Levi @ UK nats (#2 place)

ttsgosadow

On 11/12/2019 at 10:53 AM, ttsgosadow said:

• Killing ashes and dust turn 4 and place the dust in the corner easiest to deny power ritual. Then just interact to remove the marker.

I do not believe you can remove the marker on the turn you Summon the Dust Storm. Since, the Storm is Summoned and Summoned models cannot interact on the Turn they are Summoned. 

58 minutes ago, Mycellanious said:

I do not believe you can remove the marker on the turn you Summon the Dust Storm. Since, the Storm is Summoned and Summoned models cannot interact on the Turn they are Summoned. 

True and important, but I read it as a turn 5 [next turn after summoning] interact to deny the second point, as denying the first point and its single scheme marker requirement is next to impossible.

• Agree 1

What he said :) I really love playing with that ability. Its very strong when used right. Never reformed Ashes as it always felt stronger just to have a significant model on the other side of the table all of a sudden.

It's what pulls me to Hamelin as well - if the turn before you turn your stolen into rats, you can go full rat king/catcher shenenigans the turn after. Seems fun!

On 11/12/2019 at 4:53 PM, ttsgosadow said:

Some tricks I liked:

• Killing ashes and dust myself to instant score outrank
  • Killing ashes and dust turn 4 and place the dust in the corner easiest to deny power ritual. Then just interact to remove the marker.
  • Killing ashes and dust in general to place the dust somewhere to deny a scheme or tie up a model. It's easy to think you just need to reform, but I never did as just having a dust spawn way over gave/denied me more points.
  • Don't forget a lot of your models drop scrap markers when dead. Scavenger as well. You can make ridiculous movement with ashes, getting to places people don't expext. Even if it's just push 1 inch to get out of melee to interact or charge something else.
  • Kill Levi with his 0 action for an in activation teleport. One case I was down at 5 sounds. Used the bonus action and channelled for it, Then ditch all three cards, get three damage, redrawn next to a waif 30ish inches away with still 3 so left. It was glorious :)
  • get stuff to 1 wd and leap a necropunk next to it! It dies at activation and so easy to position.
  • Mask on scavenger for 8 inch pls. Plus a walk and the bonus action it's removing a marker at ~16 inch. It's so good. 

Can you really kill levi with his own free action?

The rulebook section on Choosing to Suffer Damage page 33 in the online rulebook says otherwise, or am i reading it wrong?

But thx for the tricks, will keep those in mind :)

Edited by bonsin
/Sorry, seems this is somehow still open for debate. Didnt see it being asked already
  • Like 1

TLDR: How to get better at Levi? Kill yourself! :D

20 minutes ago, bonsin said:

Can you really kill levi with his own free action?

The rulebook section on Choosing to Suffer Damage page 33 in the online rulebook says otherwise, or am i reading it wrong?

That's for costs or when the model choose how much damage he want to suffer to deal an effect (like his Necrotic Decay Trigger). In Sanguine Evocations he first discard X cards and then suffers the damage based on the discarded card (and that wording doesn't limit the cards to the number or Wds or something like that). He also seems to be able to kill himself with Essence Transfer.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2019 at 10:44 AM, ttsgosadow said:

Mostly hide her for the card draw and tanking. But also to deny healing where needed. In some games she just was a would battery and card draw, in other games the no heal proves really strong! She's a good claim jump target as well. The charge on interacting opponents never came up in 7 games.

Really interested in your list but was looking at other options other than Marlena. If you didn’t take Marlena, what would you use the other 8 stones for?

Midnight Stalker

Hans

Another Scavenger or maybe a Prospector + an upgrade?

I think the midnight stalker could be a replacement. He is good for scheming and most strats. Though I feel two punks was enough for that already. 

Marlena fills an important role giving you options how to spread your damage around. It makes it hard for your opponent to get a sure kill and you can exactly keen out wounds for max effect of Levi. 

I really dislike scavengers - call me crazy but almost always I would just rather have the stones up front - think Hans isn't really impressive; so slow! Midnight stalker is awesome, but extra scavenger could be nice as well! Might be a bit too much support.

Yeah, stalker would be best replacement I think.