Tale of my woes.

Regelridderen

8-1? Poor guy, Spartan coachin right there :D

Comiting the Agent early was a big mistake imo; that's the best ofensive model of the crew that could had pressured you better shooting with one of the mimicked guns. The paler rider missing from that crew probably also hurted him; not only is the best rider but also great in a game like this one (Ride with me, Ruthless and Wp7); plus also bring a decent gun for the Agent. I guess he noticed, but Lucius has very good condition removal between Dispel Magic (Scribe) and Purification trigger (Lucius).

6 hours ago, Ogid said:

8-1? Poor guy, Spartan coachin right there :D

Comiting the Agent early was a big mistake imo; that's the best ofensive model of the crew that could had pressured you better shooting with one of the mimicked guns. The paler rider missing from that crew probably also hurted him; not only is the best rider but also great in a game like this one (Ride with me, Ruthless and Wp7); plus also bring a decent gun for the Agent. I guess he noticed, but Lucius has very good condition removal between Dispel Magic (Scribe) and Purification trigger (Lucius).

Absolutely.

He never really got to leverage his firepower, and since the agent was the second last model to activate T1, it was only then, I learned, that he’d misunderstood the Mimic mechanic, and for a big part didn’t have a big understanding of the inherent synergy in his crew. He got the hang of it going on, but couldn’t really save himself from the bad positioning, even less so when he was simply punished by his deck.

About the ‘spartan coaching’; I definitely prefer playing games, that are tighter, rather than ‘crushing n00bs’, and had he said beforehand, that he didn’t have a good grasp of his team, I’d definitely offered more help devising a strategy. As it were things were just screwed from the beginning. I don’t think, there is much point in ‘pulling punches’ and playing badly vs less experienced players, there aren’t any useful lessons in this. I’d rather up the communication during the game ‘I’m moving this model to accomplish this, try and stop me’ and ‘I see, what you’re doing with that model, but have you considered doing it in this other way, that will screw me over more’. And we only played to 4-1, when there was no more lessons to learn, the final score was just simple math, no point in dragging out a defeat. So I think, he’ll be much better prepared for his next game.

He was actually, quite good at removing conditions, forcing me to leverage the Sz3 of the Poltergeist to sabotage his LoS - It was actually my first game to really leverage the Polter model, before his usually been on marker removal duty and done great at that, but it was his first time to really get in there and leverage his Distraction and Weeping, which again made short work of the Agent.

• Like 2

On 1/30/2020 at 2:22 PM, Regelridderen said:

The rider got Obeyed into hitting Serena for 5, but that was about it my opponent managed to do, while a Sorrow carried out its Vendetta vs a Lawyer, who then got killed. 

Question, did the Sorrow kill the Lawyer?  Because if so you only get the one point for Vendetta if the Sorrow lives to the end of the game.

On 2/1/2020 at 9:03 AM, Nagi21 said:

Question, did the Sorrow kill the Lawyer?  Because if so you only get the one point for Vendetta if the Sorrow lives to the end of the game.

Nope, the Sorrow actually had to cheat its damage down to keep the Lawyer alive for its activation. It died due to Misery or Life Leech later in the turn.  

Wedge, Harness, Ruins should be doable for Pandora. Mind transmortis (RES in general) outmaneouver Pandora hard tho.

Versus Transmortis your best call is being careful with squishy models as they can (and will) be used to summon students. Baby Kade, Iggy, Sorrows and Aversions could backfire hard... Lyssas on the other hand may be a wonderful source of cheap misery auras/AP and are bellow 5SS (the cheapest summonable minion for transmortis). Careful with Armor as they have the students of steel with Analyze Weakness. And mind also their annoying auras: Academic Superiority (Schtook), Gravity Well (Anna) and Hostile Work Enviroment (Anna).

Good luck! Butcher him like you did with his name! :D

2 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

Von Schmuck 

Also, expect this the first turn:

11 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

My next opponent will take Von Schmuck into :

Corrupted Idols

Wedge

Breakthrough

Harness the Ley Line

Search the Ruins

Outflank

Advice is welcome, as it’ll be my first time facing Transmortis, and I will of course be bringing Lady P into a setup, that really doesn’t look to favor her.

I think Dreamer is really good for corrupted idols generally, and possibly matches up well against the Valedictorian. Anna Lovelace will be a major pain though (stops model placement), so would have to have a plan for her.

Should be easy to secure breakthrough and outflank.

