Talos OOK

TheJoyInGaming

12 minutes ago, Ogid said:

I'm curious... Why Talos with Freikorps? AFAIK they didn't bury and Talos cannot attach Equipments...

Engineer's bonus gives him Shielding 2 and Heal 1. Also, Drachen can help with the Burning and Lazarus can Assimilate his Bury. 

As to why, I like to tinker with OOK models and see if they work. I think it is a holdover from deck building in TCGs.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TheJoyInGaming said:

Engineer's bonus gives him Shielding 2 and Heal 1. Also, Drachen can help with the Burning and Lazarus can Assimilate his Bury. 

As to why, I like to tinker with OOK models and see if they work. I think it is a holdover from deck building in TCGs.

I approve of the idea, but to me too much of Talos is focused on buried enemy models for him to be too much use if you don't have another source of buried. (Hannahs Glimpse the void trigger and Lazarus' assimilate seem to much of a dream scenario to work enough to make the combo work) (Try and build the ideal frekorps crewfor it and then look at the crew without Talso and see if the crew could survive his absence, that's what I try and do when I build combos around set things. Mind you I remember building a healing salve deck in MTG, and despite Healing salve being the card it was designed to support, it was dropped as not good enough for the deck concept)

Speed 5 isn't that slow. Sure, he isn't going to be dropping markers in all the enemy corners, but he moves at the same rate as most of the rest of your crew. Certainly usable when you are expecting a brawl in the middle, not so much when you face a mobile gun line, or just mobile schemers. If I were to try it out, I would probably only do so in certain games, (probably not plant explosives as there is not a natural incentive to brawl, although the others might work) and against melee crews where he can advance at the same rate as the rest of the crew and remain relevant.

I think you would have more success the other way, porting the drachen trooper into a Tara crew if you want to play that burning game, just because of how much Talos gains from buried models

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Adran said:

I approve of the idea, but to me too much of Talos is focused on buried enemy models for him to be too much use if you don't have another source of buried. (Hannahs Glimpse the void trigger and Lazarus' assimilate seem to much of a dream scenario to work enough to make the combo work) (Try and build the ideal frekorps crewfor it and then look at the crew without Talso and see if the crew could survive his absence, that's what I try and do when I build combos around set things. Mind you I remember building a healing salve deck in MTG, and despite Healing salve being the card it was designed to support, it was dropped as not good enough for the deck concept)

Speed 5 isn't that slow. Sure, he isn't going to be dropping markers in all the enemy corners, but he moves at the same rate as most of the rest of your crew. Certainly usable when you are expecting a brawl in the middle, not so much when you face a mobile gun line, or just mobile schemers. If I were to try it out, I would probably only do so in certain games, (probably not plant explosives as there is not a natural incentive to brawl, although the others might work) and against melee crews where he can advance at the same rate as the rest of the crew and remain relevant.

I think you would have more success the other way, porting the drachen trooper into a Tara crew if you want to play that burning game, just because of how much Talos gains from buried models

Thanks for the constructive criticism, and the tips. Sometimes I get blinded by the magical Christmas dreamland scenario and don’t take into account what will actually work. 

• 5 weeks later...