What are your countertakes

4thstringer

I like to take the Lone Marshal for summons. I find him all over more useful than the Exorcist, especially with the stat 7 on his gun and run and gun, and that added firepower as well as the mobility he brings, makes his a more reliable summon hunter, I find.

Jury is good against Tara. I played her once against Dreamer, but Stitched don't care too much about her. She is also good if you need a high stat obey with built-in suit or if you need to take away the opponent's suits.

Agent 46 is my pick against armour due to Analyze Weakness that can't be cheated against.

• Agree 1

+1 to Jury vs Tara. Between the 2 DMG to buried and the 1 to summoned, her cheaper summons die in two Jury activations with no AP spent. And putting 2-4 on a buried beater waiting to pop out at you is pretty potent. I think you could add a Death Marshal Recruiter against Tara, too.

I also like the Lone Marshal vs terrifying or manipulative crews. The Judge is great in-keyword vs undead, and maybe worth the extra cost otherwise.

Lone Marshal or Judge against Viktorias to hit the second one with stagger (no out-of-activation friendly movements). Alison Dade feels worth hiring ook if the scheme pool is heavy on markers, and the exorcists and Basse have surprising abilities to pick up a ton of markers at once.

Jury vs Tara

Excorcist vs corpse/scrap generating models

Agent 46/lone Marshall as ruthless or armor removal

Agent 46 against armored crews

1 Executor if I want to kill a master with an important resistance trigger

Lone Marshall vs summoner with summon upgrades

Otherwise my counters are mostly scheme/strat relateds

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mrbedlam said:

Honestly Jury vs any summoner is good. Asami might be the least good. Getting those models down wounds from the get go just hurts, and like, if i'm playing Somer i cringe because I love dropping Bayous. They'd die instantly with Jury on the board. 

Somer might be jury's second or third best (dreamer/Tara 1+2).  

I'd argue Tara is hit harder than dreamer. He can get his model out in the same activation that he summoned them and he doesn't use other Bury mechanics. 

Personally I like papa loco for blow it to hell and his shockwave attack. Against rasputina it really helps if you can remove an important ice marker from range. 

The shockwave is great for getting around a lot of defensive tech and draining the opponents hand. 

7 minutes ago, Angelshard said:

Personally I like papa loco for blow it to hell and his shockwave attack. Against rasputina it really helps if you can remove an important ice marker from range.

Correct, I forgot this one.

Papa Loco against team with destructible terrain

I also forgot another one

Witchling thrall against Kaeris to remove friendly and ennemy burning

I am not less and less convinced by Papa Loco's shockwaves. He has a huge damage potential, but I have never seen it happen even after using A por el and abuela's obey on him on a round. it is easily shut down : this is a projectile, and his melee is range 0? He is easily controlled, and you can not let him close of your model otherwise you will take damage. His only positive point is his blow it to hell 😕

33 minutes ago, le_wahou said:

I am not less and less convinced by Papa Loco's shockwaves. He has a huge damage potential, but I have never seen it happen even after using A por el and abuela's obey on him on a round. it is easily shut down : this is a projectile, and his melee is range 0? He is easily controlled, and you can not let him close of your model otherwise you will take damage. His only positive point is his blow it to hell 😕

One thing I like on Papa is you can use bravado to focus and close the ml distance, or if positioning is right to back off to throw  more blasts.

1 hour ago, le_wahou said:

I forgot to mention how much I love your idea of the thrall into Kaeris.  I'll probably take her into Sandeep too, since I keep seeing fire golem there.

1 hour ago, Mrbedlam said:

Anyone had any success with Riotbreakers?

That I did. Didn’t anticipate it, but with at least two sources of crowd control (emissary and riotbreaker) any crew which loves to attack out of activation, not just classic obey crews, is suddenly unhappy. It hurt the Viks especially since they were trying to feed one another melee attacks and were stuck in overlapping auras. (In games since then, they more often handed off attacks to Vanessa who could use them from range. Be wary of her.)

1 minute ago, Gnomezilla said:

That I did. Didn’t anticipate it, but with at least two sources of crowd control (emissary and riotbreaker) any crew which loves to attack out of activation, not just classic obey crews, is suddenly unhappy. It hurt the Viks especially since they were trying to feed one another melee attacks and were stuck in overlapping auras. (In games since then, they more often handed off attacks to Vanessa who could use them from range. Be wary of her.)

Vanessa can really do some work if you leave her alone on the center line

• Agree 1

@le_wahou personally I prefer papa loco in a lucius crew where agent and doppel can copy the shockwave and then you can really spam it. Combine with Reid and an investigator for stagger and your opponent has a bad day.

Another counter pick is lead lined coat against obey masters, not for armor but laugh off. A big melee beater that Zoraida can't charge with is a lot more fun. If Bury counts as a move effect, I'm not certain, it's also a must against Tara and savage. 

21 minutes ago, Angelshard said:

Another counter pick is lead lined coat against obey masters, not for armor but laugh off. A big melee beater that Zoraida can't charge with is a lot more fun. If Bury counts as a move effect, I'm not certain, it's also a must against Tara and savage. 

laugh off don't protect against obey since it's model's choice to move or not and obeyed model is entirely controlled by opponent!