Details you missed at first glance

Angelshard

5 minutes ago, AK1979 said:

Not sure but I think you can choose to remove zero markers , 

it removes "all" markers, so that's not a choice.

10 minutes ago, le_wahou said:

There is one thing I missed at first glance with reporters, and I do not like it. You can not protect your scheme with "exclusive interview" aura.

If your opponent trys to remove your scheme marker in an "exclusive interview" aura, he will interact. You will control the interact, but as he is close to a friendly scheme marker, your only legal choice is to have him remove every scheme marker in base contact.

Can you decide to try to declare dropping a scheme marker, then fail because the other marker is too close though?  Not sure on the specifics of dropping a scheme marker...

7 minutes ago, le_wahou said:

There is one thing I missed at first glance with reporters, and I do not like it. You can not protect your scheme with "exclusive interview" aura.

If your opponent trys to remove your scheme marker in an "exclusive interview" aura, he will interact. You will control the interact, but as he is close to a friendly scheme marker, your only legal choice is to have him remove every scheme marker in base contact.

You can take an action even if it's results can not be applied. So you can make enemy model take "place a scheme marker" interact action, but if there is no legal place for a marker, action's result will be simply ignored (see step 5 of Action Resolving, p.23)

7 minutes ago, AK1979 said:

Not sure but I think you can choose to remove zero markers , 

You have to remove all markers in base contact with the model. 

1 minute ago, Scoffer said:

You can take an action even if it's results can not be applied. So you can make enemy model take "place a scheme marker" interact action, but if there is no legal place for a marker, action's result will be simply ignored (see step 5 of Action Resolving, p.23)

I guess you can try to explain the resolution this way. Declaring an action that you can not resolve still seems rather strange. I will stick to my understanding until a FAQ points otherwise.

• Agree 1

On undercover reporter : his bonus action usable while buried can also be used on your models. I usually use it on field reporter to get a scheme on start and get the 6" move of bonus action. On turf war, you can also use it on a minion who will be able to walk/focus and interact thanks to the undercover reporter.

Phiona and LLC : When Phiona has a LLC, she can take the hit without the place. This allows you to keep her in the middle of your team to keep protecting multiple models with take the hit.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, le_wahou said:

On undercover reporter : his bonus action usable while buried can also be used on your models. I usually use it on field reporter to get a scheme on start and get the 6" move of bonus action. On turf war, you can also use it on a minion who will be able to walk/focus and interact thanks to the undercover reporter.

Phiona and LLC : When Phiona has a LLC, she can take the hit without the place. This allows you to keep her in the middle of your team to keep protecting multiple models with take the hit.

I want to echo the Undercover Reporter thing — I think there’s a huge temptation to unbury it early, when actually doing it round 2 or later will be when it actually impacts an opponent’s scheme. Speeding up Field Reporters (and/or Nellie by sending her towards an advanced minion with her free action) is a great use of it in the meanwhile.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 2:44 AM, Yore Huckleberry said:

This may be well known, but I found myself a couple times today cheating in a low ram on the Pale Rider to get the defensive trigger and reduce damage when the flip was already going to be at a minus from Hard to Wound (Eg, he couldn’t cheat it anyway). 

As long as the weak damage isn't 1, then this is still not a bad plan. Reducing damage is not the same as not being able to cheat damage flips. They are both ways to reduce the average amount of damage you have coming in, but they happily work alongside each other.

4 hours ago, Adran said:

As long as the weak damage isn't 1, then this is still not a bad plan. Reducing damage is not the same as not being able to cheat damage flips. They are both ways to reduce the average amount of damage you have coming in, but they happily work alongside each other.

Right — unless there are really particular circumstances, I don’t think I’d do this in a situation where the cheat value gives my opponent a neutral/positive flip, but if it’s something in the middle — maybe a 6 or 8, it feels worth it (unless I’m holding that Ram for a Lady J leap attack off a mask stone or something).

5 hours ago, Yore Huckleberry said:

Right — unless there are really particular circumstances, I don’t think I’d do this in a situation where the cheat value gives my opponent a neutral/positive flip, but if it’s something in the middle — maybe a 6 or 8, it feels worth it (unless I’m holding that Ram for a Lady J leap attack off a mask stone or something).

I'll say the more I play the rider, the more I think the 9 wnds balances out the other parts pretty well.  I'm surprised people don't succeed in killing it off more often.

6 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I'll say the more I play the rider, the more I think the 9 wnds balances out the other parts pretty well.  I'm surprised people don't succeed in killing it off more often.

Yeah, it needs to hide a bit until it’s ready to go. A Domador hitting the ram trigger on it goes a fair ways in the middle rounds!

39 minutes ago, Yore Huckleberry said:

Someone just posted in the rules forum that something that affects an action affects its triggers too, so things like ricochet on Samuel Hopkins benefit from focus.

I presume that also works with defensive triggers like Lady J’s counterattack?

Don't believe so, defense is not an Action, that bit is specifically taking about Action Triggers. Similar discussion was had regarding Ironsides.

9 hours ago, Angelshard said:

@CD1248 P. 29 in the ruleboook:

"Focused +X: Before performing an opposed duel, this model may lower the value of this Condition by one to receive a + to the duel (and any resulting damage flip this model makes)." 

The defensive trigger is a resulting damage flip from the duel, so focus should work.

See also page 24 of the rulebook, the Accuracy Fate Modifier.  

Accuracy Fate Modifiers occur when there is a variable flip (often a damage flip) as the result of an opposed duel.

There should already be a rules discussion thread concerning both interactions.

14 hours ago, Nikodemus said:

Just noticed Melissa K.O.R.E. is only gatling gun in the game without a +modifier (in the app). At least its a stat 6. Bummer.

It also has tons of other stuff going for it, that other gatlings don’t, like Run and Gun, Power Tokens (bonus flips/suits), Df and Wp5... And most importantly it’s the flavour of gatling available to Guild.