Ideas for upcoming errata (outcast)

Ming

I thought of a really nice way to make Malifaux Child worth hiring. Give him Threaten and Hidden in Plain Sight instead of MS. Its more in theme for MC as well. He just yells "My dad can beat up your dad!" at the other team. I'd pay 3ss for something that hands out adversary and does almost nothing else. I'd also change HiPS to require LoS from the master instead of no-LoS. I never understood how LoS breaks that ability anyway in OC. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, OhRlyeh said:

I thought of a really nice way to make Malifaux Child worth hiring. Give him Threaten and Hidden in Plain Sight instead of MS. Its more in theme for MC as well. He just yells "My dad can beat up your dad!" at the other team. I'd pay 3ss for something that hands out adversary and does almost nothing else. I'd also change HiPS to require LoS from the master instead of no-LoS. I never understood how LoS breaks that ability anyway in OC. 

I haven't understand a bit. 

What is MS? manipulative? What is HiPS and what does? 

Nota sure if Malifaux Child needs improvement, although it's not a bad Idea. 

Instead of Hidden in Plain Sight he could simply gain the keyword of the master, don't feel exactly OP and sound fluffy. 

Also, instead of adversary he could put Distracted (or Distracted could be a trigger). 

Or maybe give him Chatty, Boring Conversation or Annoying? (I promise I don't hate kids XD) Boring Conversation would be super cool since he doesn't have any bonus action. 

• Like 1

Well, looks like at the end of this month we are gonna have new erratas, and I would like to share an idea to test, if it's not too late. 

It's about the "At Gunpoint" action from Bandido and Dead Outlaw. 

Since it's already hard to achieve (non-leader enemy only, that must be at 3" of an enemy scheme marker) and the target may choose which effect to suffer, why not add to the effect "if the target chooses to discard, this model may draw a card"? 

It would be quite fluffy (bandits stealing resources) and would be a reason to use it instead of a regular attack. 

What do you think? I've never used At Gunpoint, because the few times it was possible, it really didn't worth it. 

• Agree 4

Outcasts:

Buff:
- Freikorps:
      a) add card draw, maybe change mechanic with upgrades. Like when it's discarded model gets some bonus? Currently when I compare them to Marcus / Lucac McCabe, I don't think it's so good. 
      b) Scout model - would like to see lover cost
- Hamelin:
      a) Benny - no idea what this model should do 
      b) Winged Plague - add some survival tools 
- Versalite:
      a) Mx Child - very cheap model, but no good uses for me. People had some ideas in this topic

Nerf:
- Obliteration:
       a) Aionus - unbury gives 1 pass token or Shielded, not 2 pass tokens

Oh yeah:

Taelor - Change "Welcome to Malifaux" to "whenever a model is placed within 6" instead of "summoned".  Dreamer and Tara don't even summon on to the board, so she's not even reliable against summoners.  Just let her slap placed models by discarding a card.  This would give her the boost she'd need to actually be decent.  

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, RisingPhoenix said:

Oh yeah:

Taelor - Change "Welcome to Malifaux" to "whenever a model is placed within 6" instead of "summoned".  Dreamer and Tara don't even summon on to the board, so she's not even reliable against summoners.  Just let her slap placed models by discarding a card.  This would give her the boost she'd need to actually be decent.  

or too good? in this way she not only counters flyers, leapers and models that use on your wheels, but also makes a potent combo with Pull! trigger in von Schill crew.

• Agree 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

While I would like to see some kind of improvement on Taelor, I'm not sure if she really needs it, or is simply that her role is quite redundant in her crew. 

She hits hard (as the Viktorias), is reasonably mobile (as the Viks), as hard as anyone else on the crew (not much, is a squishy crew), and ss hungry (as the Viks). She's not an autotake on her crew, as they are Mad Dog, Alyce or that kind of too-good-to-not-take-them-but-not-so-necessary-out-of-keyword henchmen, but still add to the crew things like Ruthless (invaluable versus some crews), Welcome to Malifaux (also quite useful versus many summoners) and Bring It, useful in all circumstances but specially versus bubble crews. 

She could enjoy some little buff, like the second ram trigger not being so useful as a straight Puncture. It could be changed to something like "this attack ignores defensive triggers", or Demise abilities (don't have any of this in the faction), or directly damage irreducible (not only from ss). 

1 hour ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

or too good? in this way she not only counters flyers, leapers and models that use on your wheels, but also makes a potent combo with Pull! trigger in von Schill crew.

<Von Schill yeets a body across the yard>

"Bump!"

<Freikorpsmann shoots the body out of the sky>

"Set!"

<Taelor winding up as the poor soul's body decends to the dirt below>

"..... spike."

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, CustosUmbra said:

As much as I like the idea of Taelor's ability being triggered by any Place, I'd rather have it affect only models with attached Summon Upgrades. 

So make it "when a model with a Summon Upgrade attached is placed..".

What about Hamelin, Rei, Spawn Mother, some of So'mer, and the majority of the Ancestor keyword, among others?!

18 minutes ago, Zebo said:

Well, Since each summoner Master could be engaging Taelor and still summon out of her bubble, doesn't seems like a real problem to avoid Welcome to Malifaux. 

Its not hard to avoid it. But Taelor does have the potential to block off nearly 1/9 of the board from having models summoned in it. It is one of those abilities that it is probably rarely going to get used, and when it does get used it is isn't going to do that much, but its power exists in all the summoning that it stopped, or forced to happen in a worse place because of it,. which the taelor player may never actually know about.

• Agree 2

Taelor is simply... look, she's a 9 soulstone beater.  In that slot we have Archie, Francois, Thoon, Hinematsu, Francisco, and the Valedictorian.  If we expand just one soulstone up to 10 we add Ototo, Ice Golem, Teddy, and Mancha Roja.  And I think there's something that a lot of them have in common, and that's a way to be worth way more than 2 actions, and that usually comes in the form of a Flurry.  And really, Taelor should have Flurry.   So Welcome to Malifaux is costing her a Flurry.  And boy is it a lot less utility than Flurry.  

Now this would be fine, were she a Versatile model with Ruthless who could come in as a counterpick to summoners or if you need a Ruthless model.  But instead she's Viktoria's only Henchmen.  She's literally the Viks only in-keyword Henchman.  And boy would you often be better off spending 10 soulstones for Alyce (who again has 3 actions).  Hannah has 3 actions and Arcane Reservoir (which is certainly worth a stone).  Mad Dog Brackett has 3 actions (fast).  It's really not uncommon for high soulstone Henchmen to have a way to generate that extra action, in fact I'd say that most of the ones who don't are like Montresor where their value is in auras and buffs and things that don't even happen in their activation.  

Welcome to Malifaux isn't free, it's Taelor's "extra action".  And frankly, it does nothing and kind of drags down the entire Viktoria crew.  If we left it as is and added a Flurry to the front of her card, that'd be fine.

• Agree 3

To be honest, Taelor is also in the crew with the cheapest Covetous Cravings model, and almost the only model worth fast (viks cannot benefit from fast, Bishop is already fast, so Taelor and Vanessa are the best targets for fast, being the other options the Ronin, Big Jake and Desperate Mercy). 

Also, I doubt Hannah has 3 actions, and I expect Wyrd to clarify this in the FAQ. 

Arik is 10ss and doesn't have 3 actions, as many other models (Mature Nephilim, the Captain, Killjoy or the Metal Golem, for example) 

• Like 1