Black Friday 2019 Announcement

Kyle

30 minutes ago, Nathan Caroland said:

If its on that list, it has an updated M3E card.

Awesome, that makes my card order much smaller (other than the ones I already need lol). 

Will the prices be posted ahead of time at all? Sorry for the noob questions, but appreciate the responses. This is my first Wyrd Black Friday Sale. 

14 minutes ago, TheJoyInGaming said:

I think Reva and her crew were released at Gen Con in 2016.

Yep.  However that was also the last year the Wyrd did pre-releases for Black Friday and Easter as they had talked to a number of disgruntled distributors and stores and changed policy to only sell pre-releases at GenCon. So Reva did sell as a pre-release that year for Black Friday as well. 

But, they no longer do pre-releases outside of GenCon. So expectations for pre-releases are not going to be rewarded. 

• Agree 3

12 hours ago, Kyle said:

Make sure to set your browser to our webstore while repeatedly pressing the refresh button on November 27th, because that's when the big sale begins. You'll have until December 2nd to scoop up all of these limited characters, so make sure to act fast!

This is so hilarious, especially taking those of us into account here in europe getting up early in the morning at 4 a..m. for the GenCon sale and still waiting for their stuff.  Acting fast has proven to be so useful. Not. 

• Respectfully Disagree 1

Is there a way we can get prices next to each model that is available as I need to budget this in with xmas! Oh also is there a limited stock or aslong as we order within the time frame we'll get the mode?

Sorry one final question, by any chance does the Winter Wonderland - (Rasputina) Nightmare box have the killer christmas tree still as I know that happened awhile back but wasnt the original idea?

Also first time in a very long time I have ordered to ship to the UK, is there an average shipping cost info anywhere please?

Thanks

56 minutes ago, kingmighty said:

This is so hilarious, especially taking those of us into account here in europe getting up early in the morning at 4 a..m. for the GenCon sale and still waiting for their stuff.  Acting fast has proven to be so useful. Not. 

Are others in Europe still waiting for GenCon orders then? Mine has been right royally messed up by the local Royal Mail here in the UK. FedEx even said when I was asking where it was that they were sending it back instead of to me! I mean come on!

Wyrd have been awesome about it though as usual. It's often people outside of their control making them look bad, same as everywhere else it seems these days, people just not doing their jobs properly. Global apathetic attitudes. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CD1248 said:

Now the true question: Will Archie be back in stock in time for the sale, or will we have more lonely pirate hats waiting for owners again?

With you on this, he is out of stock EVERYWHERE. Meaning brine & bones hat is well meaning, but for a miniature no-one can get. I've asked in the selling group too! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Wild Ones shouldn't have been on that list. Copy paste, thank you for pointing that out. 

What???? I've been an entire year waiting to get them (missed last year's sale), I couldn't be happier when I saw them on the list and now they won't be available? That really, really hurts... U_U

1 hour ago, Mr MR Dub said:

Are others in Europe still waiting for GenCon orders then? Mine has been right royally messed up by the local Royal Mail here in the UK. FedEx even said when I was asking where it was that they were sending it back instead of to me! I mean come on!

Wyrd have been awesome about it though as usual. It's often people outside of their control making them look bad, same as everywhere else it seems these days, people just not doing their jobs properly. Global apathetic attitudes. 

In Spain we got everything we ordered with the only issue of the books, so we are pretty fine with the experience.

Now with the Black Friday sale, we are quite excited so get ready to see a huge order!  I really like Waldo getting on markers and its own model, I have the black joker model from a Black Friday in the past who will enjoy its company (not so sure about using it a on a table as it can get the paint scratched). 

18 minutes ago, Chou said:

In Spain we got everything we ordered with the only issue of the books, so we are pretty fine with the experience.

Now with the Black Friday sale, we are quite excited so get ready to see a huge order!  I really like Waldo getting on markers and its own model, I have the black joker model from a Black Friday in the past who will enjoy its company (not so sure about using it a on a table as it can get the paint scratched). 

1 hour ago, Mr MR Dub said:

It's not just an issue with the books and has nothing to do with any local shipping service provider. And yes, usually wyrd has been awesome with such things but this time not.

But that wasn't my point at all. No matter how fast you got your GenCon order in it had nothing to do with the order that wyrd shipped your stuff. So I just felt the last sentence to be a little awkward, that's all.

11 hours ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Nope. Not dealing with a European hub - it's a complete and utter shit show each and every time we've looked into it. We would love to accommodate, and we don't make a dime extra on the shipping, but it is what it is, and sadly, not likely to change. Will it cost sales/interest? Absolutely. 

Thanks for having looked into it :D

I guess Malifaux is very unlikely to develop around here. I just came back yesterday from one of the biggest shops in France and they are dropping Malifaux entirely (too few sales). Let's not speak about TOS because almost nobody knows about it here.

My analysis is that this is partly the matter of a price level (LGS prices are very high here and from what I heard it is mainly due to a high distributor price), a lack of French version and an overall poor marketing here.

Many people I know order from the UK due to product availability and price but, if one day our British friends can agree among themselves as to which kind of Brexit they want, the raising customs duty will probably kill the game outright in here.

I may be wrong and I hope I am, but I regret Wyrd's lack of European logistic and marketing strategy. I understand though that you have a lot on your plate and have to channel your energies into the most profitable endeavours.

I will still continue to support Wyrd because I like the game and I am a collector.

• Agree 2

33 minutes ago, NoisyAssassin said:

New to Malifaux so I don't know the drill around here. It's unclear whether there's actually a sale associated with the black fri sale, or whether it's just free models past a price threshold and the chance to grab alt stuff?

Its not a time to get discounted product, its a time to get otherwise unavailable limited release product, with some freebies thrown in.

• Thanks 1