Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
Yore Huckleberry

No Run-and-Grenade, Right?

Question

Mostly confirming here, but the Guild upgrade “No Prisoners” gives minions access to run and gun (charges can generate ranged actions as well as melee), and a bonus-action ranged attack in clockwork grenade.

Can you use the grenade as the attack generated by a run-and-fun charge?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 2
34 minutes ago, Yore Huckleberry said:

Mostly confirming here, but the Guild upgrade “No Prisoners” gives minions access to run and gun (charges can generate ranged actions as well as melee), and a bonus-action ranged attack in clockwork grenade.

Can you use the grenade as the attack generated by a run-and-fun charge?

The big issue that you're going to run into is that when you take that Grenade :ToS-Fast:Action, you're taking your :ToS-Fast:Action for that Activation.  Because only triggers have the language about generated Bonus Actions not interfering with the normal Bonus Action.

In other words, you can do as the generated action, but unless you've got something else in play (like a rule that gives you other benefits to the attack generated by the charge), there really isn't a point.  It's the same result as just not taking the action generated by the charge, and taking the Bonus Action normally after it.

Edit:  In case that sounds silly, have a look at Hannah Lovelace's Adaptive Tactics action, and notice that big long final sentence specifying that she can take a Bonus Action generated by her Bonus Action.

That's how much work the authors of the rules decided to go to, instead of letting actions generate bonus actions for free automatically.

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
8 hours ago, solkan said:

The big issue that you're going to run into is that when you take that Grenade :ToS-Fast:Action, you're taking your :ToS-Fast:Action for that Activation.  Because only triggers have the language about generated Bonus Actions not interfering with the normal Bonus Action.

In other words, you can do as the generated action, but unless you've got something else in play (like a rule that gives you other benefits to the attack generated by the charge), there really isn't a point.  It's the same result as just not taking the action generated by the charge, and taking the Bonus Action normally after it.

Edit:  In case that sounds silly, have a look at Hannah Lovelace's Adaptive Tactics action, and notice that big long final sentence specifying that she can take a Bonus Action generated by her Bonus Action.

That's how much work the authors of the rules decided to go to, instead of letting actions generate bonus actions for free automatically.

 

That makes sense — so it’s legal, but not helpful, as it still counts against your bonus action limit for the activation. Eg a pathfinder couldn’t move/charge-grenade/set the trap, or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
27 minutes ago, Yore Huckleberry said:

That makes sense — so it’s legal, but not helpful, as it still counts against your bonus action limit for the activation. Eg a pathfinder couldn’t move/charge-grenade/set the trap, or something.

A monster hunter with No prisoners could be given a charge + grenade by another family model using A por el. I guess that might occasionally be useful. It certainly makes me interested to try a silly Shockwave spam build. Bonus crazy  points are awarded for charging and treating the grenades as a melee weapon and hitting yourself. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
14 hours ago, Ludvig said:

A monster hunter with No prisoners could be given a charge + grenade by another family model using A por el. I guess that might occasionally be useful. It certainly makes me interested to try a silly Shockwave spam build. Bonus crazy  points are awarded for charging and treating the grenades as a melee weapon and hitting yourself. 

The ol’ “stop grenading yourself!” build. Papa Loco is an auto take!

Honestly, it’s sort of fun to imagine burning out a hand to just plain spam 5-6 grenades round one on a monster hunter ...

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

New Sonnia Criid Crew (Guild)
Size: 50 - Pool: 6
Leader:
  Sonnia Criid
    Expert Marksman
Totem(s):
  Purifying Flame
Hires:
  Witchling Thrall
    No Prisoners
  Witchling Thrall 2
    No Prisoners
  Melissa K.O.R.E.
  Pale Rider
    Lead-Lined Coat
 

Welcome to AOE hell

:ramtriger on Rider turn 2 works for extra 3 charge and granade here 😜 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

This also means you can give a Freikorps Grenade Belt to a Bandido, who has no:ToS-Fast:- action, and it works well still!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information