bete Noir got smacked for red-joker damage, then she reduced and buried. A Sorrow ran up into engagement with Yasunori. Ama No Zako moved up to setup a 2nd round charge range of Seamus. But then Whammo… it’s a mistaken identity… and Seamus is now in range to shoot the Yasunori for severe damage, ouch. He then charged and Yas and got the rider down to 1 Health left. Amanjaku chased after Ama. A Belle lured the Akaname, and I was all too happy to let the little garbage eater walk into that group of lovelies. The Akaname waded into the mix of the three belles and Doxy, and smacked the Doxy and slowed her, then released his stank and smiled. This was all near the Centerpoint of the map and the Krampus was nearing his entrance time. One of the Belles had overextended, but Sybelle was not in a position to help out. Asami used her Reaching Tendrils to pull Ohaguro towards Seamus’ position. She then moved towards Seamus’ position and summoned an Obsidian Oni to prep for Krampus’ entrance. The Huckster did his scheme and scrap generator and then started getting into position to scheme for Breakthrough. The Carrion Emissary moved into a position then did an excavation and got a mindless zombie to pop into engagement with Ama. Minako summoned a Katashiro then moved into position to charge the mindless zombie on the second round. The Katashiro went within three inches of Asami.

End of Round - The Krampus comes in and doesn’t have to move as there are already targets within 3”. He does his attack hitting some of the belles and gently petting the Akaname, because he’d been a really good boy this year.

No points scored.

Round 2 - Resurrectionists win Initiative, and Seamus kills Yasunori. Seamus then moves behind a building, thinking he’s out of range of the Ohaguro; a surprise awaits. Minako charges the mindless zombie. Bete pops up with corpse marker and beats on Minako, much to her chagrin, gets the Karmic Fate upgrade and when she does damage again, she pulls herself down to 1 health left along with Minako, but then the rezzer player decides she can bury herself and heal… but that is a defensive/willpower opposed duel, which this is not. I couldn’t convince him otherwise, so he buried. Otherwise, an Ama No Zako would had some dinner. However, she did get to eat, but we’ll get to that. The Obisidian Oni charged the Krampus doing the damage needed for the strat point and put himself in a position to then walk around into the midst of the Belles and Doxie, then blew up setting the lovelies on fire and doing some more damage. One of the belles melted down. Sybelle pulled the Doxy out and patted her down then called one of the other Belles back. The Akaname waded on in, took a swing and missed, and poisoned the belles, sybelle and doxy. This guy was great. The Sorrow took a swing at a katashiro and did some damage. Ama then lunched on a lovely piece of Copycat Killer. Somehow the Doxy, and remaining Belles were able to put themselves out of range of the Krampus, but Asami was not paying attention. With the success of the other Akaname, Asami summoned another Akaname and did a Mother’s Love on it then used reaching tendrils to get it into position to charge Seaumus. This left Asami the closest model to Krampus. The Akaname charged in and slowed Seamus. And poisoned him, then faded away. Then came Ohaguro’s Diving Charge, missing on the first, then hitting on the second taking him to just below half. I waited for him to use a stone, but he didn’t. He wrote the damage on his card, then I said, “Assassinate”, and then he says, Oh, yeah, I have a ss to use. I’m going to reduce damage… reducing one, taking him above half. Not cool, not cool at all. Choice word, choice word. 

End of round two: The Krampus activates and moves towards the nearest figure, which was supposedly Asami, but upon reflection, I think the Carrion Emissary could’ve been closer, but he was behind a building that was blinding me from his positioning. I was already convinced Asami was the target, that I didn’t take another look. He came in and missed his attack on Asami.

TT: 1 point for strat; Rez: 1 point for strat and 1 point for Take Prisoner on the Akaname (LOL!)

Round 3 - Last round was called. Rezzers won initiative again. Seamus disappears. I was intent on getting my Assassinate point that I moved Minako to try to hit him, missed. Carrion Emissary charged Minako and killed her doing a point of damage to Bete. The Huckster was in range, so I popped her in for a swing at Seamus and missed. Ama set a scheme marker down to ready for Breakthrough. Sybelle did some shenanigans to get free of the Akaname and ran over to deny. The Katashiro came in from the other side and got the point with last turn called. The Akaname survived, though I was going to pop him, but couldn’t get the activation in to deny the point. Or maybe the flicker wouldn’t deny the point. Not sure. I’ll have to look that one up.

TT: 1 point for breakthrough; Rez 1 point for Take Prisoner
Rez win 3-2

• Like 2

On 12/10/2019 at 4:14 AM, Forgotten said:

Bete pops up with corpse marker and beats on Minako, much to her chagrin, gets the Karmic Fate upgrade and when she does damage again, she pulls herself down to 1 health left along with Minako, but then the rezzer player decides she can bury herself and heal… but that is a defensive/willpower opposed duel, which this is not. I couldn’t convince him otherwise, so he buried.

Not sure What means this. Bette reduces damage to bury herself, how could she be left at 1 wd, then bury and even heal herself? 

14 hours ago, Zebo said:

Not sure What means this. Bette reduces damage to bury herself, how could she be left at 1 wd, then bury and even heal herself? 

Bete can only bury when she has her Df or Wp targeted by an enemy attack (and gets the trigger off), and the trigger can't reduce the damage below 1.

There also isn't any healing associated with it. Based on the description the resser player mis read the ability or didn't know the rules. ( It might be that the original poster has got the situation wrong also, but based on what I think they wrote happened, Bete can't bury)

• Thanks 1