Tourney Bat-Rep from Des Moines (11-9)

Yore Huckleberry

On 11/16/2019 at 7:55 AM, eddy said:

Well thats idea about riders as they are most expensive pieces except masters. They should be game changing. On the other hand they have counter like obey. Just put pressure on them so they need use token for deffence.

There's a lot of good counter play to them though. Certain models just eat them alive. LIke, vs Seamus a rider is 11 points of dead meat. Same for Shenlong or anyone who has executioner's claws. 

Riders are not invincible and I know they have a lot of counters! you put pressure on them and they will have to take there fate tokens for defense so will be less scary around turn 3. Pass this point and if they win initiative they will do there big revel if they want to do it!

Pressuring the riders is also a lot harder to do than most people think if you don't have long range threat or very fast models! Even if it's the case there's a lot of ways to protect your models (take the hit, blocking terrain, concealment, etc...) If Riders want to stay safe they can do it and force the opponent to commit hard if he wants it dead! This often lead to a counter-attack that could make you loose more than the opponent. Riders are so fast that they can easily stay back turn 1-2 and at the start of turn 3 move 14'' and do the big revel in a strategic point of the battlefield.

I don't have a big issue with the Riders rules by themselves. I have a problem with the power difference between them and most other 10ss beaters. There's a big margin between the 2 and you are almost always better to pay the 1-2ss extra to take the rider, in the four faction that got one, over any other 9-10ss models. They are almost as game changing as master but with a 5ss credit. I don't want Wyrd to nerf there rules! They are awesome and really strong, but they are way too powerful for there cost. When every beater options get outshined by 1 model, there's a problem! So I think their cost should be higher, I don't know exactly by how much, but I think it should be more than 1-2ss.

this is just my 2 cents :P 

ps: I know Guild will suffer right now if they make the PR cost more but Guild in general need a lot of buffs! So Wyrd will have to look at most Guild keywords and make small adjustments to make them a little stronger. (I think some keywords are fine and don't need much change! like augmented for example) This would be a lot nicer to get many stronger choices when building our crews instead of only having 1 auto-include model!

• Agree 1