They also can't summon students off of most of your summons, so the model costs line up poorly for them. Careful of insidious madness though!

Whatever crew you choose, be prepared for a massively powerful alpha strike at the end of turn one.

Just now, Regelridderen said:

@Maniacal_cackle

Sadly there is no choice of crew, as its a fixed Master league. 

I was thinking, to go heavy on WP defences. Try out the Aversions to thwart the alpha strike, and focus on Terrifying enforcers etc. 

Lol, sorry, I got in a Dreamer craze and started recommending him everywhere, forgetting this thread is about Pandora xD

Wicked dolls with ancient pact could be good. If he alpha strikes one, it is not a big loss for you (as your counterattack will cost him a much bigger model), and he can't summon off of them. Aversions may not prevent an alpha strike, but will at least eat resources (so for instance if you're able to spam some executes with carver?). Be careful of 7-8 cost models, those will be the sweet spot for him to summon students easily.

Pandora's self-loathing will be pretty awesome some of the time, but careful using it against the valedictorian (it will typically hit for one damage). Teddy will be much stronger at tearing her apart if he gets a chance, but he isn't maneuverable enough to do it... Fortunately ping damage is great against armor, and your crew will have it by the bucket loads.

Transmortis has amazing triggers, so make good use of your stuns. For that reason, it could be worth fielding some sorrows. At most he can summon one necropunk a turn off of them, and if he does that, it is his only summon. I don't think you can try to stop him from getting a summon every turn (the crew is designed to get those summons), but hopefully you can stop him getting a student on key turns.

I only know Transmortis in theory (and will likely buy the crew soon), so sorry I can't be more helpful!

• Like 1

So I finally met von Schmuck, and got a good beating from a great game. 

Corrupted Idols   P2 vs VS3

Wedge

Breakthrough  P0 vs VS2

Harness the Ley Line VS1

Search the Ruins

Outflank P2

Shtook, Totem, Valedictorian, 2 Undergraduates, 2 Necropunks and Arrrrchie!

Pandora, Poltergeist, Carver, Candy, Serena, Miss Ery and Baby Kade

TURN 1

Shtook placed the idol to the edge of my left flank. And the brunt of our forces marched that way, one of his necropunks reached the idol, but didn’t toss it. Terrain forced Teddy and Kade to go right, where a necropunk headed as well. Arrrchie went last and lonely towards the center. Blows were exchanged as a teleporting undergraduate engaged the Poltergeist, pushed it to my table edge and through a combination of Black Jokers they exchanged blows until turn 5.

One funny trick I tried out; realizing Candy’d been left too far behind, I used Glimpse of Insanity to stun Pandora and use the mask trigger for an 8” to get some extra speed. Pandora would be first to activate next, and I rarely get to use her triggers anyway.

TURN 2

I hit iniative with a 13 of crows and suddenly an idol appeared on the right edge giving Teddy and Kade a new purpose, they were overtaken by a necropunk, who tossed it to my half, before Kade and Teddy tore him apart, but could only put it back on the centerline.

At the other flank the necropunk tossed the other idol and dumped a scheme marker, while the Valedictorian and Carver began a protracted duel. Supported by Shtook the 2nd undergraduate Pandora, Serena and Candy.

Arrrchie! Found himself all alone in the middle and the numbskull dumped two scheme markers on the centerline.

So at the end of the round Shtook took two points from Harness and Idols.

TURN 3

I flipped another 13 of crows for initiative, forcing my opponent to cheat the red joker, if Kade and Teddy shouldn’t just sit on it. The random suit then placed the idol right between Teddy/Kade and Arrrchie! building up for a monstrous duel. Arrrchie! Went first and chugged the idol into my half, I cursed, but in return I sent Teddy in his face, but didn’t hit “Curses!”. Kade chugged the Idol on the right edge into Shtooks half (and had himself and Teddy healed via *Where’s my Teddy*, before Teddy took on Arrrchie.

On the other side, things were going bad for the Carver, but Pandora, Candy and Serena managed to deal with the undergraduate and necropunk, and Pandora moved into position to secure Outflank and more importantly protect Carver via mood swings.

So Shtook took another point from Idols, and I took my first. While his Totem schemed for Breakthrough and Kade and Pandora took Outflank.

