Ideas for upcoming errata (outcast)

Ming

15 minutes ago, Zebo said:

He's saying that if the damage is 2, Librarian don't suffer any damage at all. 

The wording of minimum 5, 4, & 3 damage being necessary to damage the shielded +3 Librarian makes me think he may be playing with the old beta shielded, otherwise why mention those numbers?

• Agree 2

I think all the equipment's fine, personally.  Grenade Belt's a little niche, I'll admit, but there's nothing wrong with that and I find it's helpful if I really need to double down on stuff that bypasses Manipulative/Terrifying.  Which is often, because my usual opponent is a Pandora main right now.

VS should probably not hand out equipment upgrades except maybe turn 1.  The tool chest is going to be handing out most of the upgrades.  In addition to actually handing them out, it lets you discard to cycle them - nice if you've got a Friekorpsmann sitting back there swapping between grenades and rockets.   Other than that the tool chest can give someone rocket boots at the right time, or hand out shielded.  Grenades are nice because of the "Burnt to a Crisp" trigger.  Oh, for damage?  Friekorpsmann have a bonus action you rarely want to use.  So if you give one a grenade, they actually get a free shockwave.  From that perspective, it's very good - the Friekorpsmann is sitting back there near the trunk firing rockets, getting grenades, tossing one, etc.  Really teaches the opponent not to clump up.  

If you do hand them out, you get a nice bonus.  I don't love most of them, but if you have a focused minion, you can use the crow trigger and have them Rocket Launcher with a :+flip:+flipand a :+flip to damage immediately.  That can be very good for punishing a major positioning error.  You are just here for severe damage on the blast.  A bit card intensive, but if they've screwed up bad enough for you to do it (typically a df 4 model next to a few important models) then it's more than worth it.

Land mines... could be looked at.  I feel like they could hand out burning at least.  No one would care if they handed out burning 1, or distracted 1 or what.  I get they don't want them to be pit traps, but wow they're bad.  They're kind of my standout "I never use this" bit of his kit.  The only reliable pushes are from Arik.  Which would actually be a decent Arik upgrade - let him ignore hazardous terrain.  He is inside a completely armored head-to-toe suit, it makes sense that things like pit traps don't really bug him.  Then he could punch someone back, diving charge them, punch them back, and get some good damage without getting a ton himself.

Land Mine buff: Arik gets "ignores hazardous terrain", Land Mines get "Burning 1".  

If you really want to help the VS crew, did you know if you baked Arik's bonus action in to his card no one would notice?  Really!  They'd be like "ah, he's 8 wounds, armor 2, does 1 damage any time you hurt him, 3/5/7 damage track, decent shockwaves.  Surprised he doesn't have a bonus action.  Seems reasonable for a 10 stone bruiser."  It's the most obnoxious bonus in the game, because it doesn't feel like he's reconfiguring or picking things, it feels like they took things off his card and are putting ONE of them back on.  Your face when you realize Hannah can copy it - but it's not good, and she doesn't want to.  

Unless that was meant to be "no way", Outcasts are not exactly flush with Obeys.  

Also if you check Charge Up, it works to the end step, so even if there were obeys, it's not like Arik would be losing out.  However that's entirely moot, outcasts as a faction basically do not get obeys, outside of some rat-specific stuff in Hamlin.  

Parker and Sue can push friendlies towards scheme markers, and Parker makes them shoot if bandits. 

Bandidos and Dead Outlaws can make people near to scheme markers to take actions. 

Von Schill can make people to use the equipment upgrades. 

Few pseudo-lures, but other shenanigans. 

• Respectfully Disagree 1

4 hours ago, RisingPhoenix said:

Yeah, but multiple of those (Bandidos, Dead Outlaws) are enemy only, VS is his upgrades only.  None of those would mean that all of a sudden Arik is making a bunch of out-of-activation attacks.  How does that answer even make sense in context?

models and alternate abilities are going to be added, right? Wyrd still wants to sell stuff

16 hours ago, RisingPhoenix said:

Land mines... could be looked at.  I feel like they could hand out burning at least.  No one would care if they handed out burning 1, or distracted 1 or what.  I get they don't want them to be pit traps, but wow they're bad.  They're kind of my standout "I never use this" bit of his kit.  The only reliable pushes are from Arik.  Which would actually be a decent Arik upgrade - let him ignore hazardous terrain.  He is inside a completely armored head-to-toe suit, it makes sense that things like pit traps don't really bug him.  Then he could punch someone back, diving charge them, punch them back, and get some good damage without getting a ton himself.

Land Mine buff: Arik gets "ignores hazardous terrain", Land Mines get "Burning 1".  

If you really want to help the VS crew, did you know if you baked Arik's bonus action in to his card no one would notice?  Really!  They'd be like "ah, he's 8 wounds, armor 2, does 1 damage any time you hurt him, 3/5/7 damage track, decent shockwaves.  Surprised he doesn't have a bonus action.  Seems reasonable for a 10 stone bruiser."  It's the most obnoxious bonus in the game, because it doesn't feel like he's reconfiguring or picking things, it feels like they took things off his card and are putting ONE of them back on.  Your face when you realize Hannah can copy it - but it's not good, and she doesn't want to.  

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. I've found the biggest use of Landmines is to give it to something that is just about to die in a group of enemy models. I'm not sure how niche that is, but its hurt me enough times that I play slightly differently because of that option.

I'm going to disagree on Ariks action. I do think part of this is you are of the opinion that Hannah can copy a charge action, which I'm not sure about. If She can't copy charges, then Ariks ability is a much better option for her to look at. Even if she doesn't do it, her ability to easily do 9 damage on 1 attack is pretty scary and needs to be planned around (I don't know why 9 damage and a 2" push seems so much worse than 8 damage. Maybe I'm just a fan of overkill. Or it may be the minimum 5 which does seem a lot scarier than the minimum 4, putting a lot of models under threat of being killed by 2 weak attacks).  (The difference in view over the action may also be I'm used to every iteration of the strong arm suit having been able to adapt to hitting, shooting or being hit each turn, so I don't get the same feeling as you do).

On 2/25/2020 at 4:49 PM, Adran said:

Or it may be the minimum 5 which does seem a lot scarier than the minimum 4, putting a lot of models under threat of being killed by 2 weak attacks).  (The difference in view over the action may also be I'm used to every iteration of the strong arm suit having been able to adapt to hitting, shooting or being hit each turn, so I don't get the same feeling as you do).

How about min. 6 damage with double critical + Arik's Bonus + push within Landmines put by a different guy?)