UK nationals report

le_wahou

Grimwell is the best scheme runner for guild in my opinion. We do not have 5-6 cost models with leap or ride with me. Grimwell is fast, durable (henchmen hard to wound 9hp), can put 2 schemes in one activation or interact if engaged using doctor's orders on himself. He is the cheapest model in guild able to do that with mounted guard, and he is more efficient in my opinion.

His other abilities depends on staggering opponents (attack trigger, strat/scheme denial on engaged models). This fits well with reporters.

I have tried other models to fill the scheme runner position :

_ models with creep along like Nurse Heartsbane, monster hunters or guard patrol to fill the same role. I do not feel confident with them. Creep along needs a LoS, and you can not move in the direction you want.

_ Field reporters : follow a lead is a really good movement and disengagement ability. You can prepare it by scheming with the reporter, but your opponent can still deny it by removing this scheme marker.

_ Lady Justice or Nellie. They are really good, but maybe a little expensive 😛

For scheme runners, I'm falling in love with the investigative reporter.  Like a super field reporter, but also can kill if need be.  Between follow a lead and deadly pursuit they can go 20" in a turn.  

I'm in complete agreement about creep along.  Its all over the faction, and when it is good it is great, but so often it is disappointing.

7 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

For scheme runners, I'm falling in love with the investigative reporter.  Like a super field reporter, but also can kill if need be.  Between follow a lead and deadly pursuit they can go 20" in a turn. 

I guess you mean undercover reporter. This model is really the MVP of these games in my opinion, but I used him mostly buried until end of turn 2 or 3. While buried, he can either grant 1 AP to a model or remove 1AP from by making him interact while in base contact with his own scheme. Once unburied, he is my main denial model rather than scheme runner.

2 minutes ago, le_wahou said:

I guess you mean undercover reporter. This model is really the MVP of these games in my opinion, but I used him mostly buried until end of turn 2 or 3. While buried, he can either grant 1 AP to a model or remove 1AP from by making him interact while in base contact with his own scheme. Once unburied, he is my main denial model rather than scheme runner.

Yup.  I should make that part of my signature, because I always mess that up. 

I tried him the other week deployed as normal with 2 bombs for plant explosives, and he was amazing.  Even if you don't have a scheme marker for him, he is getting those bombs out and about.