TURN 4

Another Idol hit the center and was left for Von Shtook and his Totem, I cursed, and got distracted, and before I knew it, the Valedictorian was flipping for Terrifying against Carver, and I complete forgot Mood Swings and your friendly neighbourhood scarecrow went down and a student of Steel appeared in his stead “Curses! Foiled again!”. But in return Teddy ripped Arrrchie! in half. While Kade was tethered to the edge to secure Outflank.

In the middle Von Shtook tossed the idol to my half, and on the left flank, Pandora, Serena and Candy bled the Valedictorian for stones, but only managed to bring him to 1 life. And were still unable to secure the icon.

So Shtook took his third idol point.

TURN 5

Initiative was a funny thing, I flipped and won, but my 13 ram would place it right in Von Shtooks lap. My opponent cheated a 10 of masks to foil my attempts to cheat for a better position, so I cheated to lose, so my opponents mask placed the idol right behind Teddy. Instead Von Shtook and the totem secured breakthrough. While the Poltergeist finally managed to kill the undergraduate - before he would teleport out and steal Teddy’s Idol. Teddy took the idol and tossed it back into shtooks half, foiling any dreams of scoring a fourth strategy point and earning my second. 

On the left flank Pandora’s Mood Swing returned with a vengeance foiling the Student of Steels chance to heal the undergraduate and forcing the undergraduate to activate - with 1 life, right next to Candy.

So in the end, Shtook secured breakthrough, while I got my second point for Outflank and Idols 

FINAL SCORE 4 - 6

A great game vs a nasty and mobile crew.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

TURN 5

Initiative was a funny thing, I flipped and won, but my 13 ram would place it right in Von Shtooks lap. My opponent cheated a 10 of masks to foil my attempts to cheat for a better position, so I cheated to lose, so my opponents mask placed the idol right behind Teddy. 

You could have saved a card. Whilst the suit of the person with initative decides the placement, the person with the highest number decides the person who has initiative, so you could have chosen von sctook anyway. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Wow, brutal!! I want to buy this crew even more now xD

The crew runs like a well-oiled machine. The card draw is insane, and the speed even more so. A really powerful crew. 

If I should say anything negative, it seems a little too straightforward. But maybe its different on the other side of the board. 

• Thanks 1

Sounds it went well for being the first time versus him; transmortis is scary. It seems he couldn't summon anything until turn 4, which is good.

I'm surprised Kade wasn't killed to summon an student tbh. With fast and the totem, she can move 18'' and attack twice, with Focused+2 Kade should had been reasonably easy to kill in one activation in turn 2; or in the duel with Archie, he could had been an easy pick off. Why did he ignore the baby?

How did you find Candy versus him? Her aura is always great, but self-loathing is quite bad versus them with their H2W+Armor and min 2 damage. Did she pay off?

3 hours ago, Ogid said:

Sounds it went well for being the first time versus him; transmortis is scary. It seems he couldn't summon anything until turn 4, which is good.

I'm surprised Kade wasn't killed to summon an student tbh. With fast and the totem, she can move 18'' and attack twice, with Focused+2 Kade should had been reasonably easy to kill in one activation in turn 2; or in the duel with Archie, he could had been an easy pick off. Why did he ignore the baby?

How did you find Candy versus him? Her aura is always great, but self-loathing is quite bad versus them with their H2W+Armor and min 2 damage. Did she pay off?

Kade had Inhuman Reflexes (Pandora had Eldritch Might, neither of the upgrades came to use). He was more concerned with securing the first idol with the Valedictorian, so there never was an alpha strike, and they ended up on completely opposite flanks. There was something nice about Kade/Teddy in Idols; the instans healing from Where’s Teddy allowed them to go off on their own and toss idols, and the massive threat they pose is a real deterrent.

I was quite at odds about taking Candy in the first place for those reasons, but Corrupted Innocense and Temper Tantrum is great, and she gave Serena a lot of extra speed, but she definitely wasn’t having the impact she usually does, and as my opponent was more concerned with Carver, she wasn’t the resource drain that she excels at. I would initially have included Coppelius in her place, but I forgot packing the model. Coppelius would have excelled against all the scheming, and with the three other nightmares and his speed - and having a third min3 beater.

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2020 at 8:22 AM, Regelridderen said:

So up next will be Parker Barrows in the same Strat/Scheme as Von Shtook. 

Feels like another bad matchup, very schemey game vs a very shooty and schemey crew. It’ll be a hoot.

It's a terrible match up for Pandora lol; you have all her "favourite" things in the same game: mobility based schemes, an elusive gunline, :+flipto duels...

