Jack Daw in Outcasts!

ebolazaire

He's an overall good master and his crew is good as well. 

There are no bad models in the keyword, you just need to choose the necessary models for the schemepool.

Suitable OOK models include Midnight Stalker (who becomes Tormented when Jack doesn't see him) and Emissary. Hans can stagger opponents with his rifle's trigger.

• Like 1

Guilty are your MVPs, Hanged are your bedrock.  Every thing after that is up to your taste.

I personally love Montresor & Dead Outlaws, my friend lives for the Drowned and Jaakuna Ubume.  There's no wrong way to Torment!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jesy Blue said:

Guilty are your MVPs, Hanged are your bedrock.  Every thing after that is up to your taste.

I personally love Montresor & Dead Outlaws, my friend lives for the Drowned and Datsu Ba.  There's no wrong way to Torment!

Did you mean Jaakuna Ubume, not Datsue Ba?

29 minutes ago, ebolazaire said:

That's good to hear!

The mentioned OOK stuff I already have so that's a good start :)
Anything you would suggest that goes well for an in Keyword additional buy with the starter box?

Dead Outlaws are very good for shooting, movinf the crew and giving out Fast.

Hanged are unexpectedly good for both killing and scheming. They can use stones to built-in triggers like dropping markers next to enemies. They can take Servant upgrade to have Terrifying 13.

Crooked men give out a lot of Staggered and can drop a lot of markers, too.

Undertow box includes Jaakuna and Drowned. The Enforcer is a good luring tarpit, who stacks with the crooked men. Drowned aren't as strong, but can be useful, too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ebolazaire said:

Awesome thanks all!

I like the look of Jaakuna's mini, but she doesn't fit well with the rest of the look for me!

I'll look at picking up Hanged along with the box :D

I am no daw expert but tbh I always find myself with double hanged and double guilty. I don’t like his rezzer options when playing him in outcast otherwise as the hanged bring such value. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, psychogeek said:

I am no daw expert but tbh I always find myself with double hanged and double guilty. I don’t like his rezzer options when playing him in outcast otherwise as the hanged bring such value. 

Good to hear! I went with the transparent crewbox and a box of hanged! :D

Now fingers crossed that they make it safely through our postal service...

I always hire a prospector. The crew is so stone hungry. There's also a cool trick you can do turn 1 with Dead Outlaw, Guilty, and Prospector (all 3 good models you're likely taking anyway. Dead Outlaw charges and shoots Guilty with a tome to do 2 damage and drop and enemy scheme marker into base contact with the Guilty. Prospector wakes up, pushes to scheme marker and picks it u, gaining a ss, then does his normal thing. You just traded a low tome, 2 damage on a model that wants to die, and a prospector ap for a ss. All without slowing anyone down significantly.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I can recommend jaakune. She works brilliantly with the crew and her drowning aura is punishing. 

She is especially great against high activation models. Attacking 6 times with hinamatsu doesn't seem quite as clever when she is taking 1 damage per action from the aura and a ping of damage from vengeance  everytime she damages jaakune. 

She is also a good target for montresors cursed to watch ability allowing her an extra lure on a key target. 

She combos nicely with crooked men. Shafted and drowning aura can be one of the most efficient ways to get staggered out, being mostly passive only taking one free action to get up and running. 

I'm using Jack Daw a lot lately, especially into Outcast, but I see that you already got a lot of answers here, so here is my 2 cents for you :)

In my opinion, for the best possible use of Jack's crew, you will need at the very least 5 SS (I normally take 7, since I use my Hanged a lot for his Triggers).
1 Hanged is usually enough (with Servants of Dark Powers upgrade, it' a must) and you definitely want to take at least 2 Guilties with you.
Dead Outlaws are great if you want  to mess with Enemy's Markers (discarding them and giving out Fast condition to Montresor or the Hanged).
Jaakuna is definitely worth considering, against Melee-oriented crews (i.e. she works fine against Ulix's Pigs. My opponent never dare to send those fatties close to her).
Midnight Stalker is a good option if you need a good Scheme runner, but personally I never used him; I've found Jack doing alright even without him.
I used the Drawned a couple of times, they are ok and worth considering against a heavy melee crew.

Keep your Crew well clustered together, and Ligeia close, to drain your opponent's hand. Once your opponent has no cards left, you can start attacking with Montresor and Jack Daw, using the Execute trigger; this is the main reason to have TONS of SS with you.
With Jack and Montresor, you always want to have Crows in your attacks to trigger the Execute. This will force your opponent to burn his SS just to defend...and once his SS are over, is basically GG for you. 
Careful though, because Jack Daw is not immortal, and sending him straight into the flay can result in a premature dead for him.
Have fun :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...