Lucius Crew assistance

english_boar

Guild hounds are probably not that hot to hire out of keyword, they basically come with the mercenaries tax now. I'm not really an expert on Lucius but I'd say you definitively want agent 46 and the doppelganger in the crew. I've been looking at the possibility of sneaking Dashel in for summoning executioners or mounted guard, you would need to add his totem to get your summon on. 

There was a recent thread with lots of useful info for Lucius that may help you out:

About the crew; I'd start checking how the M3E keyword system works. Picking 4 Hounds as out of keyword models doesn't look like the most efficient choice. Dashel is now a Master, but he seems to be good with Lucius tho (Dashel summon minions, Lucius and Changeling command minions)

Lucius seems to be able to do a lot of different lists, depending if you focus in the mimics, the staggered theme of the investigators or if you mix both. Plus as he is good commanding other models (especialy minions), he has a ton of options.

Do you have any theme in mind that you like especially?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Sorry for late reply, real life got in the way.

I have no theme ideas as I am very new to the game, but love masks and masked characters if there would be any option that way? Will drop the hounds and check out the linked thread too.

I'm 100% keeping Doppelganger, the lack of mini for Agent 46 is what puts me off in that regard.

20 hours ago, Starrius said:

Is the agent 46 available in the special order as it's a m3e new model that is in the lucius core box.

Its not listed yet, but they have said they are updating the special orders quarterly, so I expect the next update to be early next year, and for him to be in that update.

Here's a cool battle report to study for Lucius interactions – do note, that it doesn't go well for Lucius, as they misinterpret a Mei Feng rule, and that basically ruins the game, but the Lucius player is a good sport (completely out of character) and tries to keep up. So there is plenty of stuff to learn from him.

Other notes :

People generally like to play on the Execute trigger with Lucius via a Guild Rifleman and/or Executioner.

1 hour ago, Regelridderen said:

Here's a cool battle report to study for Lucius interactions – do note, that it doesn't go well for Lucius, as they misinterpret a Mei Feng rule, and that basically ruins the game, but the Lucius player is a good sport (completely out of character) and tries to keep up. So there is plenty of stuff to learn from him.

Other notes :

People generally like to play on the Execute trigger with Lucius via a Guild Rifleman and/or Executioner.

I hate looking at most battle reports because they are doing so many errors! Often game breaking ones (like in this game) that change the game results!

1 hour ago, Regelridderen said:

Other notes :

I think if you’re up against a summoner, teching in Agent 46 and an Exorcist to stone (on an uncheatable flip!) for the summon-killing trigger is super worth it. Honestly pulling Agent 46 into a Lady J crew just to borrow the anti-undead tech triggers seems pretty good, and is on my list of builds to try.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cursed25 said:

I hate looking at most battle reports because they are doing so many errors! Often game breaking ones (like in this game) that change the game results!

The outcome is inconsequential. I'm not watching a game rooting for one side or the other. I'm much more interested in, what I can pick up of game mechanics, interactions and unseen synergies. This report gives some nice insight into how Lucius works – and obviously how Mei Feng doesn't.

And it's just nice background noise for painting.

@Yore Huckleberry Guild getting Agent 46 is definitely a boon. The Doppleganger has been a staple for Neverborn since forever, and the Agent with his Ruthless and ability to stop cheating is always a threat.

I did a serious look-through of Guild tactical actions for the Changelings to copy, and really apart from Lucius's Obey, the only serious contender in my mind is the Executioner's Scatter: no TN and moves all enemy models in a pulse 3" a distance of 3" away from the model.

As for Doppelganger, being able to copy Guild guns at stat 7 is pretty great. Riflemen are probably good since they're obey-able minions, or Santiago or Nino Ortega both have good triggers.

I don't hate the Lone Marshal, either, if you're going to invest that much into it anyhow, and he also synergizes with stagger. Agent 46 and the Doppelganger both copying LM makes for 3 stat 7 guns at 14" range with a crit strike and maim trigger.

34 minutes ago, Yore Huckleberry said:

I don't hate the Lone Marshal, either, if you're going to invest that much into it anyhow, and he also synergizes with stagger. Agent 46 and the Doppelganger both copying LM makes for 3 stat 7 guns at 14" range with a crit strike and maim trigger.

Mimic do not copy the stat, so the agent needs to make do with Stat 6 :)

41 minutes ago, Yore Huckleberry said:

I did a serious look-through of Guild tactical actions for the Changelings to copy, and really apart from Lucius's Obey, the only serious contender in my mind is the Executioner's Scatter: no TN and moves all enemy models in a pulse 3" a distance of 3" away from the model.

If you want to run dual Master, Hoffman's Overcharge can be worth to copy. 

Otherwise False claim from False witness can be good, but its usefulness is somewhat lowered by the 9 it requires.