I'd recomend you the same strategy than with Von Schtook: Make yourself strong in an area, focus in control the strategy and score at least 3 points from schemes. Give up the rest of the map, you can't outrun them and you will be kited to death if you try; kill anything that come close to the area you are controlling. You may try to do a denial run in the last turns with Iggy/Poltergeist tho.

The worse part is all schemes require scheme markes and almost every Parker's model has anti-scheming abilities. But I think all his denial abilities require LoS and are more or less close range, so you may try to deny his denial with 40 or 50mm models on top of the schemes and murdering anything that come close to them. A Cyclops or Aestlin could pay off to stack scheme markers under a 40/50mm model (Mad Dog has Blow it to hell so maybe Aestlin, but a Cyclop + Lyssas may be another choice, idk), stealth models may be good to force them to get close and another important choice are also Lure/Bring it to has some kill potential if they try to poke you. I think they have little anti-Incorporeal tech; so minions seems legit in this one (but careful with Armored models as Mad Dog has a built in ignore armor trigger).

IDK, it seems like an uphill game. Good luck!

Its gonna be an uphill battle, but I am more positive than vs Shtook. The Parker crew haven’t got great condition removal and WP defenses, and looks to be fairly reliant on triggers. So Stun and Terrifying looks to be fine tools against them. Biggest problem is, there is no way in hell, that I can outscheme them, so I’ll need to stomp them good before scoring.

I was thinking something like this :

Pandora, Poltergeist, Candy, Coppelius, Miss Ery, Baby Kade, 2 x Sorrows, 5 Stones.

Coppelius / Candy can deny the Bandits Fast / give Slow. Kade and Teddy can do their thing and run fairly Independent. Coppelius and Teddy should be able to weather the worst of the damage the bandits can throw at them. Supported by the mobility of Sorrows and the girls Self Loathing. While both Coppelius and the Poltergeist have great anti-scheming abilities.

Schemewise, I think, my crew is too killy to Hold their forces, and Outflank is the only other scheme that doesn’t require scheme markers. Since my crew is fairly slow, I want to avoid having to go to the other half, so Breakthrough and Search the ruinsmight not be such a great idea, leaving me with Harness the Ley Line. So Harness and Outflank would be my schemes. 

That is, at least for now... I’m also looking at models like Carver, Rider, Hinamatsu and Inhuman Reflexes, and I kinds miss them ;)

Note : I’m not much for proxies, and I have nothing but nightmares and woes to choose from (+Hinamatsu and the rider).

I've only played one game against Parker, but I imagine he will struggle to get Outflank. Breakthrough will be tricky as he doesn't want to get that close to your crew. So Search and Harness seem pretty likely (though harness + outflank is pretty good combo).  Not sure what the fifth scheme is?

I don't see a fifth scheme listed, but in a vacuum I'd go for Outflank + something (probably Breakthrough for one point). If you're taking Outflank, you'll be in a solid position for several idols and denying his outflank and harness, while giving you the opportunity to score. If it comes to a brawl on the flanks, you'll probably win (although careful of him shooting you down and then snagging the flanks turns 4/5).

If you take outflank, Rider seems crucial. No other model that I can think of is as good at securing that turn 5 Outflank positioning.

Parker has CRAZY healing, so make sure to finish off pieces. He'll be doing lots of 'move an idol, heal up, do it again.' So you want to punish him in any window with low health models (although you're so kill-y that you can possibly kill all his healers).

Pandora (the model, not the crew) is going to be very strong in this matchup - At Gunpoint, chesterfield shotgun, all the 2/4/5 damage tracks, stick up, etc... Focus would be super helpful (for the 2/4/5 damage tracks), so it may pay to focus turn one with Pandora and then use a rider to give her extra move.

Iggy seems like a given. His crew heavily relies on dropping scheme markers (friend and foe), so having constant ammo for Iggy seems sweeettttt.

EDIT: Wicked dolls with ancient pacts could be really useful here, but you don't have them I assume? There could be a funky build with 2x daydream with ancient pact, Teddy + Carver... So worth considering doing something completely out of the box like that.

• Like 1

I'm really curious about how that would work...

If you are going to go agressive, wouldn't it be better Breakthrough? In Wedge it's quite near and the first point at least would be quite easy. It's true the scheme markers aren't ideal versus parker; but going for the agressive play, you will find yourself in his DZ anyway and most of your models will be there controlling the zone and making hard for him to deny. Also having all your models there may help you to invade successfully