Jump to content
Dark Reaper

What Would You Errata? (in Guild)

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Mycellanious said:

But Wyrd intentionally makes some aspects of a Keyword anti-synergistic in order to create interesting decisions. In this case, you need to choose whether leaving the Burning on a model to kill it later is more important than Dropping a Scheme Marker to score VP now, or whether its more important to keep burning on that model than to use it to heal your Thrall and keep it alive. 

In Chimera, only the Beasts are affected by the Adversary they give out. Marcus, Myranda, Paul , and Vogel do not benefit from it. Same thing with Myranda's heal, she CANNOT heal Vogel, Paul, or Marcus, the master. It would be very easy to include "Beasts OR CHIMERA" but Wyrd deliberately chose not to. Same thing with Chimera's Adaptive Evolution, not everyone has it so if you want to use your cool upgrade mechanic on the Rattler, that upgrade is not coming off. 

Maniqins and the Coryphee Duet cannot heal themselves or each other, as another example. Doc Mitchell can't use his Gun if Parker can see him or he dies is another. 

The crews with the anti-synergies are simply less effective.   Noone is playing marcus in events for this reason.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

The crews with the anti-synergies are simply less effective.   Noone is playing marcus in events for this reason.

I'm playing Marcus in events lmao, and I know Colette is doing well too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mycellanious said:

I'm playing Marcus in events lmao, and I know Colette is doing well too

I'll concede Colette is good, but I haven't seen anyone run marcus in any of the 4 events I've been to (granted I haven't checked every table).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I'll concede Colette is good, but I haven't seen anyone run marcus in any of the 4 events I've been to (granted I haven't checked every table).

I'm Tri-state, so we dont have large events...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mycellanious said:

I'm Tri-state, so we dont have large events...

According the TFW you don't do any events.  (though I think I saw an event near the end of the month in PA that I am going to try to go to).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I lack some experience with Sonnia in M3E, but so far a Witchling Handler + Stalker worked decently well for me as a scheming couple. I'm not saying that the Stalker couldn't use some tune-up (a free action or a :tome somewhere to put some burning), but between the +1Df and +1Wd I found them more reliable than the Sanctioned Spellcaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

According the TFW you don't do any events.  (though I think I saw an event near the end of the month in PA that I am going to try to go to).

 

We do events, but only 6 people attend at a time, and you need 8 to qualify. There's one at the end of Februrary in NJ that I think will qualify tho

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

The crews with the anti-synergies are simply less effective.   Noone is playing marcus in events for this reason.

Marcus seems fine... In the report for the LVO there were some NVB Marcus games (one of them was the player that got position 3 if I recall correctly); and that's NVB Marcus that is considered worse than ARC Marcus.

But now the link to the results seem broken tho 😞

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mycellanious said:

But Wyrd intentionally makes some aspects of a Keyword anti-synergistic in order to create interesting decisions. In this case, you need to choose whether leaving the Burning on a model to kill it later is more important than Dropping a Scheme Marker to score VP now, or whether its more important to keep burning on that model than to use it to heal your Thrall and keep it alive. 

In Chimera, only the Beasts are affected by the Adversary they give out. Marcus, Myranda, Paul , and Vogel do not benefit from it. Same thing with Myranda's heal, she CANNOT heal Vogel, Paul, or Marcus, the master. It would be very easy to include "Beasts OR CHIMERA" but Wyrd deliberately chose not to. Same thing with Chimera's Adaptive Evolution, not everyone has it so if you want to use your cool upgrade mechanic on the Rattler, that upgrade is not coming off. 

Maniqins and the Coryphee Duet cannot heal themselves or each other, as another example. Doc Mitchell can't use his Gun if Parker can see him or he dies is another. 

If Wyrd want to make an interesting decision out of it they should put the ability on a model that is a) worth taking, or b) relies on not removing the Burning for something else.  You'll notice I don't have the same complaint of anti-synergy with the Witchling Thrall, who also removes Burning to heal himself.  Or of Sonnia herself who uses Burning as fuel for Scorch the Soul, but also needs it to remain for Seeking Flames and Smothering Flames (which makes Scorch the Soul a gamble if the opposing model has a way to reduce the damage caused by it). The Queller is garbage, the Thrall is well worth taking (better synergy with other models: Witchling Handler for the extra move, Sonnia for the ability to summon it, No Love For Witchlings in general).

 

instead we get a model that removes the fuel that the key models our of the rest of the faction but doesn't add much except for a niche anti-summoning aura that they need to be close to use, and a conditional Scheme Marker drop, which honestly the Spellcaster serves the scheming purpose better (and cheaper).

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An idea for a Witchling Stalker and/or Thralls. 

Consumed by Flames

Remove all non-strategy markers within :new-Pulse:2. Kill this model. 

Allows them to be suicide bombers for irresistible damage and Burning, while also providing some interesting counter-scheme/marker tech that is seriously lacking in Witch Hunters and Guild. I reckon it's fairly balanced as it has the high cost of killing the model. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Da Git said:

An idea for a Witchling Stalker and/or Thralls. 

Consumed by Flames

Remove all non-strategy markers within :new-Pulse:2. Kill this model. 

Allows them to be suicide bombers for irresistible damage and Burning, while also providing some interesting counter-scheme/marker tech that is seriously lacking in Witch Hunters and Guild. I reckon it's fairly balanced as it has the high cost of killing the model. 

I like the idea but in a world where Bayou get the Twelve Cups of Coffee upgrade, an ability with a shorter range that kills the models would be incredibly harsh.

 

Thinking about it though, an adjustment that allows you to stack Burning on your models to achieve the same effect could work well.  That Burning could then be used as fuel for the Thrall's heal, or as something to improve the Quellers usefulness by allowing you to remove the Burning to drop a Scheme Marker of your own (with the obvious adjustment to that ability to remove the enemy only targeting restriction).  And if you can't deal with the Burning, the Witchling dies and gets to trigger it's Demise ability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, theamazingmrg said:

I like the idea but in a world where Bayou get the Twelve Cups of Coffee upgrade, an ability with a shorter range that kills the models would be incredibly harsh.

 

Thinking about it though, an adjustment that allows you to stack Burning on your models to achieve the same effect could work well.  That Burning could then be used as fuel for the Thrall's heal, or as something to improve the Quellers usefulness by allowing you to remove the Burning to drop a Scheme Marker of your own (with the obvious adjustment to that ability to remove the enemy only targeting restriction).  And if you can't deal with the Burning, the Witchling dies and gets to trigger it's Demise ability.

My idea is a little different, it removes ALL non-strategy markers, Scheme, Shadow, Ice Pillars, Piano. The killing the Witchling also has synergy as it triggers the demise effect. Sonnia can then summon in new stuff or ignore Cover/Concealing. Sure it's not something you're going to be using every turn (for one thing, you can't... you're dead!), but if your low on Health, you've finished your activation, it's a good way to finish off a model, put burning/damage on a cluster, set them up for Sonnia, etc. It was inspired by the Ronin's Seppuku action. The marker removal could be game-winning too. There would also be no TN or anything, it just happens.

Edit: Besides, this is Guild... They can't have anything cool without a huge cost! :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Da Git said:

My idea is a little different, it removes ALL non-strategy markers, Scheme, Shadow, Ice Pillars, Piano. The killing the Witchling also has synergy as it triggers the demise effect. Sonnia can then summon in new stuff or ignore Cover/Concealing. Sure it's not something you're going to be using every turn (for one thing, you can't... you're dead!), but if your low on Health, you've finished your activation, it's a good way to finish off a model, put burning/damage on a cluster, set them up for Sonnia, etc. It was inspired by the Ronin's Seppuku action. The marker removal could be game-winning too. There would also be no TN or anything, it just happens.

Edit: Besides, this is Guild... They can't have anything cool without a huge cost! :P

Yeah, I got that.  I just think killing a model as a cost is phenomenally expensive to the point of almost-never-usable.  Even though Witchlings are basically just slaves, I think forcing them to suicide is a bit of a stretch!  I do like the idea of them having some kind of marker removal though that could be worked into the crews strengths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theamazingmrg said:

Yeah, I got that.  I just think killing a model as a cost is phenomenally expensive to the point of almost-never-usable.  Even though Witchlings are basically just slaves, I think forcing them to suicide is a bit of a stretch!  I do like the idea of them having some kind of marker removal though that could be worked into the crews strengths.

I find it quite useful. I mean, you have a thrall, 1-2 wounds left. Charge, attack, attack, demise, and taking out markers? I don't think it's expensive at all. In fact, I see it as a good mechanic for the keyword witchling. I think the sanctioned spellcasters used to have something similar in M2E (I don't remember exactly bc I didn't use them too much). But I might be mistaken

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information